Rugby World Cup 2019

Lorac

Just tuning in for the Aussie Wales game. Hopefully it is a good one. Welsh Anthem sung with gusto. Followed by the Aussie one which was equally as passionate. 😊

Lorac

Fabulous first half for Wales. Aussies lucky not to get a couple of yellow cards there.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
As I expected, the Wallabies are struggling. They were unconvincing against Fiji and I am surprised Wales has not done more against us.

Lorac

Wales deserved the win but Australia did well to pull back to within 1 point at one point. Wales defence stayed strong in the last part of the game and they took their opportunities - especially drop goals - well earlier in the game!!

Miloune

I'm French and I love our team... But damn it's hard!
Crunch next weekend!

Lorac

Greetings from Greece!

Well I think ten days was too long a break for Wales and Fiji sure gave them a test, but onwards with a 29-17 win.

Wales did well. Didn't panic when they had 2 quick tries scored against them. They deserved the win.

The space between matches is definetly questionable and has helped some teams and hindered others.

Lorac

So the England France game had been cancelled on Saturday due to the super typhoon -basically a category 5 hurricane - currently steaming towards Tokyo. Both teams already through so the cancellation which awards both teams 2 points as it is deemed a draw just set up England as the group winner. It also gives both teams a 2 week break between their last game and the quarter final. There are pros and cons to that - well rested and injuries sorted but the game should have been more of a test for both teams so lacking a little in match sharpness.

The other match cancelled was New Zealand Italy which denied Italy the chance to beat NZ by a record score, score 4 or more tries, stop NZ scoring 4 or more tries and ensuring they - Italy - win by more than 7 points so that NZ go home and Italy qualify. Yeah that was going to happen.

Now the Sunday matches have not yet been cancelled and the officials in that case have decided to wait until Sunday to make a decision. One reason is that the Scotland Japan game is a huge decider to who progresses and who goes home. Scotland need to beat Japan by 7 points and get a bonus point for 4 or more tries to go through. If it's cancelled the draw awarded sends them home. Will be watching this typhoon with interest.

misskarne

I have to admit I'm more concerned about the F1 race at Suzuka than the RWC. Worst that happens is the players get soggy in union...the last time the FIA dealt with a typhoon bearing down on Suzuka they refused to move the race earlier because it might upset the English fans (it would be 4am for them, the horrors!) and a driver died as a result.

Lorac

I have to admit I'm more concerned about the F1 race at Suzuka than the RWC. Worst that happens is the players get soggy in union...the last time the FIA dealt with a typhoon bearing down on Suzuka they refused to move the race earlier because it might upset the English fans (it would be 4am for them, the horrors!) and a driver died as a result.

I don't follow F1 so had no idea a race was scheduled. Hopefully TPTB use common sense this time around. If a storm this powerful hits no one should be out apart from emergency services. And racing as per F1 should most certainly be cancelled or postponed at the very least.

misskarne

I don't follow F1 so had no idea a race was scheduled. Hopefully TPTB use common sense this time around. If a storm this powerful hits no one should be out apart from emergency services. And racing as per F1 should most certainly be cancelled or postponed at the very least.

The FIA have cancelled all Saturday running and will hold qualifying on the Sunday morning, prior to the race.

I was reading something this morning about Scotland taking legal action because if their game against Japan is cancelled they get eliminated. They want the game pushed back 24 hours. I feel bad for them but come on guys, it's a typhoon. What else are they supposed to do?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I was reading something this morning about Scotland taking legal action because if their game against Japan is cancelled they get eliminated. They want the game pushed back 24 hours. I feel bad for them but come on guys, it's a typhoon. What else are they supposed to do?
Played better in the earlier games. Seriously, in round robin, the goal should be to get as many points as early as possible in case the unexpected happens. Goal differential decides the fate more often than not.

Lorac

Suck on it Samoa. :p

Next round - New Zealand. :yikes:

Maybe not. If the Scotland Japan game does go ahead and Scotland beat Japan and have 4 clear points over Japan form the game then you may end up playing South Africa.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Up and at the ready here in Greece! 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 shirts on!

An English barman asked me last night if I thought Wales would win today. I replied with a :rolleyes: and “Of course we will!” And he acted surprised that I had such confidence seeing as we were playing Croatia. I’m like oh right.... football? Not a clue... probably not then. Durrrr...as if there’s any other team sport to concern myself with at the moment!

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Yawn. This squad (11 changes) is too rested and needs to wake up!

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Japan beats Scotland. Rematch with South Africa for them in the quarterfinals.

Ireland will be flying home next weekend after their match with New Zealand. :p

misskarne

Saw that coming a mile away. England were professional, tough, clinical. That moment in the 62nd minute where we chose to take the scrum, had 8 phases on their line, got driven back then coughed up the ball was the defining moment for me. England's defence was incredible. We've lost something, and it will be hard to get back. I'm inclined to call it pride. But England were outstanding. The semi-final between them and (likely) New Zealand is going to be brilliant.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
I wish we had gone home tbh! I can’t cope with this! 😂

A 1 point win over a side we have beaten 7 times in a row with 14 men is pathetic! I hope I’m working for the next shower of shit!

Miloune

I wish we had gone home tbh! I can’t cope with this! 😂

A 1 point win over a side we have beaten 7 times in a row with 14 men is pathetic! I hope I’m working for the next shower of shit!

I blame Vahaamahina and his elbow...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information