From Russia With Love (#36) Spring into Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Here’s a new interview with Svinin/Zhuk (they discuss current situation, their teams, Stepanova/Bukin’s progress and programs, Papadakis/Cizeron)

Also, an interview with Aleksandr Ozerov, team Russia head doctor, who had been working in one of Moscow hospitals

lala

I followed Plushenko’s wife on Instagram. She seems to be big into flower arranging.

:lol:
I hardly believe it. She has housekeeper who is preparing her beautiful breakfasts and probably arranging the flowers every day the dinner set is in harmony with colours of flowers.. On her IG Yana advertising this company @lidseventhouse thus she receives those flowers for free every morning .. This company used to make the beautiful christmas and easter decorations for them every year.

Last edited:

starrynight

:lol:
I hardly believe it. She has housekeeper who is preparing her beautiful breakfasts and probably arranging the flowers every day the dinner set in harmony with colours of flowers.. On her IG Yana advertising this company @lidseventhouse thus she receives those flowers for free every morning .. This company used to make the beautiful christmas and easter decorations for them every year.

lol how naive of me!

They seem to have lots of money!?

Tinami Amori

Tatiana Navka - got over xxxxx xxxxxx. Released from Hospital.

«Все хорошо, выписалась, все нормально – отрицательный тест. Так что все в порядке. Муж идет на поправку, но все еще в больнице», – цитирует Навку телеграм-канал Life Shot.

"All is well, released, all is normal - tested negative. There fore all is in order. My husband is on his way to recovery, but remains in hospital".

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Alyona Kostronaya and Ann Shcherbakova, invite those who are interested, to join them (virtual class on IG)
On line/living-room size training - Friday May 22, 13:00 Moscow time.

Anna Pogorilaya - on-line interview (Q&As) LIVE (in russian).
The show lists many interesting subjects it plans to address, in Anya's life and in skating in general.
Friday May 22, 18:00 Moscow time.

Last edited:

lala

Speaking of Plushenko, I just stumbled across this video on a YouTube marathon.

WOW.

Yes. Very WOW! :lol: This program was the inspiration of Yuzuru's Origin program same music..

rfisher

Let the skating begin

WOW.

When Plushenko was on, he owned the ice. There's a reason he has all those medals and titles.

Ka3sha

Shpilevaya/Smirnov left Svinin/Zhuk

UPD: Grigory confirmed that they switched to Denis Samokhin

Last edited:

lala

Plushenko holds some incredibly expressive positions in that program. Takes the time to finish his movements. Brilliant.

Those were Nijinsky's original moves in his Afternoon of a faun ballet . Yuri Smekalov , principal dancer and choreographer at Mariinsky Theater choreographed the program. Plushenko read the book about Nijinsky's life when they started the work on this program. Masterpiece.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist

WOW.

This is one of the few Plushenko programs that I like, and that performance was stellar.

Was it a Russian nationals performance?

aliona22

Bellanca

When Plushenko was on, he owned the ice. There's a reason he has all those medals and titles.
Amen. 🙏 At times, I think his larger-than-life personality has overshadowed his larger-than-life skating especially for fans who were too young to really remember how dominate he could be back in his day. I've always enjoyed Plushy. Plus, he makes me laugh — so there you go. 👍 🙂

On her IG Yana advertising this company @lidseventhouse thus she receives those flowers for free every morning ..
Nice! Who wouldn't love that?! It gets Evgeni off the hook, too! 😉

Eta: their lockdown antics have been epic and yes, memorable. 😆

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
so what's new in Russian skating?
I can’t find anywhere the composition of Russian junior team. :( They published only their senior and senior reserve teams, but not junior and junior reserve team. Considering that test skates are usually in August and therefore it is unlikely that it will happen this year, knowing who got into junior team would tell us who will get junior competitions (when they are finally going to take place).

hanca

Values her privacy
Interesting interview of Russian junior pair Mukhortova/Evgeniev (but it is in Russian)

starrynight

Amen. 🙏 At times, I think his larger-than-life personality has overshadowed his larger-than-life skating especially for fans who were too young to really remember how dominate he could be back in his day. I've always enjoyed Plushy. Plus, he makes me laugh — so there you go. 👍 🙂

I’ve been completely converted by that skate. I had heard people say that Plushenko is/was electric to see live.

It’s always just so exciting to find an old skating video that literally jumps out and basically punches you in the face with its awesomeness.

Last edited:

greenapple

I can’t find anywhere the composition of Russian junior team. :( They published only their senior and senior reserve teams, but not junior and junior reserve team.

I wondered about that as well, but then discovered that last year they published the team members list in mid-June. So maybe that will be the same time frame this year.

Tinami Amori

Natalia Zabiako made a decision to not pursue skating with another partner, and to fully devote herself "to cinema" and related creativity.

A film is in works by Natalia's fiance, a film director Danil Grin'kin, staring Zabiako and Enbert. "The unbroken" will air in September 2020.

Due to "circumstances" Natalia's and Danil's wedding had to be postponed.

barbk

WOW.

I totally enjoyed that and I don't think I have ever seen that particular performance before. Probably the best skating I've ever seen of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information