From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Top Russian Scores this season for probable National qualifiers (RUS Cup and GP)

LADIES
Kamila Valieva 254
Alexandra Trusova 248
Anna Shcherbakova 246
Daria Usacheva 233
Alena Kostornaia 226
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 223
Maia Khromykh 212
Anna Frolova 206
Anastasia Gulyakova 199
Ksenia Tsibinova 198
Sofia Samodurova 197
Anastasia Tarakanova 195
Elizaveta Nugumanova 191
Valeria Shulskaya 189
Maria Talalaykina 180
Stanislava Molchanova 171
No Score: Medvedeva, Sinitsina
(Alt: Kostina 172, Konstantinova 196)

PAIRS
Mishina/Galliamov 233
Boikova/Kozlovski 232
Tarasova/Morozov 227
Panfilova/Rylov 210
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin 208
Kadyrova/Balchenko 205
Artemieva/Nazarychev 204
Akopova/Rakhmanin 196
Pepeleva/Pleshkov 194
Akhanteva/Kolesov 190
Balabanova/Sviatchenko 186
Mukhametzianova/Mironov 172

DANCE
Sinitsina/Katsalapov 217
Zagorski/Guerreiro 206
Skoptcova/Aleshin 204
Morozov/Bagin 198
Khudaberdieva/Bazin 197
Shevchenko/Eremenko 190
Lizunova/Vakhnov 165
Mironova/Ustenko 152
Tultseva/Belovodchenko 147
Pavlenina/Aleksanyan 145
Kartashova/Karpov 138
Kirillova/Chegodaev 128
Chasnikova/Cherezov 119
No Score:Stepanova/Bukin, Konkina/Drozd

MEN
Mikhail Kolyada 283
Andrei Mozalev 274
Peter Gumennik 268
Dmitri Aliev 265
Evgeny Semenenko 264
Makar Ignatov 260
Artem Kovalev 255
Alexander Samarin 253
Roman Savosin 250
Egor Rukhin 246
Ilia Yablokov 245
Alexei Erokhov 226
Artem Lezheev 225
Anton Shulepov 201
Maxim Varakin 182
Vladislav Katichev 181
No score: Artur Danielian, Daniil Samsonov
(alt: Artem Zotov 205, Mark Kondratyuk 219)

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Russian Cup: Final Ranking Senior Men (18 spots available)
As known, this year is more hypothetical than ever.
Green - Qualified ; Purple - Potential bye candidates; Grey - Next in line
Bildschirmfoto-2020-12-06-um-16-16-31.png

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
I wonder how an international panel would judge Valieva's inside edge landings on her 4toes. The Russian Cup judges are clearly ignoring them.

Valieva's growing into her Bolero program faster than I thought she would, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her coming into next season getting 9s in PCS right off the bat.

clairecloutier

Here is an interview with the Dutch judge and technical controller Jeroen Prins, who judges regularly at top ISU events.

This interview was done after Prins worked at Rostelecom Cup, and the questions are very Russian-focused, so I am posting it here (use Google Translate):

Meoima

Kamila's new Bolero costume is much better, thank goodness. Gonna edit my previous statement here because I went back and watched the slow-mo. Both quad toes were landed on inside edges because the axis was off, as it often is. I really hope she doesn't injure herself.
Funny how my general dislike for Eteri has been almost completely overshadowed by how much I cannot stand the sight of Daniil.
The 4T landings look scary.

Tinami Amori

Eteri Tutberidze and Team all came to this event to be awarded a "Badge of Honor for contribution to (advancement of) National Figure Skating"

Scott512

Well done to kamila today. But she want against and inferior field with no one could compete with her. Russian Nationals will be a different animal for this kid.

the question I have now is with so many of the Russian ladies and pair skaters ill with coronavirus pneumonia or whatever it is is it practical and safe for them to in just two weeks time fly to Siberia where it's 500 degrees below zero to compete at Nationals? would that be putting these athletes just coming off a major illness at risk with their health and is it worth it?

Tinami Amori

Interview with Tarakanova (russian, google translates ok). She said that she had to forced herself to loose 10 kg (22 lbs) this season while preparing to perform.

Japanfan

I am a full-functioning adult and I still sleep with stuffed animals. It didn't arrest my development.

I sleep with live animals. Nothing better than curling up under blankets next to a warm dog, with a cat on the side of the bed. Especially on a cold night.:p

My dog usually prefers the rug by the bed, but on cold nights, he will put up with my company longer.

Yes, there is a husband in the mix as well. Bandit likes to sleep between us, and we don't mind.

Bigbird

I sleep with live animals. Nothing better than curling up under blankets next to a warm dog, with a cat on the side of the bed. Especially on a cold night.:p

My dog usually prefers the rug by the bed, but on cold nights, he will put up with my company longer.

Yes, there is a husband in the mix as well. Bandit likes to sleep between us, and we don't mind.
Wow. It has come to this again.

Tinami Amori

Well done to kamila today. But she want against and inferior field with no one could compete with her. Russian Nationals will be a different animal for this kid.
Kamila did not just win a gold medal, she has the highest total score of 254+ of all ladies who skated in all 5 events, even Trusova, and Kamila is stronger than Kostornaya already. Not sure how she stacks up yet against Shcherbakova since she WD from the GP event, but i am sure they go against each other at the rink during practice and try to catch up with each other with quads and 3A's.

Last edited:

Bigbird

Kamila did not just win a gold medal, she has the highest total score of 256+ of all ladies who skated in all 5 events, even Trusova, and Kamila is stronger than Kostornaya already. Not sure how she stacks up yet against Shcherbakova since she WD from the event, but i am sure they go against each other at the rink during practice and try to catch up with each other with quads and 3A's.
This is her edge the constant competition.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Kamila did not just win a gold medal, she has the highest total score of 254+ of all ladies who skated in all 5 events, even Trusova, and Kamila is stronger than Kostornaya already. Not sure how she stacks up yet against Shcherbakova since she WD from the event, but i am sure they go against each other at the rink during practice and try to catch up with each other with quads and 3A's.
Exactly. She wasn't competing against the rest of the field here, but against scores. Moreover, this was a perfect venue to try the 3A. There has been a lot of improvement in her Bolero program. I think it would be an excellent program for the Olympic year.

Scott512

Kamila did not just win a gold medal, she has the highest total score of 254+ of all ladies who skated in all 5 events, even Trusova, and Kamila is stronger than Kostornaya already. Not sure how she stacks up yet against Shcherbakova since she WD from the event, but i am sure they go against each other at the rink during practice and try to catch up with each other with quads and 3A's.
Agreed.

We may see kamila against Anna and Sasha and aliona at Nationals. But the health of two of those girls is in question.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

Absolutely. Valieva delivered two gorgeous skates. Look at that score, even with one fall...imagine if she’d landed all jumps!

Even before last season, I had her pegged as the 2022 Olympic champ...she was blessed with the correct birth year & date, beside the right physique, talent & support system. The stars align for Kamila Valieva, no doubt.

DobrinFan

Alexander Lakernik: "Tuktamysheva was infected not in Moscow, but in St. Petersburg"​

Vice-President of the International Skating Union (ISU) Alexander Lakernik said that Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Dmitry Aliev could not get infected at the Russian stage of the Grand Prix series in Moscow, victorious for Liza.

“I myself went to watch the Rostelecom Cup, but I did not feel any danger for the audience. The seats at the Megasport arena stadium are located far from the skaters. By the way, figure skaters and spectators are at different heights and do not contact each other in any way. Therefore, both the athletes and the public were completely safe.

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva and Dmitry Aliev train in St. Petersburg, where the situation with coronavirus is worse than in Moscow. And they could not get infected at the Moscow stage of the Grand Prix series, where all safety measures were applied, such as examining athletes and coaches and keeping the distance between spectators, ”the Japanese version of Sputnik quotes Lakernik as saying.

The FFKKR does not comment on the composition of the participants in the Russian championship​

The composition of the participants in the Russian championship in Chelyabinsk will become known after its formation, Director General of the Russian Figure Skating Federation (FFKKR) Alexander Kogan told RIA Novosti.

Initially, the stages of the Russian Cup were considered by the FFKKR as mandatory qualifying tournaments for the Russian Championship, which will be held on December 24-27 in Chelyabinsk, however, after a series of injuries and coronavirus infections, President of the Federation Alexander Gorshkov announced in mid-November that a decision on the selection criteria would be made later.

"When we form, then you will find out. So far, there are no more comments,"
Kogan told RIA Novosti by phone, speaking about the composition and selection criteria.

Last edited:

kalle

Kamila is such a beautiful girl but that horrible LP dress 🥴
I see no improvement whatsoever from the last one.
The program starts to look better but today I got some real Zagitova vibes when Kamila was skating 😳
From Eteri's current skaters, I still prefer Scherbakova. I hope Anna can keep her jumps heading into the Olympic season as for me, she has the most artistic potential. Anyway, hats off to Eteris team and Kamila as I am not sure if she has already landed two 4T's in the same program before? With the 3A coming along nicely, it seems as she will be a tough task for the other girls to beat her at Nationals.

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
“I myself went to watch the Rostelecom Cup, but I did not feel any danger for the audience. The seats at the Megasport arena stadium are located far from the skaters. By the way, figure skaters and spectators are at different heights and do not contact each other in any way. Therefore, both the athletes and the public were completely safe."

Spoken like a candidate for governor or health czar in Wyoming or the Dakotas!

Tinami Amori

Alexander Lakernik: "Tuktamysheva was infected not in Moscow, but in St. Petersburg"

He probably thinks she got infected at a big Aleona Leonova's birthday party on Nov. 28th, Aliev was there too, and if i am correct, Gulyakova and Kolyada also... Aleona herself was wondering if that's what happened and posted "I was in close contact with Aliev but i am not sick". But, sources say Aliev has pneumonia not XYZ.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
He probably thinks she got infected at a big Aleona Leonova's birthday party on Nov. 28th, Aliev was there too, and if i am correct, Gulyakova also... Aleona herself was wondering if that's what happened and posted "I was in close contact with Aliev but i am not sick". But, sources say Aliev has pneumonia not XYZ.
Aliev has pneumonia, Scherbakova had pneumonia, is that a new way how Russia keeps their statistics of C0vid cases down? Crafty!

Tinami Amori

Aliev has pneumonia, Scherbakova had pneumonia, is that a new way how Russia keeps their statistics of C0vid cases down? Crafty!
Shcherbakova is back up and practicing. She could not have had pneumonia or XYZ, given the time span from getting sick to recovering. Various sources posted her diagnosis but those were assumptions. The correct one was "cold-like symptoms", you can get over a cold quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information