Australian skating news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Kerry/Dodds just got their Worlds RD TES minimums with 35.77 at Open d'Andorra. No such luck for Friend/Badaoui with 29.26.

Bittersweet news. But still a massive ten point improvement for Kerry/Dodds over their RD last week at the Warsaw Cup. I think it is the first time an Australian team has broken the 60 point barrier at the international competitive level, too.

Orm Irian

New, if unofficial, free dance PB for Friend/Badaoui in Andorra: 49.57/36.10 -2.00 = 83.67, total score 136.47.

Ross/Meyer scored 31.82/21.40 -1.00 = 52.22, total score 88.17. I believe this is their first international competition? Not a bad start if so. :)

Foolhardy Ham Lint

No, as I posted above; they would've been hoping to get it here after being only a couple of points off at the Asian Open, but no such luck.

According the the ISA International Assignments Calendar (which I take with a grain of salt because there are a lot of gaps and a few errors), Friend and Badaoui have one more shot at the Mentor Torun Cup in January to make that TES minimum.

Last edited:

Dobre

According the the ISA International Assignments Calendar (which I take with a grain of salt because there are a lot of gaps and a few errors), Friend and Badaoui have one more shot at the Mentor Torun Cup in January to make that TES minimum.

Or 4CCs.

barbarafan

Sylvia

TBD
I've posted the same links (& more info) in the Australian nationals comp. thread in Kiss & Cry section:

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Holly Harris and Jason Chan win the Rhythm Dance at the National Championships in Melbourne with a very convincing skate.

Friend / Badaoui and Kerry / Dodds both felt the pressure today and made some major mistakes.

Orm Irian

Damn, look at Tilly & Bill getting a Level 2 on their pattern, though! Shame about the fall. :(

I'm reserving judgement on Harris/Chan for at least a year, for now. They're a very young, very new team, and it shows. There's no there there yet. But they have time to grow some, and I hope they do.

insideedgeua

Holly Harris and Jason Chan win the Rhythm Dance at the National Championships in Melbourne with a very convincing skate.

Friend / Badaoui and Kerry / Dodds both felt the pressure today and made some major mistakes.
Watching the stream, I’m not sure it was pressure. For Kerry/Dodd his skate got caught on her tights in the pattern part of the dance. She fell and he had to rip her tights off his boot hook. Very unfortunate.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

I think this is a little of an unfair remark especially given the seriousness of Matilda's fall; everyone in the rink was very worried that she was badly hurt. And Chantelle and Andrew clearly suffered a freak accident.

Perhaps we ought to be celebrating being able to send three strong dance teams to 4CC.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Watching the stream, I’m not sure it was pressure. For Kerry/Dodd his skate got caught on her tights in the pattern part of the dance. She fell and he had to rip her tights off his boot hook. Very unfortunate.

Yikes. Freak costume mishaps like that can be awful. I'm at the arena, and didn't catch the same degree of detail as watching it on computer. I'll have to check it out when I get home.

I'm just glad they're okay after Chantelle's recent injury.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Damn, look at Tilly & Bill getting a Level 2 on their pattern, though! Shame about the fall. :(

I'm reserving judgement on Harris/Chan for at least a year, for now. They're a very young, very new team, and it shows. There's no there there yet. But they have time to grow some, and I hope they do.

Watching them live today, they sell this Rhythm Dance to the rafters. I think they are a great match.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
The men's event was very exciting. Obviously we know who is going to win bar total meltdown, but the fight for the other two 4CC spots is very good. It's great to see Andrew still skating so well. James was so close on his jumps. Jordan finally hit that loop! Charlton gets better every time I see him I swear. Darian is so engaging. And Brian is super promising.

Oh and of course, Brendan landed a clean quad and triple Axel and...biffed the combo. ;) But the crowd was eating out of the palm of his hand, that's for sure.

EDIT: Just checked the protocols. PCS order is Brendan, Andrew, Jordan, James, Darian, Charlton and Brian. And I think that's about right. Probably would have Andrew closer to Brendan but Brendan gets the quad bump and Andrew did fall.

barbarafan

I've posted the same links (& more info) in the Australian nationals comp. thread in Kiss & Cry section:
thank-you so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information