ISU Communication No. 2388: Entries/Participation 2022 Olympics in Singles, Pairs & Ice Dance

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
Dang! Russia doesn't have a judge on ANY panels for the team event!!!!!!

Team Event Judges:

Men - AUT (P), CHN (P), EST, FRA, HUN (P), ISR (P), JPN, KOR, LAT
Women - AUT, AZE, BEL, CZE (P), ESP (P), FIN, ITA (P), NED (P), USA

Pairs - AUT, CAN (the one judge from the Pairs event that didn't get selected for the panels of either the Women or Men), CHN, CZE, ESP, HUN, ISR, ITA, NED
Dance - CAN, ESP, FRA, GER, ITA, JPN, LTU, POL, USA

That Dance panel is a very North American-friendly panel, IMO, for the team event.

Countries competing in the Team event (at this time) & # of Judges:
CAN - 2 (Pairs & Dance)
CHN - 2 (Men & Pairs)
CZE - 2 (Women & Pairs)
GEO - 0
GER - 1 (Dance)
ITA - 3 (Women, Pairs & Dance)
JPN - 2 (Men & Dance)
RUS - 0
UKR - 0
USA - 2 (Women & Dance)

Just gonna say this, based on the judging panels for the Team event - this gold is up for grabs, and so is the bronze!

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I don't know where else to post this but China will only allow spectators from its country to attend the Olympics.

All unvaccinated athletes must quarantine for 21 days.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
I don't know where else to post this but China will only allow spectators from its country to attend the Olympics.

All unvaccinated athletes must quarantine for 21 days.

Shocker. I was expecting nothing less than only Chinese Nationals allowed as spectators. I guess the good thing is they will allow spectators?

Team USA is requiring all of our athletes, coaches and support staff to be fully vaccinated for Beijing effective Nov 1st. I imagine they knew the 21 day quarantine was in the works and are being proactive in making this a non-starter to be on the team.

skatingguy

decently
The thing that will need clarification is which vaccines China will accept to consider someone fully vaccinated.

jiejie

The thing that will need clarification is which vaccines China will accept to consider someone fully vaccinated.
Exactly what I expected, only domestic spectators. They will probably also allow foreign residents of China (who follow the same vaccination requirements as mainlanders) as well, but that's a tiny number of people, relatively speaking.

Vaccines: China will of course accept its own vaccines. And I'm sure will accept anything non-Chinese that WHO has endorsed (Pfizer/BioNtech, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca, Janssen/J&J). What's in question is how they will treat the Russian vaccines (i.e. Sputnik/Gameleya), the Indian, and the Cuban vaccines. There's still plenty of time for athletes to find a way to get vaccinated with something acceptable, or for additional vaccines to be approved.

Requiring unvaccinated athletes to quarantine for 21 days is effectively saying "Don't Come."

skatingguy

decently
Exactly what I expected, only domestic spectators. They will probably also allow foreign residents of China (who follow the same vaccination requirements as mainlanders) as well, but that's a tiny number of people, relatively speaking.

Vaccines: China will of course accept its own vaccines. And I'm sure will accept anything non-Chinese that WHO has endorsed (Pfizer/BioNtech, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca, Janssen/J&J). What's in question is how they will treat the Russian vaccines (i.e. Sputnik/Gameleya), the Indian, and the Cuban vaccines. There's still plenty of time for athletes to find a way to get vaccinated with something acceptable, or for additional vaccines to be approved.

Requiring unvaccinated athletes to quarantine for 21 days is effectively saying "Don't Come."
How widely used are the Cuban & Indian vaccines, and how many athletes for a Winter Olympics would that affect? The Russian vaccine is probably the biggest question mark, and it's already causing issues for Russian athletes in ISU events.

jiejie

How widely used are the Cuban & Indian vaccines, and how many athletes for a Winter Olympics would that affect? The Russian vaccine is probably the biggest question mark, and it's already causing issues for Russian athletes in ISU events.
Not widely thus far, and not affecting many athletes for the Winter Olympics. As for the Russian vaccine(s), it's really in the hands of the Russians to get the data together and jump through the application hoops to get at least Sputnik approved. Mystery to me as to why they so far have refused to do this. Be that as it may, it's also well within the ability of the Russian government to procure/import an already-approved vaccine and administer it on a special basis, to its athletes bound for the Olympics. That would be the easiest, so Russian athletes do not have to depend on traveling elsewhere to try to get a non-Russian vaccine. Either one of those options seems workable in the time frame left before the Games. Well, at least if you don't consider the national pride/politics aspect of the equation.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Just saw this on Yahoo news. Hey, at least there will be spectators! 🥳

I guess that parents & other families won’t be allowed...NBC & other broadcasters will have the “family-cams” set up, in full force, as in Tokyo.

Arthur Liu won’t have to worry about trouble for his past as a protester in China. Stay home = stay safe!

Last edited:

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Regarding accepted vaccines:

All vaccines recognised by WHO or related international organisations, or approved officially by the countries or regions concerned, will be accepted.

(I've posted this in this thread in Other Sports)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information