Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

Sylvia

TBD
My first dance for @DancingABC will be a Cha Cha performed to the ever titillating “Buttons” by
@pussycatdolls

Deadline.com article:

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
"ABC has unveiled all 15 routines and songs for Monday’s season premiere. Still TBA: the celebrities’ pro partners, which will be unveiled live on the show."
But the biggest news about Monday’s premiere is that there will not be a fan vote or an elimination. Week 1 dances will only be scored by the judges, and those scores will be combined with Week 2 scores and audience votes to determine the first elimination of the season. When voting starts Week 2, it will still work the same way for the rest of the season: Fans can only vote during the live broadcast in the Eastern and Central time zones, but fans in all time zones can vote during that window, and the combined total will be revealed during the broadcasts.

Sylvia

TBD
The first 2 pairings are:

AJ McLean & Cheryl Burke 6 6 6 = 18

Chrishell Stause & Gleb Savchenko 4 5 4 = 13

ETA:

Vernon Davis & Peta Murgatroyd 5 6 6 = 17

Anne Heche & Keo Motsepe 6 6 6 = 18

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
I do not know who these celebrities are at all. Altho Anne H rings a bell for some reason.

Sylvia

TBD
Skai Jackson (youngest one in the field at 18) & Alan Bersten 7 7 7 = 21

Kaitlyn Bristowe & Artem Chigvintsev 6 7 7 = 20

Nev Schulman & Jenna Johnson 7 7 6 = 20

Last edited:

quartz

scratching at the light
I like the young girl, Skai, and her outfit best so far. Johnny was good, not great, if he could not purse his lips like he was sucking on a lemon all the time that would be nice. I’d like to see his hair free flowing and ungreased as a change too.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
It feels quite a bit different than the usual a bit empty but I’ll hang in for a few weeks see if it gets interesting .

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Everyone has been fairly good or entertaining so far. I kind of don’t want anyone to go.

screech

Not sure if it bodes well for Johnny that he has a new pro?
Last year Kate Flannery did well with new pro Pasha. I thought Johnny was a bit underscored. He was definitely better than some of the others who got 6s. And of course he would wear see-through pants.

Loved Anne Heche. She was better than I expected, and having a blast. And Justina was great too. Skai was fantastic.

Loving that the judges are giving everyone constructive criticism for a change. And I'm liking Derek as a judge. Also liking both Carrie Ann and Bruno's hair. Is this the most subdued we've ever seen Bruno dressed? Never thought we'd see Derek sparklier than Bruno.

I'm reserving judgement on Tyra. She's definitely no Tom or Erin, but she's not terrible. I'm worried it'll veer into becoming the Tyra show a bit.

Sylvia

TBD
Charles Oakley & Emma Slater 4 4 4 = 12

Monica Aldama & Val Chmerkovskiy (eta) 6 7 6 = 19

Sylvia

TBD
The final 2 couples of the night:

Nelly & Daniella Karagach 5 5 6 = 16

Carole Baskin & Pasha Pashkov

screech

Nelly hasn't aged in 20 years. And that backflip was so light! And high!
Poor Pasha.

Though Carol may surprise me, based on tonight I think I'm most looking forward to Anne, Skai, Justina, Johnny, and Nev.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I do not know who these celebrities are at all. Altho Anne H rings a bell for some reason.
She is an actress who was in the news a lot for crazy behavior. She used to date Ellen DeGeneres and they had a very public relationship and breakup and later she had a very public breakdown.

Lacey

Johnny definitely was lowballed, that was some good dancing, I would have given them 7s at least. His hair is a distraction.

Tyra is tripping over her own words, a horrible choice.

Carol Baskin was pathetically horrible, and she has aged wrinkly, I would have given that 4s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information