Aljona Savchenko has been released to the USA to continue her pairs career

Status
Not open for further replies.

chameleonster

Wonderful, now not only is Aljona contributing her once stellar reputation to rehabilitating TJ and Dalilah's reputations, and using the teen girls at the rink(some of whom may be victims)for babysitting, she's taken it even further by dating him. I remember when the allegations first came out that he went on TSL and went on and on about how much he loves older women, so what, is this a PR stunt? I honestly can't decide which is worse, Aljona cynically deciding that dating him would provide enough cover for his history to be worth blowing up her family life for, or her genuinely falling for him. I'm disgusted.

Vagabond

What?!?!?!?!?!

Can I get any further behind in figure skating news?
I lurves ya, ANL, but how quickly you forget! You posted this
Holy Molyyyy

Can’t I take five or six days off from this website and clock some coins without coming back here for what appears to be major news everywhere. I can’t believe it. I need to sit back and read!
in the TJ Nyman Accused of Rape thread back in October, so this is hardly news to you. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

Quadjump

Wonderful, now not only is Aljona contributing her once stellar reputation to rehabilitating TJ and Dalilah's reputations, and using the teen girls at the rink(some of whom may be victims)for babysitting, she's taken it even further by dating him. I remember when the allegations first came out that he went on TSL and went on and on about how much he loves older women, so what, is this a PR stunt? I honestly can't decide which is worse, Aljona cynically deciding that dating him would provide enough cover for his history to be worth blowing up her family life for, or her genuinely falling for him. I'm disgusted.
So much unnecessary exaggeration and speculation. At the very end they are adults and free people.

zebraswan

There's always the possibility that it isn't exactly what it looks like, or
So much unnecessary exaggeration and speculation. At the very end they are adults and free people.
I wonder if her husband would consider her free...:confused:

That said, it's a bit much to assume the video is proof that they are "dating." Maybe they are just doing some weird Dalilah-prescribed exercise to bond as a pair.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
US Pairs should be thrilled that they may finally get a third spot.
Will they though? Savchenko is not skating by herself, and nothing I've ever seen by Nyman this far would lead me to believe he's that amazing of a skater.

Savchenko should have tried singles skating. I mean someone said she can do a 3t/3t. I'm sure she'd do quite well.

BaileyCatts

Won't they have to go thru qualifying or something to earn a spot at Nationals in January? What has to happen for them to even get to compete there? Would they get GP or other assignments this season?

Quadjump

That said, it's a bit much to assume the video is proof that they are "dating." Maybe they are just doing some weird Dalilah-prescribed exercise to bond as a pair.
I believe liam is really suffering.

Cheating her husband is not a nice thing and how it is coming out is nasty. But some comments on aljona which appear on social media feels Kind of coming from middle ages moral values.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Liam has also commented on the video on youtube. Scroll down to the "WHERE IS LIAM?"-comment and there he is in the replies. Someone wrote that Liam apparently reacted to the video on Twitter, calling Dave a "tool", but he deleted that comment and claims on YT that he apologized for it.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall wherever Aliona is right now.

soogar

Will they though? Savchenko is not skating by herself, and nothing I've ever seen by Nyman this far would lead me to believe he's that amazing of a skater.

Savchenko should have tried singles skating. I mean someone said she can do a 3t/3t. I'm sure she'd do quite well.
Well he used to be a singles skater and from what I’ve seen, he can jump pretty well plus he can lift a woman up. The pairs may appreciate that third spot if it was around for the next Olympics and she still had citizenship issues. Either, she’s not taking away anything from the current pairs.

Wow the Twitter... for her husband to see that on social media... this has got to be a shock.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City

This is not beyond the realm of possibility. I remember reading somewhere (will try to find the source) that Sappenfield allegedly encouraged some of her former pairs to date each other (I.e. be a romantic couple off the ice) because she thought it would make them more "connected" as a pair team.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
This is not beyond the realm of possibility. I remember reading somewhere (will try to find the source) that Sappenfield allegedly encouraged some of her former pairs to date each other (I.e. be a romantic couple off the ice) because she thought it would make them more "connected" as a pair team.
And this "philosophy" also led to several break-ups and partner switching that is very common in the US pairs realm, or why do you think John Coughlin dumped the talented and wonderful Caitlin Yankowskas back in the days for Caydee Denney?

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
Won't they have to go thru qualifying or something to earn a spot at Nationals in January? What has to happen for them to even get to compete there? Would they get GP or other assignments this season?
This is a summary of what they would have to do to qualify for US Nats. Basically they have to place top 3 in the National Qualifying Series or top 5 in their sectional to go to the Pairs Final (unless they get some kind of international bye). Top 12 from the Pairs Final go to Nats.

vu2019

This is a summary of what they would have to do to qualify for US Nats. Basically they have to place top 3 in the National Qualifying Series or top 5 in their sectional to go to the Pairs Final (unless they get some kind of international bye). Top 12 from the Pairs Final go to Nats.

The National Qualifying Series was canceled for this season and they are using an alternate qualifying procedure:

Sylvia

TBD
Won't they have to go thru qualifying or something to earn a spot at Nationals in January? What has to happen for them to even get to compete there?
Yes - here's the GSD thread with more info about the U.S. Nationals qualifying procedure for 2021-22: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/usfs-2021-22-qualifying-season-announced.108191/
Would they get GP or other assignments this season?
Well, Savchenko could qualify for he "Come-Back" clause (if it's still in effect) - relevant excerpt from the 2019-20 Grand Prix Announcement:

“Come-Back” Skaters/Couples: Skaters/Couples who were previously seeded (placed 1 to 6 within the
past 10 years at a ISU World Figure Skating Championships) and subsequently did not participate in one
or more competitive seasons will be given priority consideration to re-enter the ISU Grand Prix of Figure
Skating for selection of up to 2 assignments if they commit in writing to participating in two ISU Grand Prix
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating and ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final 2019/20
of Figure Skating events and if such return is announced and confirmed by the date of the annual Selection
Meeting. Such so called “Come Back Skaters/Couples” will not substitute any of the Seeded
Skaters/Couples, mentioned under a). “Come Back Skaters/Couples” must not fulfil the requirements of
the minimum Grand Prix score and would be considered for selection as an Organizing ISU Member
Choice. A come back under this clause is allowed only once in their competitive career for any
Skater/Couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information