How many skaters & coaches can you identify in this Japanese illustrator's Xmas card?

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
This needs to be a jigsaw puzzle.
I've made my own puzzles using wallpapers and photos I have online. Plus they have a variety of photos to choose from on the website including featured and daily puzzles. I like it because you can use any photos you wish. I've made jigsaw puzzles using pics I have of several of figure skaters, especially of the Kween! :lol:

Jigsaw Explorer - Online Jigsaw Puzzles

Tak

Top right hand corner is JPN Ladies Team A?: Yuna Shiraiwa, Mai Mihara, Satoko Miyahara (sitting), Wakaba Higuchi and Kaori Sakamoto. To their right is Shun Sato.
The Right Reindeer costumed one looks like Kazuki Tomono.
In front of Marin and Sara Honda is Rika Hongo. Rika Kihira is with Champery Team between Shoma and Shimada.

RoseRed

Top right hand corner is JPN Ladies Team A?: Yuna Shiraiwa, Mai Mihara, Satoko Miyahara (sitting), Wakaba Higuchi and Kaori Sakamoto. To their right is Shun Sato.
The Right Reindeer costumed one looks like Kazuki Tomono.
In front of Marin and Sara Honda is Rika Hongo. Rika Kihira is with Champery Team between Shoma and Shimada.
Isn't Shun on the reindeer with Yuma?

Tak

The one on the Panda was suggested to be Chinese Ice Dancers. However, it could be that the illustrator simply forgot and put two Shun Satos in. They both look a lot like him.
Edited to add: To the right of Nathan Chen is, considering the grouping, Vincent Zhou. To the right of Zhou is Yukari Nakano.

Last edited:

Tak

Right of Cappelini/ La Notte are two JPN ice dancers, Rikako Fukase/ Ei Chu Chou (Oliver) and to their right next to the tree Kiria Hirayama/ Ari Tateno.
Left bottom there is forlorn looking lady holding Panda doll. The expression is that of surprise, more than anything else. The only time I saw that kind of shocked look in figure skating is 2000 NHK Ladies. When the winner was announced as Irina Slutskaya, instead of focusing on the winner, NHK camera switched to the "favorite to win", Maria Butyrskaya. She had an expression of shocked disbelief tinged with sadness, exactly as illustrator depicts here. I have forgotten the competitive details, but Maria's expression still haunts me, perhaps the illustrator as well.
HELP WANTED: Left bottom, There is a group depicted on a sled. I think the only girl on the sled is Narumi Takahashi who skated pairs with Melvin? Tran. Is Tran pulling the sled? Do you recognize anyone on the sled? What does the sled group signify?

Cayuse

Right of Cappelini/ La Notte are two JPN ice dancers, Rikako Fukase/ Ei Chu Chou (Oliver) and to their right next to the tree Kiria Hirayama/ Ari Tateno.
Some of us think the couple next to the tree are Maia and Alex Shubutani.

Sylvia

TBD
Is it Midori Ito with the dog ?
Sure looks like Midori to me but I think that's supposed to be Alina Zagitova's Akita dog, Masaru (Alina is above Midori).

The illustrator's outline layers for her drawing :eek:: https://twitter.com/nigaoe877/status/1342111473200291840

ETA:
...and lower down on the left side is Johnny Weir with a mask in his hand and a white fluffy thing on his head.
Weir is holding a little panda (he often shares panda GIFs on his Twitter account), wearing a fur lined hood.

Is that Takahiko Kozuka (wearing brown) above Weir? (Next to Javier Fernandez in white.) Or:
Directly above Jason Brown is Takahito Kozuka.

Last edited:

Tak

I stand corrected on Shibutanis.
As for forlorn figure, left bottom, Johnny Weir or Maria Butyrskaya, I simply cannot discern.
Could you explain the shocked expression, if its Johnny. I cannot explain the panda doll if it is Maria.
I am also puzzled with Kostner grimace...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I stand corrected on Shibutanis.
As for forlorn figure, left bottom, Johnny Weir or Maria Butyrskaya, I simply cannot discern.
Could you explain the shocked expression, if its Johnny. I cannot explain the panda doll if it is Maria.
I am also puzzled with Kostner grimace...
How dare you suggest this 90 year old looking great grandmother is Butyrskaya!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information