Dancing with the Stars, Season 29

Sylvia

TBD
Starting a new season thread since the celebrity cast was announced earlier today:

Celebrities:
  • Head coach Monica Aldama ("CHEER")
  • Animal activist Carole Baskin ("Tiger King")
  • Kaitlyn Bristowe ("The Bachelor," "The Bachelorette")
  • Super Bowl Champion Vernon Davis
  • TV and film actress Anne Heche
  • Disney Channel actress Skai Jackson
  • Actress Justina Machado ("One Day at a Time")
  • Backstreet Boys singer AJ McLean
  • Emmy® Award-winning host of "The Real" and sideline correspondent on "Holey Moley," Jeannie Mai
  • TV and film actor Jesse Metcalfe
  • GRAMMY®-winning rapper Nelly
  • TV host Nev Schulman ("Catfish")
  • NBA superstar Charles Oakley ("The Last Dance")
  • Actress Chrishell Stause ("Selling Sunset")
  • Olympic figure skater and on-air commentator Johnny Weir

Professional dancers:
  • Brandon Armstrong
  • Alan Bersten
  • Sharna Burgess
  • Cheryl Burke
  • Artem Chigvintsev
  • Val Chmerkovskiy
  • Sasha Farber
  • Jenna Johnson
  • Daniella Karagach
  • Keo Motsepe
  • Peta Murgatroyd
  • Pasha Pashkov
  • Gleb Savchenko
  • Emma Slater
  • Britt Stewart

"Viewers will have to tune in to the season premiere to find out with whom their favorite professional dancers are paired."

Tyra Banks is the new host. Premiere will be on Monday, September 14 from 8:00-10:00 p.m. Eastern time, on ABC.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
There are some real “personalities” in this group, should be entertaining. I’m relieved there are no politicians/those that worked for politicians. I want voting to be based on dancing not tribal politics (although I realize there are some shows that have a fan base that vote poor dancers through).

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Actress Chrishell Stause ("Selling Sunset")

I thought she was a Realtor on a reality show. I didn't know until I looked at Wikipedia that she had an acting career.

canbelto

I wish they wouldn't get another NBA star. The professional dancers tend to be quite short and mismatched with the giant basketball stars. The basketball stars' long legs, long arms, huge hands and huge feet are at a disadvantage when learning the ballroom dances. The judges say something meh about the NBA star, the NBA star cringes, and then he's sent home.

BaileyCatts

Interesting. It seems Derek Hough is going to be involved in the show in some way. He is going to be on GMA on Tuesday with a 'special announcement' about DWTS. 4th Judge maybe? I don't know what else he would be doing. Unless there is some 'surprise big star' we don't know about yet?

vgerdes

Interesting. It seems Derek Hough is going to be involved in the show in some way. He is going to be on GMA on Tuesday with a 'special announcement' about DWTS. 4th Judge maybe? I don't know what else he would be doing. Unless there is some 'surprise big star' we don't know about yet?

I think he'll either be a judge or a mentor of some kind. Obviously he won't be competing, so that kind of limits the choices.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Maybe he'll do backstage interviews and things like that to supplement Ms. Banks.

Firedancer

I think he will be a judge bc Len is having trouble with COVID travel restrictions.

https://tinyurl.com/yyqgtoe2

screech

I've actually heard of more than half the 'stars' this year!

My imaginary money is currently on AJ. I'm predicting his BSB song will be "I Want It That Way'. IIRC Nick did 'Larger Than Life' and 'Everybody', so 'I Want It That Way' would probably be their biggest hit that hasn't been done.

I also guarantee that Johnny will do at least one Gaga song. Probably in crazy heels.

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
Whilst I normally do not partake in trash television,I very much look forward to Mr. Weir finally getting his comeuppance for his flamboyant degradation of our sport. Tara's not going to be able to protect you any more,dear.

My loyalties lie with Mr. Metcalf and Ms. Baskin.

-BB

Sylvia

TBD
Johnny's quote:
"In my opinion, I'm one of the most humble people when it comes to anything outside of figure skating," he said. "I realize that this is not my profession; this is a sport and a technique that I've never studied or learned in my life. So I don't have big goals of grandeur for myself. I want to do a good job. I hope by the end of this I'm a good enough dancer to be considered a dancer. Definitely there are people that think that I have an advantage because I'm a figure skater, but this is like anything else. Like being a surgeon or an ear, nose, and throat doctor and then all of a sudden switching to being a dentist. It's a very different skill that I'm trying to learn and despite my predisposition for musicality and performance ability and being strong and elegant at the same time. I think that to judge me, before I even dance, as a favorite is a bit of a reach. I can't wait to see the other celebrities perform, I can't wait to see what I'm up against should I continue on in the competition for more than a week."

BaileyCatts

So I'm thinkin' maybe I should go like watch this Tiger King thing before DWTS starts? I really have no clue about her other than what I've read and she like runs a refuge for big cats? I've seen people make a lot of jokes about her on Facebook but I think I'm missing something here. :shuffle:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There's a thread here and it has links to a podcast about the situation too. Plus some other links. The Netflix documentary was hella fun but not necessarily very accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information