From Russia With Love [#39]: Into Winter 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
That would be better suited to being debated in its appropriate place so we don't have to turn this into cv forum 2: the debate over antibodies and reinfection with a bunch of off-topic posts and links.
And you became a moderator when?

mjb52

Just a request, if people want to ignore it and clog up the thread with pages of posts of debate on the coronavirus that we have an especial forum for that is certainly their choice.

Scott512

Why would they turn down the chance at prize money in a year they didn't get to do any challengers or GP events?
Money matters. There you go. I'm not at all intrested in that event if it was some kind of super challenger that's a different story.

hanca

Values her privacy
Just a request, if people want to ignore it and clog up the thread with pages of posts of debate on the ******** that we have an especial forum for that is certainly their choice.
Your attempt to try to explain to other people what they should or should not be talking about in this thread is causing more thread drift than if you just let it go. But don’t let me keep you from your moderating efforts.

mjb52

Your attempt to try to explain to other people what they should or should not be talking about in this thread is causing more thread drift than if you just let it go. But don’t let me keep you from your moderating efforts.

hanca

Values her privacy
Out of curiosity, which bits exactly are painfully misinformed and which are incorrect? And maybe you should actually be using PM rather than responding on this thread, because now you are the one causing the thread drift!

Scott512

I am also not a fan of "Team Events", but it will be interesting to see the top skaters in terms of consistency and increase/decrease in difficulty of their programmes.
It probably will be interesting to see this event. But the only team event I ever want to say is between countries.

mjb52

Did they say when they will announce the pairs and dance teams for the team event? So far, they have only put out the ladies and men. I wonder if they are waiting to see who will be ready.

Ka3sha

Sinitsina/Katsalapov will not take part in the team competition, they haven't recovered from pneumonia yet

hanca

Values her privacy
Sinitsina/Katsalapov will not take part in the team competition, they haven't recovered from pneumonia yet
That’s quite while that they have been recovering. Is it because there is some long-term damage?

Bigbird

That’s quite while that they have been recovering. Is it because there is some long-term damage?
It is a commercial tournament right? It has no bearing on selection to the team. They have already earned enough through Navka's shows, so why would persons expect them at this full of fluff competition? Didn't Zhulin already say they wouldn't compete until month's end?

hanca

Values her privacy
It is a commercial tournament right? It has no bearing on selection to the team. They have already earned enough through Navka's shows, so why would persons expect them at this full of fluff competition? Didn't Zhulin already say they wouldn't compete until month's end?
I am not questioning why would anyone expect them compete at fluff competition. I am questioning why they are saying that they are still recovering. Are they saying it as an excuse because they want to avoid a competition that they don’t consider important, or are they saying it because their recovery has been already taking about two months? I would be worried if someone was recovering that long and still wasn’t able to get back to their competitive shape.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
If they had crud, I’m not surprised their recovery is taking so long. I’m just hoping they also use this time to rehab Vika’s knee. They are clear medal favorites. Without them, it’s likely Russia wouldn’t be on the dance podium, so hopefully the Fed isn’t pressuring them.

Ka3sha

Tarasova/Morozov, Boikova/Kozlovskii and Mishina/Gallymov are taking part in the team competition

Bigbird

If they had crud, I’m not surprised their recovery is taking so long. I’m just hoping they also use this time to rehab Vika’s knee. They are clear medal favorites. Without them, it’s likely Russia wouldn’t be on the dance podium, so hopefully the Fed isn’t pressuring them.
My problem with the announcements are the untruths coming from Zhulin, do you really believe him? At the beginning of their recovery they were able to do a string of shows and yet still they couldn't show up here? Also he claimed they did not have crud, then Katsalapov says yes they did have it. IMHO, it would have been better for all if Zhulin were quiet. And if Victoria was so delicate why do the Navka shows? Unless of course they've written of this season and are preparing for the next.

Tinami Amori

Did they say when they will announce the pairs and dance teams for the team event? So far, they have only put out the ladies and men. I wonder if they are waiting to see who will be ready.
Pairs info already posted. Dance teams will be Zagor/Gur (confirmed) and Step/Buk (confirmed).

Tinami Amori

Pavluchenko/Khodykin will also skate at the Team Event. So far 4 pairs confirmed. 2 for each Team.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Pairs info already posted. Dance teams will be Zagor/Gur (confirmed) .
[/URL]
Not yet confirmed for ZG, they have had no official confirmation that they are doing it.
They are planning on doing it, but won't know for sure that they are doing it until they see their names on the list.

(if you read that article, it only says Z/G are 'planning' on doing the team event, not that they definitely are doing it)

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Not yet confirmed for ZG, they have had no official confirmation that they are doing it.
They are planning on doing it, but won't know for sure that they are doing it until they see their names on the list.

(if you read that article, it only says Z/G are 'planning' on doing the team event, not that they definitely are doing it)
Thanks for clarification, yet few russian sports publications posted their names as participants and stating that Tiffany herself confirmed......

МОСКВА, 15 янв - РИА Новости, Анатолий Самохвалов. Серебряный призер декабрьского чемпионата России в танцах на льду Тиффани Загорски сообщила, что они с партнером Джонатаном Гурейро собираются выступить на командном турнире, который организует Федерация фигурного катания на коньках России (ФФККР).

MOSCOW, January 15 - RIA Novosti, Anatoly Samokhvalov. Silver medalist from the Russian Nationals in December, Tiffany Zagorski, announced that she and her partner Jonathan Guerreiro are going to perform at the team tournament, which is organized by the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR).

hanca

Values her privacy
Gossip from a Russian forum, Harley Windsor is currently in Russia, skating with Labazina. It was just one post from a poster who mentioned it, there is no any official confirmation that they paired up so maybe it is just a try out which may or may not work out. (Or maybe it is not even the truth.)

I wonder whether Russia would release Labazina to skate for Australia. They released Alexandrovskaya, and them didn’t release Akopova to skate for the same country...they also didn’t release Nika Osipova to skate for Czechia with Bidar but then released Liza Zhuk to skate with Bidar for Czechia... the release of Russian pair skaters seem to be so random!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information