Las Vegas, Nevada to host 2019 Skate America!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I would not walk that. I’m not even sure there’s a sidewalk the entire way. If there is it’s right up on an incredibly busy street with a lot of entrance points.
Thank you, that is what I needed to know.

all_empty

Ubers and Lyfts are definitely the way to go, as taxis also charge additional fees on top of that.

I don't recommend walking off the Strip. There are stretches of blocks that are poorly lit or not lit at all. There can be panhandlers or worse.

Also, as Carolla pointed out, just because it might look like a straight shot doesn't mean it is -- some might be elevated, some might not have sidewalks, etc.

The Tropicana is right near all the MGM properties and quite safe. It has a surprisingly good gym.

Megi

Ubers and Lyfts are definitely the way to go, as taxis also charge additional fees on top of that.

One thing to keep in mind - all resorts have designated ride share pick up spots that are not the front door in majority of cases. Important to locate those to avoid waiting in the wrong location. They do, however, drop you off at the main entrance of your destination.

sk8pics

Hmnnn.... I am still thinking, but I have a reservation already at the Orleans. I will have to compare the spectator rate with the rate I got, but if the USFS rate is better, I’ll just cancel my reservation and then rebook.

Actually, I see there are two different dates depending on which page on the USFS website you are on, for when the link to book the hotel is available. Hopefully they will straighten it out.

Debbie S

Hotel reservation date has been changed to next week/19th. Same time, noon PT. So the same time as ticket ordering. Which is stupid. But it's USFS....

DobrinFan

So for hotel reservations, you can book through the Orleans website and when the discount code becomes available, you can call them at the 1-800 number (for bookings) and have them apply SA's discount code.

Now if you booked through a 3rd party, they may be able to apply the code to give you the discounted rate. I applied via Expedia and they were not able to apply the code but other people who booked via other sites were able to have the code applied to their existing order. I made a separate booking and will cancel my old one. I saved about $150.

A9FSC10

Now if you want to abide by the honor system, don't use the code :saint: Other people are free to use it. Someone was nice enough to share the code and posted it on Goldenskate :D We didn't ask how he got it but I can confirm the code works and it is the Skate America fan discount rate ;)

Debbie S

You can use the code directly on the Orleans website. Go to book a room, enter dates, and it gives you the option (link is in small print on the right side) to enter the code. Then you have to reenter your dates (the check-in date will default to Tues) and then it will show you your room options.

Total for 4 nights including all the random and annoying fees is $429 and change.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Hmmmm...the code no longer works. Who is the code for? Who is eligible to receive it?

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Any idea why the seating chart only shows half of the arena? I don't have a code so I guess I am waiting until the 18th or the 19th. Not clear on that as Ticketmaster says 4/18 but the Skate America site says 4/19.

DobrinFan

Preliminary schedule and hold the presses....no events on Sunday except the Gala :eek: :cheer2:

Thursday, Oct. 17
Official Practice sessions
*Open to all-event ticket purchasers only and need to include practice ticket

Friday, Oct. 18
Session 1 - Pairs Short Program & Men’s Short Program
Session 2 - Rhythm Dance & Ladies Short Program

Saturday. Oct. 19
Session 3 - Pairs Free Skate & Men’s Free Skate
Session 4 - Free Dance and Ladies Free Skate

Sunday, Oct. 20
Session 5 - Skating Spectacular

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Got our tickets today and we even got seats near some friends after a little bit of phone call planning while we were both on Ticketmaster, LOL ;) We're sitting right behind them on the judges side and my mom even has her aisle seat! Now I just need to stalk flights until we find some good deals so we can actually get to Vegas.... :lol: :cheer:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Got our tickets today and we even got seats near some friends after a little bit of phone call planning while we were both on Ticketmaster, LOL ;) We're sitting right behind them on the judges side and my mom even has her aisle seat! Now I just need to stalk flights until we find some good deals so we can actually get to Vegas.... :lol: :cheer:

Which section are you in? I'm on the judges side in 104 row K :)

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
As usual for me I'll get my tickets last minute as I'm gonna apply to volunteer again! I'm wondering if I should just do the drive to Vegas.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I finally decided to skip SA even though it is very close to me. It is a matter of priorities. I may be able to rent my timeshare to someone for a much lower rent than the hotels in Vegas. However, it is very dependent on availability.

Debbie S

I'm 104, row J, seat 1, directly in front of TanithandBenFan. Like Heather C, my next mission is a good flight deal. :)

For those who don't have tickets yet, USFS sent an email tonight with a presale code. It's VEGAS2019.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information