The 2020 Athletics Thread

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I read it as he'd said he'd be home all day but popped out to do shopping without updating the app.

ilovepaydays

He chose to go shopping during the one hour he had designated that he would be at home. Guilty. Case closed.

Rumor is (and it’s probably true) that Coleman has a seven-figure deal with Nike - before bonuses. Which is A LOT compared to most Olympic level athletes in the U.S. and for track & field. The least you should be able to do is show up for your drug tests.

Didn’t Coleman also run into these problems last summer and they were resolved just before 2019 Worlds?

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I read it as he'd said he'd be home all day but popped out to do shopping without updating the app.

You provide an hour each day that you will be available for testing. His responsibility to be there for that hour. Particularly bad considering he got out of a ban for three missed tests previously on a technicality.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
You provide an hour each day that you will be available for testing. His responsibility to be there for that hour. Particularly bad considering he got out of a ban for three missed tests previously on a technicality.
Yeah, that makes it more suspicious.

ilovepaydays

Well, if the two year suspension holds, this just makes Noah Lyles winning both the 100m & 200m in Tokyo that much easier, and the U.S. men are probably favored to win the 4x100m.......

floskate

Vacant
Watching Monaco Diamond League and the stream quality is absolutely appalling. Think 2000 levels. Makes you appreciate the ISU streams so much!

Not quite as bad here but isn't it nice to watch sport with an audience? Great 1500 from Jake Wightman!

Lorac

I know it's not a world record as there is no distinction between indoor and outdoor records in the pole vault but Armand Duplantis jumped the highest outdoor height ever yesterday at the Diamond League meet in Rome at 6.15M and he did it with room to spare - he'll be breaking 6.2 and more soon - probably next year now :cheer2:

Armand Duplantis sets new outdoor pole vault mark

ilovepaydays

Oops - I misspelled!

I wonder if she’s going to lose her world title, being that two of the failures were in 2019.

UPDATE: Salwa Eid Naser has been cleared today due to a “technicality”.

I still don’t get it - aren’t you supposed to give WADA a one hour window everyday you are guaranteed to be home? And the tester has your phone number to call, right?

liv

Coleman in trouble again:

Unbelievable. It's amazing to me how many athletes somehow miss their drug tests, by mistake... when I have an important appointment I"m at that meeting spot, early, especially if I've somehow missed earlier appointments... and with the athletes the testers are coming to them!! It should be the easiest test in the world, yet somehow these problems happen to world class athletes. It seems they can somehow manage their busy schedules in every other area but drug testing appointments.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Unbelievable. It's amazing to me how many athletes somehow miss their drug tests, by mistake... when I have an important appointment I"m at that meeting spot, early, especially if I've somehow missed earlier appointments... and with the athletes the testers are coming to them!! It should be the easiest test in the world, yet somehow these problems happen to world class athletes. It seems they can somehow manage their busy schedules in every other area but drug testing appointments.

The way the doping system is set up it is easier to miss an appointment than you would imagine.

In the doping application, ADAMS, you have to submit a 1 hour time slot where you will be available for doping testing for 3 months in advance and the location where they can find you.

If your plans change, you have until 5pm the day before to change the time and location.
That seems fair enough, except young people's plans change all the time and they can simply forget to change the entry in ADAMS.

For example, they may be at a party and end up staying over forgetting all about the doping slot the next day.
They might get spontaneously invited somewhere and not realise that they won't be back in time for their slot.

They can also find themselves in situations where change is enforced on them such as their flight being delayed and it is then too late to change the slot for the next day.

Also when the 3 months are submitted in advance, the athletes do not know which competitions they will be doing at that time.
So those details have to often be updated last minute, and I know from experience that when an athlete has so many other things to prepare for a competition, they sometimes only remember about updating ADAMS when they are on their way to the comp and it is too late.

It is a big responsibility for young athletes and even older athletes can make mistakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information