2019/20 ISU Grand Prix Assignments & Alternates thread

binbinwinwin

The vacant spot in ladies at Cup of China goes to Craine according to CoC’s official Weibo.

To add, a fan asked if they have a replacement for Vincent yet in the comments and they responded that they are still waiting on news.

zebobes

Everyone, chant with me: Young You, Young. You, Young You....
But if she gets skipped, she wouldn’t be the first, with Kaetlyn Osmond and Mariah Bell also being skipped because of skaters possibly being pushed out of the final.

Dobre

already edited wiki, probably because of his poor finish at SkAm

There had to have been something already wrong though. I mean the Savosin from the last three years has had solid tech, culminating last March at Junior Worlds with two different landed quads and three triple axels. Then he debuts in seniors at SA with 0 quads and 0 landed triple axels. Not the Roman we know.

DobrinFan

There had to have been something already wrong though. I mean the Savosin from the last three years has had solid tech, culminating last March at Junior Worlds with two different landed quads and three triple axels. Then he debuts in seniors at SA with 0 quads and 0 landed triple axels. Not the Roman we know.

And no clean 3/3. Roman lost it all over the summer. Hopefully it's temporary. At least he qualified to nationals. No way he would have qualified with that content if he had to go through the cup events.

Sylvia

TBD
From Oct. 14:
Open spots at RUS and FRA due to Hendrickx WD.
Loena posted this update on her injuries 2 days ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4DAKBjJnxC/
Dear all,
I’m so so sad to tell you that I will not be able to get ready for the Grand Prix in France as the Grand Prix in Russia.. due an injury on my right foot, 3 torned ligaments and a fracture. I struggled with this through the whole summer. I was hoping I would compete the whole season, but unfortunately I can’t. I am so devastated and heartbroken at the moment, but I will come back for Europeans and show everyone that I am a fighter!
Love Loena! 💞

I heard at Skate America that Roman Savosin has been dealing with injury (unspecified) for a while now:

Samurina

Yes!! It's ridiculous that she doesn't have another one. :( And I think China is our only hope since Japan and Russia certainly won't be inviting anyone who might be a challenge to their own.
I think that they might invite Kim Hanul of Korea since she already has a video but i really want to see them invite You Young, it would also draw good attention for the event and drive up ticket sales having 4 ladies battling it out for GP Final Qualification (Scherbakova 1st, Tuktamysheva 3rd, Miyahara debut but obviously!, You 3rd)

seabm7

Young YOU got the COC ticket:

KSU told the reporter of this article by phone.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
We might be reaching the part of the season where this becomes unnecessary, but here is our updated ladies alternate list...

24 KOR Yelim KIM (SC)
39 ITA Marina PIREDDA (none)
42 AZE Ekaterina RYABOVA (RC)
45 USA Courtney HICKS (none)
56 FIN Emmi PELTONEN (RC)
58 GER Nicole SCHOTT (IdF)
60 USA Megan WESSENBERG (NHK)
61 SVK Nicole RAJICOVA (none)
62 AUS Kailani CRAINE (CoC)
63 CZE Eliska BREZINOVA (none)
Next 3- A Glenn, YK Yamada, Y Choi

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
We might be reaching the part of the season where this becomes unnecessary, but here is our updated ladies alternate list...

24 KOR Yelim KIM (SC)
39 ITA Marina PIREDDA (none)
42 AZE Ekaterina RYABOVA (RC)
45 USA Courtney HICKS (none)
56 FIN Emmi PELTONEN (RC)
58 GER Nicole SCHOTT (IdF)
60 USA Megan WESSENBERG (NHK)
61 SVK Nicole RAJICOVA (none)
62 AUS Kailani CRAINE (CoC)
63 CZE Eliska BREZINOVA (none)
Next 3- A Glenn, YK Yamada, Y Choi

Probably not unnecessary quite yet. We're only 1/3 of the way through the GP series. There's still plenty of time for more vacancies at RC and NHK to occur and get filled - aren't there still a couple of men's spots left to be filled at RC?

oleada

Young YOU got the COC ticket:

KSU told the reporter of this article by phone.
:cheer:

Sylvia

TBD

nimi

Adrien Tesson's name has been crossed out on the Men's grid and he is no longer listed for Grenoble this week: http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109457.htm
Does DG have anyone to replace him with?

ETA: Luc Economides was 3rd at the French Masters right behind Tesson (both scored 203).
Economides did worse at Finlandia (13./169.76) than Tesson did in Minsk (7./184.31), so I assume DG will just leave that spot empty. Wouldn't be the first time he's done that...

zebobes

Viveca Lindfors is crossed off of COC. I feel sorry for China now... how many skaters have they had to replace?? Are they going to even bother at this point?

Isn't Roman Ponsart also injured? but his name hasn't been removed at the moment. France always seems to be happy to leave spots open, and I doubt they have time to add anyone at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information