Who's planning to go to Saitama for Worlds 2019?

beebee

Hey muffinplus and DaveRocks, the EMTG confirmation you will receive after applying answers both your questions very clearly (after the fact unfortunately). muffinplus, it specifically says if your credit card is declined you’ll still have an opportunity to manually pay, as long as payment is made by the due date.

DaveRocks

Eh?
Do you plan to submit one or two applications? We can’t decide what to do. They seem to make it hard to sell your won tickets. I don’t want to be too lucky ;). Looking forward to seeing you as well!
Exactly -- I don't want to be too lucky, either. It says you can't re-sell the tickets or even allow someone else to use them (which is also weird!). I'm going to submit one application for two tickets (for myself and Mr. DaveRocks). Fingers crossed.

livetoskate

Whew, that was a little complicated, but I applied for the Thurs, Fri. and Saturday event tickets. I hope the airfare prices won't be even higher by December.

SLIVER

I don't understand the fact that you can't sell your tickets, as there are tickets being sold already on viagogo and similar sites.

beebee

I don't understand the fact that you can't sell your tickets, as there are tickets being sold already on viagogo and similar sites.
It’s my understanding that tickets won in the foreign lottery can’t be transferred, but I hope I’m wrong.

beebee

What I’m saying is based on my experience with 2018 NHK foreign ticket sales. I’m certain Worlds will work the same way. There is no paper ticket, not even an online ticket. Close to the event the ticket images can be retrieved on your EMTG app. You can’t do anything with those tickets except display them to get in. They only appear on the iPhone or Android you entered with.

If you want to sell a ticket, the buyer must enter the arena with you every time or they will need your phone. Your name is on the ticket, though, I didn’t see anyone verifying ID

There was a ticket transfer/purchase process on the EMTG website but it was only for domestic buyers and sellers AFAIK.

While I find these machinations to be a pain, it is unquestionably more fair than online sales and gives foreigners more than a fighting chance to score tickets.

This ain’t 2014 when buying tickets outside of Japan was a breeze :rolleyes: .

npavel

the first round of the Japanese lottery, they had paper tickets, so if someone is selling tickets, they can be sold

livetoskate

I tried to get tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but didn't get any. What a disappointment! If anyone has one to sell, please contact me.

piglet

No tickets for me as well. Such a shame. I would like to know how many tickets were reserved for foreigners.

muffinplus

I tried to get tickets for Thursday, Friday and Saturday, but didn't get any. What a disappointment! If anyone has one to sell, please contact me.

You can't even repurchase from what I understand... (if I understand correctly). I might go to Europeans instead, as it's the only chance to see Papadakis/Cizeron this season

npavel

no tickets for men and exhibition for me either. A Japanese friend of mine got me ladies tickets, that's it

livetoskate

Yeah, this is pretty crummy. My only hope would be to purchase from someone in Japan (because it sounds like they got paper tickets instead of mobile app ones), but that sounds kind of risky. I already booked my hotel but luckily it can be canceled without penalty. And I have been learning Japanese, but that's still a fun hobby that could be marginally useful, like for watching Japanese shows about skating!

livetoskate

hmm... so is it similarly hopeless to get tickets for NHK trophy or Japanese nationals? This goes to show how popular skating is in Japan compared to the US.

npavel

my friend got some more tickets for the first day if someone are interested

npavel

Is that the day of Pairs and Ladies’ SP?
yes, my friend have paper tickets for
Wednesday, March 20
Pairs - Short Program9:00
Opening on Ice14:10
Ladies - Short Program14:55

Last edited:

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
I had to cancel my tour tickets to Worlds because Mr JB is sick. Last I heard Uniworld had 3 complete tour packages available. All event tix, hotel, pre and post event tours.

muffinplus

I had to cancel my tour tickets to Worlds because Mr JB is sick. Last I heard Uniworld had 3 complete tour packages available. All event tix, hotel, pre and post event tours.

Yeah, I saw that, but she is sold out now... plus the package is very expensive, and I can book hotel on points, so it didn't work for me

I'm considering purchasing a 5 day pass on ticket.co.jp (those are the tickets won in the Japanese lottery), this would be a paper pass. Still very expensive. My concern is the ID checks, and if the ticket office would require me to have the ID of the person who won the pass in order to pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information