Canadian Ice Dance 2019/2020 season: News and Updates

Colonel Green

Unfortunate for Nadiia & Peter; he stumbled during the step sequence and almost bumped into her. Obviously Miku & Tyler could also have an error in the free, but otherwise that's going to be very hard to make up.

EDIT: I've been watching the NBCSN replays of the 4CC dance event. The commentators were super-enthusiastic about Marjorie & Zach.

Last edited:

barbarafan

Bavarian Open- Junior Free Dance-Final
results
RE: Nadia and Peter (they dropped in FD from their position after RD)
My son appeared looking for sunnyside up eggs (5 of them)plus multiple toasts to match during team before them & returned during Miku and Tyler. I am going to try now to see if I can do some sort of replay of look for a vid of them.

Colonel Green

RE: Nadia and Peter (they dropped in FD from their position after RD)
My son appeared looking for sunnyside up eggs (5 of them)plus multiple toasts to match during team before them & returned during Miku and Tyler. I am going to try now to see if I can do some sort of replay of look for a vid of them.
Nadiia unfortunately had a full Donohue-at-2017-Worlds moment in her first twizzle set.

I'm in the process of uploading the top seven teams' videos.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
EDIT: I've been watching the NBCSN replays of the 4CC dance event. The commentators were super-enthusiastic about Marjorie & Zach.

I'll have to watch it, because I still haven't figured out the appeal. (That's not just me being biased, honest. I genuinely just can't figure it out.) Maybe they can clue me in.

Colonel Green

Bronsard/Bouaraguia

D'Alessandro/Waddell

Makita/Gunara

Bashynska/Beaumont

Skate Talker

I'll have to watch it, because I still haven't figured out the appeal. (That's not just me being biased, honest. I genuinely just can't figure it out.) Maybe they can clue me in.
I quite like them but have never gotten the appeal of Hawayak & Baker. I also don't get Sinitsina & Katsalopov. Both those teams seem to have a heck of a lot of hammy over-acting to me, particularly Nikita, but as they say, to each their own.

barbarafan

Nadiia unfortunately had a full Donohue-at-2017-Worlds moment in her first twizzle set.

I'm in the process of uploading the top seven teams' videos.
Thank-you so much. I truly appreciate your uploads.
Are you doing any of the seniors? Yes I am being greedy.

barbarafan

No, I wasn't planning to; I felt like I should probably go outside at some point this weekend.:lol:
I did 6 stores on Thursday afternoon and swore I would not surface until Monday. If it is not enough then they will starve with my blessings. ON Friday I went out and shoveled between 4 and 7:30pm ..helped get 4 stuck cars out of the back lane. Started late as the snow was supposed to stop at 1:pm but it did not stop til end of evening and the plows all had the same plans.So much for weather reports....they have no clue...(thank-you climate change)Mtl is so much fun in the winter.

googooeyes

Did the novice champions Sandrine Gauthier and Quentin Thierin get an assignment? The other top novice teams went to Bavaria. Forgive me if I missed something.

Colonel Green

Did the novice champions Sandrine Gauthier and Quentin Thierin get an assignment? The other top novice teams went to Bavaria. Forgive me if I missed something.
No, they didn't. I imagine there was some behind-the-scenes reason why they couldn't or didn't want to go.

Dobre

Well, tomorrow the battle for Junior Worlds commences at the Bavarian Open. The start order for the RD is up, and hoo boy did Miku & Tyler get screwed.

Made it anyway:). And what do you know? Top three Canadian junior teams finished back to back in the FD. I really think this was the way to do it. The fight for the three berths was the real deal with all of the players and all the same panel. Along with the battle for team berths, it gave Bronsard & Bouaraguia a crack at D'A&W here also. I mean you just can't underestimate the value of a head-to-head competition when everything is on the line. Usually Junior Nationals fits the need. This was just an odd year. Watched all the RDs but for some reason it doesn't look like the FD competition video was posted so I finally had to just look up the results. I will appreciate the individual FD videos if you have them. Am really happy this wasn't the last time I will get to see the Hairspray program. :cheer2: At least I hope not. I'm assuming the remaining spots on the Canadian teams haven't been announced officially yet? (I've not been able to keep up with the skating from the weekend, much less the threads).

Colonel Green

Watched all the RDs but for some reason it doesn't look like the FD competition video was posted so I finally had to just look up the results. I will appreciate the individual FD videos if you have them.
I linked them in post #278.

Japanfan

The red is better on him, though I wish his shirt and pant colours either matched more or were more different.

Those two shades of red sure do clash. Seems to me like involved in the costume design made a mistake.

nimi

I don't think this has been posted anywhere on the board yet: Bev Smith has an interview with F-B/S that goes into much more depth about his condition and the surgery. With regards to Worlds, they're just taking things a day at a time and seeing how he does before trying to make a decision.

Nik is back on the ice!

Colonel Green

Nik is back on the ice!
I was just coming in to post that.:lynch:

Hopefully things go okay over the next few weeks. Since Soucisse/Firus unfortunately can’t seem to get through an event without falling these days, there’s no reason Skate Canada wouldn’t send F-B/S even if they weren’t at 100%.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
That's obvious; S/F said they were aware of it going into nationals. Everything will depend on the continuing progress of Nik's recovery.

Dobre

there’s no reason Skate Canada wouldn’t send F-B/S even if they weren’t at 100%.

No, of course not. Though I believe it was already stated somewhere that they want to be at least as strong as they were before the injury prior to returning to competition. (I didn't read the original source on that. Just a post citing it).

Anyway, it is great news that he is back on the ice.

Dobre

Amelia Boone is on IPS. (Boone & Kowan finished 7th at Junior Nationals).

I wasn't sure where to post this as the current post-Nationals splits thread is just titled as being for pairs.

Tee

Amelia Boone is on IPS. (Boone & Kowan finished 7th at Junior Nationals).

I wasn't sure where to post this as the current post-Nationals splits thread is just titled as being for pairs.
Jacob Portz also on IPS - who with partner was 3rd at Junior Nationals :/

Dobre

Yes, McQuilkin & Portz were third in novices last year and did win a berth at a JGP this season.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
No, of course not. Though I believe it was already stated somewhere that they want to be at least as strong as they were before the injury prior to returning to competition. (I didn't read the original source on that. Just a post citing it).

Anyway, it is great news that he is back on the ice.

I also keep in mind their decent showing on the GP considering he was then injured. I don't think they or SC are expecting 100%, to your point.

It's relieving to see Nik back on the ice, and also to know there's a good team like C&F that can go to worlds if F-B&S run into a snag in training.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information