Evgenia Medvedeva Cheer thread

kalle

Much better outing for Med in her LP and that dress, just stunning!
I wonder if all the love she received from the audience after her SP was a bit of a wakeup call as she seemed to have a completely different attitude in the LP and really fought for every single element!
If injury free, I expect to see Med back in good form next season and I hope this LP was a confidence booster for her.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I’m new this season to the Med bandwagon I think she was very brave to move at 18 to another country to follow her dream. Considering all her training challenges she is finishing the season in good shape. I hope she keeps both her programs for next season.
She won’t have any issues with GP picks and I plan on being in France for the GP final. Really hope she stays in Canada with Orser where she can get healthy and not have the pressures.

Rock2

Sandra’s style is making subtle beautiful. That is diametrical to what Evgenia is used to. I almost wish Gracie had this short program. Misha repackaged what Evgenia was used to which was supposed to make her more comfortable.

Praying for redemption in the free

This ^

And, redemption received. Kind of reminds me of when KO had the crappy year learning to skate again in 2015-16. Most competitions were disappointing but she ended her year with a very hopeful LP at 4CC. And then we know what happened in 2017.

I'm hoping Zhenya's LP does the same for her.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It was nice to see Zhenya smile and look happy after her LP skate. Great reception from the audience. She was standing and waving in the KnC for so long that Orser pulled her to sit down and see her marks. It wasn't perfect but she won the LP. I hope she regains her health and her confidence.

Last edited:

Fiero425

Medvedeva is getting BIG jumps :D

I loved her Nationals FS! She could have landed the 2A-3T because the 3T had a new suspension in the air.

I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone! Maybe I'm looking at the wrong year because I don't understand all this love and a willingness to overlook her overall performance! Mon Dieu it was absolutely awful! :yikes: :oksana1: :sarah1: :sasha1:

Fiero425

Well, see, there's this thing where fans like a performer, and are loyal to her, and stick with her through ups and downs. You should try it sometime. It's kind of nice. :)

Done it plenty of times, but I don't act like I'm deaf, dumb, and blind! Sorry! It's just so weird! :rolleyes: :COP: :shuffle: :shizuka1:

Fiero425

It's called a "rebuilding year".

I guess I'm just spoiled! Normally a top skater gets better when they switch coaches; Yagudin, Sasha Cohen, Weir, and a host of others! I've never seen anything like this and I've been a serious disseminator of figure skating for decades! :rolleyes:

kittyjake5

Well, see, there's this thing where fans like a performer, and are loyal to her, and stick with her through ups and downs. You should try it sometime. It's kind of nice. :)

So true. If I am a fan of a particular skater I choose to see the good things a skater does in a program even if it is not perfect, doesn't mean I wear rose colored glasses.

It amazes me when folks come into a cheer thread and tell us they are in the twilight zone. Sorry can't help you with your problem. :rolleyes:

bardtoob

I guess I'm just spoiled! Normally a top skater gets better when they switch coaches; Yagudin, Sasha Cohen, Weir, and a host of others! I've never seen anything like this and I've been a serious disseminator of figure skating for decades! :rolleyes:

The technique of Eteri and Orser are utterly different. Right now, Eteri works better with 10-16 year olds. Orser works better with 15+ year olds.

Of your list, I only thought Yagudin got better with the switch to Tarasova.

Weir was way better under Hill with Tarasova than with Galina. I feel like Weir would have switched to anybody that would scream at him in Russian.

Cohen switched too much, in general, and the result was hit and miss.

Last edited:

Fiero425

So true. If I am a fan of a particular skater I choose to see the good things a skater does in a program even if it is not perfect, doesn't mean I wear rose colored glasses.

It amazes me when folks come into a cheer thread and tell us they are in the twilight zone. Sorry can't help you with your problem. :rolleyes:

Be delusional if you like to get you thru the night! Cheer on whomever, but at least see what's what! :rolleyes: :COP: :yikes:

Fiero425

The technique of Eteri and Orser are utterly different. Right now, Eteri works better with 10-16 year olds. Orser works better with 15+ year olds.

Weir was way better under Hill with Tarasova than with Galina. I feel like Weir would have switched to anybody that would scream at him in Russian.

Cohen switched too much, in general, and result was hit and miss.

Those and others haven't had this kind of collapse even with an injury! I never thought of Tarasova as Weir's coach; maybe a choreographer! I can only see Hill & Galina Zmievskaia as coaches of the guy! I could be way wrong! :rolleyes: :plush:

bardtoob

Those and others haven't had this kind of collapse even with an injury! I never thought of Tarasova as Weir's coach; maybe a choreographer! I can only see Hill & Galina Zmievskaia as coaches of the guy! I could be way wrong! :rolleyes::plush:

Which Eteri Olympic medalist hasn't collapsed after the Olympics?

Tarasova was Weir's choreographer while he was coached by Hill. Weir also did visiting sessions with Tarasova. Tarasova made Weir an honorary Russian on competition ice.

Fiero425

Which Eteri Olympic medalist hasn't collapsed after the Olympics?

I never paid that much attention to Russian skaters & coaches outside of the top tier who won medals! I guess if I think about it, the ones that come and go could be victims of Eteri as some of you guys think! :rolleyes: :COP: :judge: :oksana1: :yikes:

bardtoob

I never paid that much attention to Russian skaters & coaches outside of the top tier who won medals! I guess if I think about it, the ones that come and go could be victims of Eteri as some of you guys think! :rolleyes::COP::judge::oksana1::yikes:

I think Eteri is just a newish coach, and her students will get more staying power as time goes on and her techniques evolve.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

Cohen switched too much, in general, and the result was hit and miss.

Klimova-Ponomarenko got better with Tarasova but that was long ago (1991-92).

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone! Maybe I'm looking at the wrong year because I don't understand all this love and a willingness to overlook her overall performance! Mon Dieu it was absolutely awful! :yikes::oksana1::sarah1::sasha1:

Dont forget this is a cheer thread for Medvedeva. It doesn't mean you cannot make suggestions to improve, but you come across as someone who is out of touch.

Finsta

Did any of these skaters be taught technique for young bodies only, switch coach and move to foreign country I don’t believe Cohen trained in Russia. Did Weir train in Russia? I also not remembering Yagudin training outside Russia, but well accepted outside of Russia. This was season of change for Medvedeva. I’d like to see this SP for her next season to full potential.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Did any of these skaters be taught technique for young bodies only, switch coach and move to foreign country I don’t believe Cohen trained in Russia. Did Weir train in Russia? I also not remembering Yagudin training outside Russia, but well accepted outside of Russia. This was season of change for Medvedeva. I’d like to see this SP for her next season to full potential.

Yuzuru and Yu na moved to Canada to train with Orser.

I too would like to see her skate this new SP next season.

puglover

Among many things, Canada and the cricket club offer these high profile skaters from countries where skaters are like rock stars, a certain calm. It is a private club, which also helps. Brian and team are excellent, of course, but it must be nice not to have their every move analyzed and reported on.

barbarafan

Normally they don't switch coaches because they were badly injured in several places but still competed because a coach figured they could get another big medal out of you before you turned to dust. So the return to a healthy body consisted of 4 months completely off ice then a rebuilding of said body with healthy nourishing food, exercises to develop muscles needed to be elite skater to totally change technique as the 8-15 under 80lbs technique had expired. Next came the learning of proper technique and the continuation of healing. Next steps developing muscle memory for said technique, continuation of healing and strengthening of said body and learning to compete and trust in yourself again...Once that is well on the way is the time to add a bit more difficulty, carry on with the building of earned GOE's and PCS and loving again the sport you have devoted most of your life to while being happy and encouraged with what you do everyday because you are not a tool or a robot but a beautiful person full of life and love.

Fiero425

Dont forget this is a cheer thread for Medvedeva. It doesn't mean you cannot make suggestions to improve, but you come across as someone who is out of touch.

I am; BIG TIME! I don't watch or care half as much as I once did! The changes made haven't improved the PR of the sport, still appearing to be one of the shadiest due to inconsistent and sometime outrageous scoring of skaters! :rolleyes: :COP:

floskate

Vacant

I never paid that much attention to Russian skaters & coaches outside of the top tier who won medals! I guess if I think about it, the ones that come and go could be victims of Eteri as some of you guys think! :rolleyes::COP::judge::oksana1::yikes:

Serious disseminators of figure skating know their shit. They don't just watch the top tier. So which one are you? A serious disseminator or a joke shop of a skating 'fan' that knows nothing about figure skating and the challenges faced by ladies since time immemorial when their bodies change? Hmmm...I'm thinking the latter :blah:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information