German Skating News 2019/2020

J

Jeschke

Updates from Zagreb:
Fentz with 194pts in total. That he landed the quad in the SP keeps me hopeful. That his 3event overall scores tops Schott only by 40pts leaves me :rolleyes: though.
Dimitrescu 177pts. Well, the guy has the potential, but it just does not seem to add up. Who is he coached by now?
Stoll WD.

J

Jeschke

So Hocke/Kunkel finish as expected.
SB of 159,22pts though!
Well done folks. Step by step 💪

Pavlova/Blommaert 151pts in Zagreb with senior program.
God knows, how german fed wants to compare or what the criteria is here now (with late Pavlova release and H/K at JGPF).

J

Jeschke

Well, seems like the dance race is down to 2.

SB (official ISU SB list) for both, Urban/Steffan (171,87pts) and Müller/Dieck (169,59pts).
The battle is on. Nationals at 'home' in Oberstdorf for U/S might be an advantage. We will see!

Koch/Nüchtern obviously had a bad draw with #1 for PCS but well, 156,26pts was no real campaign tbh.

Not sure what is says about the german head coach, when the #1 team of last season, coached by him alone this season, drops to #3 and is standing no chance making the euros/worlds team :shuffle:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

🇩🇪 #EurosRace Standing heading into Nationals
(3 events counting; Challenger and Nationals)

Men (1 spot)
574,40 Paul Fentz (GP CAN 202,24; CS CRO 194,48; CS POL 177,86)
507,35 Jonathan Hess (CS FIN 183,49; CS POL 167,27; CS GER 156,59) *W
487,79 Catalin Dimitrescu (CS CRO 177,51; CS POL 168,59; CS FIN 141,69) *FS W
172,64 Thomas Stoll (CS GER 172,64) * FS W

Ladies (1 spot)
532,65, Nicole Schott (CS CR 182,71; CS GER 177,76; GP RUS 172,08)
385,68 Kristina Isaev (CS CRO 138,14; CS POL 135,23; CS FIN 112,30) *W
241,55 Lutricia Bock (CS BLR 121,54; CS GER 120,01) *E FS
140,79 Ann-Christin Marold (CS GER 140,79) *W

Pairs (2 spots)
554,55 Minerva Fabienne Hase / Nolan Seegert (GP RUS 186,16; CS CRO 185,09; CS GER 182,30)
307,05 Elena Pavlova / Ruben Blommaert (CS POL 155,97; CS CRO 151,08)
153,47 Annika Hocke / Robert Kunkel (CS POL 153,47)

Ice Dance (1 spot)
501,66 Jennifer Urban / Benjamin Steffan (CS CRO 171,87; CS GER 165,61; CS HKG 164,18)
498,24 Katharina Müller / Tim Dieck (CS CRO 169,59; CS BLR 169,45; CS SVK 159,20)
477,84 Shari Koch / Christian Nüchtern (CS GER 162,31; CS HKG 159,27; CS CRO 156,26)
122,45 Amanda Peterson / Maximilian Pfisterer (CS GER 122,45) *FD

---

Men and ladies team is decided for euros and worlds.
No clue what happens in pairs. I am still in for euros for P/B (if eligible), JW for H/K and a skateoff for worlds.

Scenario for dance:
Müller/Dieck will go to Euros if...
  • ...they will win nationals with a score of 162,63pts at least.
  • ...U/S will fail to keep a distance of 1,57pts at least to M/D at nationals.

Urban/Steffan will go to Euros if...
  • ...M/D will not score 162,63pts at least at nationals.
  • ...they will keep a distance of 1,57 pts at least to M/D.

As I do not expect any dance teams finish Top12, I guess we will have a skateoff for worlds later in spring.

Last edited by a moderator:

cs.berlin

(despite all the bad news today in the worldwide figure skating scene a short look back to the GP Junior Final)

According to Rico Rex instagram page Hocke/ Kunkel are invited to the gala today!

Annika the gentle one ... but!
Hey, I'm not a little good girl anymore and what TukTuk can do, I can too!

Enchanting ... The ISU committee might also have liked it - the next honour was a picture of Annika & Robert among a dozen of "The best pictures of the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final".

I find it quite remarkable, rather deserved, how much international attention the 'newlywed' couple receives in terms of attention ... ... 🤞

Last edited:

cs.berlin

Blog/short quote Alexander König: "Annika & Robert will duel with Lena & Ruben at the DM. It will be about the 2nd place at the EM and WM."

I think that is a logical and self-evident decision: the de facto best of the ("dueling") couples may win; accordingly highly motivated in terms of high performance. Irrespective of which pair belongs to the future because of missing or existing Olympic eligibility.

Personally I would already know which couples I could imagine for Olympia ...

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Blog / short quote Alexander König: "Annika & Robert will duel with Lena & Ruben at the DM. It will be about the 2nd place at the EM and WM."
You have a link?

I am curious, as mentioned before, sticking to the criteria H/B are out if both teams are skating. So has the fed come ul with something new?

sandra_persch

Results Page for Junior and Novice Nationals is up too.

Lets see how the Hatakawa - Suleymanova head to head turns out this weekend.
Marold unfortunately is no longer listed.

Direct comparison of Gurdhzi and Starostin in Junior men.

Anyone want to predict the Junior Podiums?

Pairs and Dance will be held at Senior Nationals in January.

cs.berlin

What is this actually for a special situation with (junior ladies nominated) Alexa Nazarko?

In women's figure skating she makes an (imo) extraordinary, very nice and untypical strong figure, especially optically; in Germany she has fans who would like to see her run again.

She calls herself (IG) a "National/International Figure Skater, 3 time National US Games Champion, [member of the] German Ice Skating Union"; in Germany her successes are rather (still) modest, but she is doing a lot of work, in which she is constantly jetting back and forth between the USA and Germany ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information