#TeamTrainwreck: MESS 2020/21 (Most Epic Splat of the Season)

MESS 2020/21

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
J

Jeschke

Here are the nominees for MESS 2020/21 (Most Epic Splat of the Season) in alphabetic order:

All (not only #TeamTrainwreck posters) are invited to vote :40beers:
For the :gallopin1 awards we primarily took senior skaters into consideration or extraordinary material from junior skaters.

One vote for the most :yikes: splat of the season! Voting is up for 7 days! The vote cannot be changed later. Choose wisely!

A big shoutout to Petr Gumennik who made the longlist with three entries.

Longlists can be seen here:
Part 1
Part 2

---

Previous winners
2016/17: Viveca Lindfors, World Junior Championships, FS
2017/18: Anna Pogorilaya, Grand Prix CAN, FS
2018/19: Keegan Messing, Grand Prix Final, FS
2019/20: Daria Pavliuchenko, Grand Prix Final, FS

---

:gallopin1 -Awards Trivia
  • Aliev is the most overall nominated skater now. 5 nominations, 1 win.
  • all nominees are first-time MESS-nominees.
---

Other #TeamTrainwreck Awards
MEEPOTS: coming April 20th
Tursy-POTS: coming April 21st
POTS: coming April 22nd

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagabond

:watch:

Dmitri Aliev: He's the Meryl Streep of MESS. All class but seldom wins the award.
Valentin Eisenbauer: Bold entry. You just know that putting his hand down the first time won't stop the inevitable. Impressive.
Vita Kareva: Splats with so little preparation. Nice!
Elisabetta Leccardi: The splat isn't as interesting as the commentator's reference to "la piazza."
Maia Mazzara: Loud, but is it epic? :unsure:
Sofia Pasechnik / Egor Kolosovskii: Difficult entrance, interesting positions, worthy of serious consideration.
Maxim Petrow: Painful no doubt, but not very distinctive.
Ludwik Piksa: A rarely seen splat combination! Two splats are indeed better than one. This one should win.
Alina Soloviova / Elisey Ivanov: Difficult exit out of the splat. Wonderful. Lovely kiss in the KnC doesn't count, though.
Elizaveta Zhuk / Martin Bidar: Mark's burr is more interesting than the sit-splat. 🤷‍♂️

mjb52

It's between Aliev and Kareva for me but I am really torn. Zagitova's reaction to Aliev's in the corner is very cute but I will go for Kareva as the lesser known skater, somewhat more in the #ttw spirit I think that way?

Colonel Green

Aliev and Piksa stand out the most to me. I'm a bit torn because I'm not sure how much credit Aliev should get for the impact when it's so dependent on Zagitova's reaction for its full effect. Plus, this would be two years in a row awarding a fall on a non-jump element.

LeafOnTheWind

Had to go with Piksa for the double fall.

Aliev and Eisenbaur were too hard to decide between in my list of 2nd and 3rd. You have a fall on nothing compared to a fall that kept rotating. You really can't go wrong with either.

beckab81

I don't know how Mazzara got that far off axis! That being said, 2 falls for the price of 1 is hard to pass up.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Hmmmmm how do I narrow it to one? So far I am undecided between Dmitri, Vita, Maia and Ludwik, did his count for 2 deductions? Curious if he got two deductions for that or one? We rarely see splat combos...

S

SmallFairy

Hmmmmm how do I narrow it to one? So far I am undecided between Dmitri, Vita, Maia and Ludwik, did his count for 2 deductions? Curious if he got two deductions for that or one? We rarely see splat combos...
Didn’t Pernille Sørensen have a two-splats-for-the-price-of-one in a MESS earlier?

I’m undecided too, need to think some more. But Aliev is a strong contender. Even without Zagitove. The look on his face when he’s on his back is priceless :lol:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I watched the video again with fresh eyes. Maia has really grown on me, she’s climbing for me

Maia’s really seems like a true splat. Crooked in the air, falls down and then sideways somersaults over. LMAO

Otherwise Dmitri or Ludwik

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
My top 3 are Aliev, Eisenbauer and Piksa. I think I enjoyed Eisenbauer most but Piksa just wins for the double fall surprise :D

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Well, at least Dmitri won something this season.

Who needs that 2020 World bronze anyway?
The #staminaboys are on a roll. Aliev wins a big award here and Ignatov is named Sexiest Skater. They are primed for the Olympic season.

mjb52

Ah, but Unknown Kid is featured in Russia's version of Tatler. I hope this isn't like Samson losing his hair. If Unknown Kid is no longer Unknown, then what does that mean for his skating?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information