Rugby World Cup 2019

Lorac

I blame Vahaamahina and his elbow...

Absolutely. That and a relatively easy conversion missed for the first French try and a relatively easy penalty missed in the first half would have given France a better buffer to defend. I'd like to see the headlines in the French papers tomorrow. 😎

Miloune

Absolutely. That and a relatively easy conversion missed for the first French try and a relatively easy penalty missed in the first half would have given France a better buffer to defend. I'd like to see the headlines in the French papers tomorrow. 😎

It'll say : "ÉLIMINÉS!"

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Well this Japan/South Africa game is awesome so far, I don’t fancy Wales’ chances against either of them!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Grrr at 3-26 you would think South Africa would let up and Let Japan score a try to give their wonderful crowd something to cheer!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Yeah I suppose, still I'm SO frustrated right now 😂

Oh well, rendez-vous at the 6 nations!!! 🔥🔥🔥

i actually cried in 2011. A “questionable“ sending off and defeat by one point was awful. We have had revenge 8 times now but this one was truly the best. Sorry.

I am not looking forward to the next game though, we peaked too soon with a grand slam in last autumn’s Internationals and the Six Nations Grand Slam. Shame.

Lorac

Grrr at 3-26 you would think South Africa would let up and Let Japan score a try to give their wonderful crowd something to cheer!

It would have been nice but I can see why the Springboks kept up their pressure. They deserved their win but Japan can hold their heads high. They have not only hosted an amazing tournament but played some damn good rugby along the way.

So the semis are set. See you next weekend.

Miloune

i actually cried in 2011. A “questionable“ sending off and defeat by one point was awful. We have had revenge 8 times now but this one was truly the best. Sorry.

What about that unending match during the 2017 six nations turnament, with countless scrums?? Hehehe... 😈😈

Miloune

I'm supporting NZ on principle, but I've got to admit that England is very impressive...

Lorac

I am at work and have been following the BBC play by play. All I can say is YYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS. I will watch the highlights later but I'm so happy. 😁

Miloune

Well done England. Very well deserved. I don't see how they could be beaten next week tbh.

starrynight

Oh gosh. I didn't even think to watch it as I just presumed that the All Blacks would win!?? What the heck? lol Pleased for England - particularly as it's always something when there is a massive upset.

I don't think anyone thought the All Blacks would lose ??

My favourite team is Wales - I hope they win their semi final.

An England vs Wales Rugby World Cup would be something special.

Great year for English sports - they won the cricket world cup too.

Miloune

Oh gosh. I didn't even think to watch it as I just presumed that the All Blacks would win!?? What the heck? lol Pleased for England - particularly as it's always something when there is a massive upset.

I don't think anyone thought the All Blacks would lose ??

My favourite team is Wales - I hope they win their semi final.

An England vs Wales Rugby World Cup would be something special.

Great year for English sports - they won the cricket world cup too.

I think everybody knew it would be a tight game, but for England to actually win, and with such a margin (!!), well not many bet on that lol

starrynight

I have a massive soft spot for the All Blacks as they are such a super successful team from a very small country. But nothing can last forever in terms of sporting success.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Well I was working again, but I heard it was an awesome game so will watch some highlights later. Congrats to England, though with a population of 50 million and a rich rugby history you would think so, eh? :2faced:

Lorac

Watching the game now. Loved how England lined up for the Haka in a V shape. Got to the end of the first half and England really did play well. Rattled the All Blacks from the get go. I do enjoy watching a game when I know the score and it's in our favour. Making a cup of tea and will watch the 2nd half 😊

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
It was actually pretty dead at work this morning until the game was over. Not your average England game interest in Wales!

I’m dreading tomorrow :rofl:

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Very uninspired from Wales and South Africa advance to meet England in the final.

Wales really did peak a year too soon. Sigh.

Anyway, good look to England and, our near neighbours for the final. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿😍

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m well aware that rugby is an aggressive sport and that athletes need quite a bit of recovery time, but has this tournament been in progress forever? It seems to be taking forever.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Watching the game now. Loved how England lined up for the Haka in a V shape. Got to the end of the first half and England really did play well. Rattled the All Blacks from the get go. I do enjoy watching a game when I know the score and it's in our favour. Making a cup of tea and will watch the 2nd half 😊
England got fined for their V shape at the start, but it worked in countering the power of the Haka (which i love).

Lorac

England got fined for their V shape at the start, but it worked in countering the power of the Haka (which i love).

World Rugby were at pains to say it wasn't the V shape we got fined for but because a handful of players the lead ends of the V were a few steps over the centre line when they should have been behind that line. Pretty petty if you ask me especially as nearly everyone - including the All Blacks - though it was an awesome response to the challenge that the Haka lays down. Anyway it was a paltry £2000 fine and goes to charities associated with Rugby. Well worth every penny as it set a tone that England maintained throughout the entire march.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
World Rugby were at pains to say it wasn't the V shape we got fined for but because a handful of players the lead ends of the V were a few steps over the centre line when they should have been behind that line. Pretty petty if you ask me especially as nearly everyone - including the All Blacks - though it was an awesome response to the challenge that the Haka lays down. Anyway it was a paltry £2000 fine and goes to charities associated with Rugby. Well worth every penny as it set a tone that England maintained throughout the entire march.

thanks for explaining more!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Scrappy final so far, South Africa lead 12-6 at the break. I’m :drama:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information