From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Ice time? Aka an actual ice and actual facilities they can use in Moscow without wondering from the rink to the rink?
If ET can help them win an Olympic medal, that ice time is going to be filled with pair teams over the next quad. :lol: They do have the best facilities in Moscow, however. I think this is going to be very interesting.

zebraswan

Adian Pitkeev did not medal at Euros. His only notable senior medal was a silver at Rostelecom Cup.

Sergei was already 25 when he went to Eteri and he medaled at Euros for the first time that season. Who knows what would have been if he went to her earlier instead of wasting time with Morozov.

Moris would definitely not have been more successful with any other coach.

Daniil Samsonov is 15 years old for crying out loud.

Scott512

its Not a Guarantee, Tut has coached mens for years and still no success.

I don think T/M issue are with jumps, coz its really psychological that if they think they can fix their so called jumps then they will be more confident.
EGs focus has been on the girls and ladies because she has so many of them! Although she did have a junior boys world champion a few years ago.

And I think the great coach should be in contact with one of the top 5 or 6 guys in Russia who needs the protection of a big name coach. There are a couple choices for her. But are any of these guys willing to take that chance or are they scared of her? Eteri has been known to be tough on male skaters.

I hope EG can help T / M. Just making the olympic team in Russia for pairs is going to be quite the battle let alone winning Olympic gold.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin have huge room for improvement compared to T/M imo.
as seen with Mishina / Galliamov, technical skaters with the right polish can go far.

My bets as of for the Olympic Team although might change

1 Mishina / Galliamov
2 Boikova / Kozlovskii
3 Pavlyuchenko / Khodykin

Alt: Tarasova / Morozov, Panfilova / Rylov

Japanfan

sure Voronov wasnt exactly world podium material.

what about all of Eteris other junior to mens ? none survived

Erokhov, Skirda, Samsonov, Pitkeev

Eteris girls are consistent but men and pairs are just different
As has been pointed out, it has something to do with the nature of the field. In a highly competitive field, the athletes push each other.

Sylvia

TBD
Interview with Apollinaria Panfilova & Dmitry Rylov on the "Cafecito con Masha" YT channel on April 23 (with help from a Russian translator): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6R3Dg9wJMng

ETA:

Yegor Zakroev: "It is important to have faith that will help break through any wall" (April 27, 2021):
The guys from that junior team called Yegor Zakroev "honor and conscience." In an interview, [Jr.] World Championship medalist Maxim Miroshkin admitted that you can always talk with Yegor about everything, ask for advice and be sure that this conversation will remain between them. Such words, especially of the principal rival, with whom we fought on the ice, are not spoken just like that.
Perm couple Maria Vygalova - Yegor Zakroev consistently got into the prizes at the junior level. The guys were medalists of the junior world championship in 2014, prize-winners of the Grand Prix finals in 2013 and 2014, won the junior championship of Russia in 2015, qualified for the junior world, but did not go there due to their partner's illness. It seemed, despite the problems, the couple had everything ahead, but that season was their last in juniors and actually put an end to their sports career. The couple broke up. The athletes tried to ride with other partners, but it didn't work out.
Today Yegor Zakroev can be seen at junior competitions next to figure skaters from Krasnoyarsk, the Shelkovnikov brothers, Dmitry and Timofey, whom he already helps as a coach. Yegor Zakroev spoke about the new stage of life, past and present in an interview with the FFKKR website.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Yegor Zakroev: "It is important to have faith that will help break through any wall" (April 27, 2021):
Vigalova :drama:

J

Jeschke

New article on Vladimir Samoilov:

Pmaol at the headline:
Left Tutberidze for Plushenko long before Trusova and Kostornaya: the story of the talented figure skater Samoilov
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Still no confirmation of switch to POL.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Tarasova/Morozov to train with Tutberidze and Trankov for the Olympic season

Morozov will be representing Sambo-70 :lol:

Oh my. That sounds like a trainwreck.

anonymoose_au

I don’t understand why they didn’t go to Moskvina much earlier already, before her school was full of the top pairs. Just imagine what she could’ve done with them!
Maybe she didn't want them?

Plus is it really a good idea to have one coaching team in charge of everybody? What will happen to all these top pairs when Moskvina retires? She is 80 after all.

As well as that what works for one team might not work for everyone.

zebraswan

As of May 12, Russians can no longer apply for a non-diplomatic visa to the US from within Russia...they would have to apply from another country. I wonder if that will affect Russians being assigned to Skate America next season.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
As of May 12, Russians can no longer apply for a non-diplomatic visa to the US from within Russia...they would have to apply from another country. I wonder if that will affect Russians being assigned to Skate America next season.

Looks like Tiff and Jon will be assigned Skate America then...

It's also going to create a problem fitting in all of the Russian ladies into just 5 GPs.

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I guess it will depend on what Russian skaters already have tourist visas and how long they are good for. I know they can be valid for 1 month to 10 years but do they limit how long it’s valid based on your home country? Those who competed at SA 2019 may still have valid visas.

mjb52

Read that Daria P. is recovered and is doing some light training and will start training again with Denis "after the May holidays." This should go to a google translated article, hopefully: article

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I guess it will depend on what Russian skaters already have tourist visas and how long they are good for. I know they can be valid for 1 month to 10 years but do they limit how long it’s valid based on your home country? Those who competed at SA 2019 may still have valid visas.
when you have a warmongering senile in the white house it will.

Getting visa wouldnt be a problem there are other countries close including Belarus, Finland or Kazakhstan
the problem will be if the visa will be rejected.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

Why?

Sylvia

TBD
Two new pairs (Ekaterina Geynish / Ilya Mironov and Diana Mukhametzianova / Vladislav Antonyshev) appeared in the Mozer group:

... the couple Diana Mukhametzianova / Ilya Mironov [http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107867.htm] ceased to exist. Together they became silver medalists in the finals of the Junior Grand Prix and the Youth Olympic Games, as well as the winners of the Russian Cup final, but they had a bad last season.

Mironov's [new] partner is the promising 15-year-old Ekaterina Geynish, who, together with Andrey Sachkov, took places in the top 5 stages of the Russian Cup in CCM.

With Mukhmatzianova, 19-year-old Vladislav Antonyshev will continue his career, who in the last season with Alexandra Finokhina won one of the stages of the Russian Junior Cup and the Moscow Championship.

Both couples have been training for several weeks now.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Two new pairs (Ekaterina Geynish / Ilya Mironov and Diana Mukhametzianova / Vladislav Antonyshev) appeared in the Mozer group:

... the couple Diana Mukhametzianova / Ilya Mironov [http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00107867.htm] ceased to exist. Together they became silver medalists in the finals of the Junior Grand Prix and the Youth Olympic Games, as well as the winners of the Russian Cup final, but they had a bad last season.

Mironov's [new] partner is the promising 15-year-old Ekaterina Geynish, who, together with Andrey Sachkov, took places in the top 5 stages of the Russian Cup in CCM.

With Mukhmatzianova, 19-year-old Vladislav Antonyshev will continue his career, who in the last season with Alexandra Finokhina won one of the stages of the Russian Junior Cup and the Moscow Championship.

Both couples have been training for several weeks now.
Best wishes to both new pairs.

Sylvia

TBD
Russia could get the 3rd star in the men's Olympics. What needs to be done for this (April 30):
Candidates mentioned in the article: Dmitri Aliev, Alexander Samarin, Makar Ignatov, Andrei Mozalev, Petr Gumennik, Mark Kondratiuk, and Artem Kovalev. Excerpt from the end:
So far, the best options for getting the third Olympic quota are experienced Dmitri Aliev (provided that he fully recovers from injury) and young Andrei Mozalev, who is also capable of producing excellent results. However, as recent seasons show, our male loner [:D] is very unpredictable. So everything will be decided at the open [test] skates in Chelyabinsk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information