From Russia with Love [#30]: If There Are Test Skate Videos, It Must Be Fall 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAOTMAA

Congrats to Maxim :respec:

Now on the subject of the men I was wondering does anybody have a list of students currently coached by Evgeni Plushenko? He seems to be doing well with his female students it kind of got me wondering if he could work some of the same on the men. Obviously success in one discipline doesn't automatically mean success in another but of course its worth a try. All the Russian men have some great skating but get let down by the jumps. They could be on the podium instead of just outside of it.

s_parks

Now on the subject of the men I was wondering does anybody have a list of students currently coached by Evgeni Plushenko? He seems to be doing well with his female students it kind of got me wondering if he could work some of the same on the men. Obviously success in one discipline doesn't automatically mean success in another but of course its worth a try. All the Russian men have some great skating but get let down by the jumps. They could be on the podium instead of just outside of it.
There's Artem Kovalev, but Volkov is his main coach(though Plushenko is listed on his isu bio). I remember he did quite well at his jgp debut in the 16-17 season. He's been having some growing pains, I think. He's still working on his 3A- he got credit for it in the sp at his one jgp this season, but has yet to land it clean in competition. He's 15. (b. 2003)
Vladimir Samoilov got a jgp silver last season, but I don't know if he's competed this season so far. He's Aliev's age.

DobrinFan

There's Artem Kovalev, but Volkov is his main coach(though Plushenko is listed on his isu bio). I remember he did quite well at his jgp debut in the 16-17 season. He's been having some growing pains, I think. He's still working on his 3A- he got credit for it in the sp at his one jgp this season, but has yet to land it clean in competition. He's 15. (b. 2003)
Vladimir Samoilov got a jgp silver last season, but I don't know if he's competed this season so far. He's Aliev's age.

Vladimir Samoilov competed last week and 2 weeks prior to that. He is no longer coached by Plushenko. Both he and Kovalev have qualified to senior nationals so we will see them in less than a month. And Kovalev has landed the 3a cleanly, mostly at his Russian Cup events, internationally though :shuffle:

Madison25

I understand that Medvedeva is more flattering now to the "Westerners"... But just as equal trolling and abuse is taking place against Zagitova by media and Med-fans, and on much higher level, by media, some Russian coaches, and some westerners with awful rumors are being spread against Eteri.

Medvedeva’s mother works in media and is well connected. Together with Tarasova, Med’s agent, and sponsors, they made sure of two things – a) that Zagitova is not called “Olympic champion” on TV and in the press, but just “Our Champion”, b) that she does not appear on the main central Russian TV Channel 1.

Two main TV shows “Pust Govoryat” and “Night Urgant” right after the Olympics invited Medvedeva, and not Zagitova, as if she did not exist. All praise was given to Medvedeva and Zagitova was put in the shadow.

Here is the clip from “Pust Govoryat” @ 14:00 min, where Medvedeva is there, and Alina’s father is invited instead of Alina. Tarasova (after giving her lip service to Alina) raves and raves about Medvedeva. The show host tries to mention Zagitova, but Tarasova interrupts him and starts saying to the audience and to Zagitova’s father “No, no… Dear Daddy, you must understand, most of us simply love Zhennya more, don’t be offended, that is how it is”… then the TV host who is now very embarrassed, tries to interject something positive about Zagitova, and TAT still wants to talk and then they cut TAT’s mice off… Medvedeva just sat there and had a coy smile the whole time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_jMIP2oc5Q
Zagitova was sick with a fever at that moment, that's the reason her father was present at that show instead of her (so she was invited).
I am surprised you say that... I always had the impression that the Russian TV Channel 1 is more pro Eteri (and her skaters) and Match TV more pro Med.

Last edited:

lala

He has many shows he performs as a guest and his own shows Kings on Ice and in the end of the year will be the unique Swan Lake show- ballet dancers and skaters with live music, Olga Smirnova from the Bolshoi, Adelina! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtwovlBx9_g Plushy will dance on the floor, too. The choreographer is Sergei Filin ex Bolshoi director.-In January will be the Nutcracker in St. Petersburg with Lipnitskaya!!
He is very busy works a lot. He is working with every student but he doesn't need more adult, elit skaters yet. Look at Tarakanova's jumps improved and she is better and better as a performer. If Plush has no shows we could see him as Kovtun's coach!!!!!! :saint:
He wants to skate for other 2-3 years..Who knows..He is 36 but he is interesting for many people even today

his little genious at the Academy https://www.instagram.com/p/BqujYGhBP9S/ she is 5 y. o.!!!!

Golubev https://www.instagram.com/p/BqeVw3ehlb-/ first 3,5 at comp he is 13

choreography https://www.instagram.com/p/BnjkFyWF0ot/ with Tarakanova

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Zagitova was sick with a fever at that moment, that's the reason her father was present at that show instead of her (so she was invited).
I am surprised you say that... I always had the impression that the Russian TV Channel 1 is more pro Eteri (and her skaters) and Match TV more pro Med.

Zagitova was sick with fever, true. But, it was up to the show producers when to schedule both shows, "Pust Govoryat" and "Urgant". It was absolutely possible to wait 1 week or few days and schedule these shows to make sure they are WITH the Olympic Champion. These shows were conveniently scheduled during Alina's sick days by insistence from "few people". In the "Pust Govoryat" segment, the issues is not really the absence of Alina, but Tarasova's outburst "how the country loves Zhennya more than Alina" to Mr. Zagitov's face on national TV.

Also, when Alina was healthy few days later, none of the shows re-scheduled her participation as the Gold Olympic Medalists.

A group of people did everything possible to deprive Zagitova of being able to enjoy her Gold Medal, and to diminish her as much as possible. All because their favorite did not win.

Nobody disputed Alina's win based on merits, not even pro-Medvedeva groups. Had there been an argument of unfair judging, some of the lash-outs at least would have made more sense. But there was no or hardly any questions about judging.Yet many people decided to throw tantrums (in various shapes and forms) because they were disappointed with the outcome.

It was and still is really nothing more than Spoiled Brats Tantrums "I did not get what i wanted, i don't care if she won fair, the one who won is not what i wanted, so let there be a Giant Flood to wash Alina off the ice".

I remember how majority of US Fans wanted Kwan to win 2002 Olympics, and yet Sarah Hughes won, and many many were disappointed. And yet, Sarah still received the Olympic Champion treatment by "country's system". It was Sarah's body on Wheaties Box, it was Sarah who was the Star Guest of many post-Olympics TV shows, and it was Sarah who got the usual amount of TV and press coverage typical for all Olympic Champions of the past.

As to Channel #1 pro Eteri? don't think so... They have Tarasova and Medvedeva under contracts, TAT for commentating and for ice shows created by Averbuch (Ice Age, Ice Age Kids, etc), and Medvedeva for "Ice Age Kids".

Last edited:

Madison25

Zagitova was sick with fever, true. But, it was up to the show producers when to schedule both shows, "Pust Govoryat" and "Urgant". It was absolutely possible to wait 1 week or few days and schedule these shows to make sure they are WITH the Olympic Champion. These shows were conveniently scheduled during Alina's sick days by insistence from "few people". In the "Pust Govoryat" segment, the issues is not really the absence of Alina, but Tarasova's outburst "how the country loves Zhennya more than Alina" to Mr. Zagitov's face on national TV.

Also, when Alina was healthy few days later, none of the shows re-scheduled her participation as the Gold Olympic Medalists.

A group of people did everything possible to deprive Zagitova of being able to enjoy her Gold Medal, and to diminish her as much as possible. All because their favorite did not win.

Nobody disputed Alina's win based on merits, not even pro-Medvedeva groups. Had there been an argument of unfair judging, some of the lash-outs at least would have made more sense. But there was no or hardly any questions about judging.Yet many people decided to throw tantrums (in various shapes and forms) because they were disappointed with the outcome.

It was and still is really nothing more than Spoiled Brats Tantrums "I did not get what i wanted, i don't care if she won fair, the one who won is not what i wanted, so let there be a Giant Flood to wash Alina off the ice".

I remember how majority of US Fans wanted Kwan to win 2002 Olympics, and yet Sarah Hughes won, and many many were disappointed. And yet, Sarah still received the Olympic Champion treatment by "country's system". It was Sarah's body on Wheaties Box, it was Sarah who was the Star Guest of many post-Olympics TV shows, and it was Sarah who got the usual amount of TV and press coverage typical for all Olympic Champions of the past.sho

As to Channel #1 pro Eteri? don't think so... They have Tarasova and Medvedeva under contracts, TAT for commentating and for ice shows created by Averbuch (Ice Age, Ice Age Kids, etc), and Medvedeva for "Ice Age Kids".
To wait one week for Zagitova?I mean media is a business. The producers probably had scheduled the show long before the Games... and i remember that not only figure skaters were invited, but also hockey players. You cannot expect to change everyone schedule just because Zagitova got a cold on the way back from Korea.
As for Channel 1, Eteri presented her version - after Medvedeva's departure- there, while news emerged - even before the official confirmation- from Match TV- and now Daniil was invited to comment the gala from Cup of Russia to Channel 1. So I really doubt that Channel 1 is pro-Medvedeva.
I don't blame them for being dissapointed with the outcomes of the Olympics. I personally felt bad for Medvedeva-from a human point of view, although I was never her fan for her skating. Medvedeva was and still is an icon for the Russian figure skating. She was the one who represented all the clean Russian athletes and fought for their right to participate at the Olympics. She was the one who worked hard for 2-3 seasons as a senior, being consistent, reliable and winning everything. She was the one who fought until the last minute for the Gold at the Olympics, having injuries, and missing a good part of the season, being under the pressure of Zagitova. I cannot imagine how hard was for Medvedeva to sit home, to not be able to train and to see Zagitova winning in her absence, increasing her PCS. I really felt that she put all her soul in that Anna Karenina program from the Olympics and that she changed during that season, became more mature and humble. So I don't blame the people who felt that from a human point of view Medvedeva deserved that Gold medal. Obviously Zagitova is a talented skater who had a superior tech content at the Olympics, nobody is denying that. But for many, Medvedeva was the legitimate winner of the Games.

Last edited:

starrynight

Tuks instagram has been retrieved
and here is her newly added 3F-3T https://www.instagram.com/p/BqhaNDsHaJO/

where will Tuk place is she skates clean as well as a clean Kihira and Zagitova
can she pull a Miki Ando ?

The skate gods are smiling on me this season. How lucky am I that my favourite lady is making such a great comeback!!

I think Liza if she goes clean will be pretty formidable. But it's very hard to predict! I'm just so grateful for all the success she's had this season so far!

Ka3sha

I hope Russia doesn't do what it did last year and that is NOT sending Voronov to Olys, Worlds. Once again he goes to GPF, others do not.
I hope Voronov won’t do what he always do = fail at Nationals :saint:

Don’t get me wrong, I respect him, I want to see him on the Euros and Worlds team this year, but everything depends on how he skates at Nationals. Last season he had all chances to make the team, but he messed up at Nationals. He has no one to blame.

Also, as last season showed, the Fed did the right thing sending Aliev and Kolyada to major competitions, as Russian men had two medals at Euros, first in 6 years medal at Worlds and finally got three spots

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

To wait one week for Zagitova?I mean media is a business. The producers probably had scheduled the show long before the Games... and i remember that not only figure skaters were invited, but also hockey players. You cannot expect to change everyone schedule just because Zagitova got a cold on the way back from Korea.

It's a well known fact to all that "media is business".. :D, although Russian Channel #1, besides "business" is also an official government channel, which 70+% of Russians watch for sources of news, events, entertainment, and "directions of the country".

You were right to say that you think "that probably" because there are real sequence of events. My relative is an executives at Channel #1, and my other cousin is an editor in chief of “Maxim”, TV-series script writer and an invited quest speaker at Channel #1. Their “circle” of journalists, photographers, producers, agents is quite wide, including those “in sports”.

The issue of “holding Zagitova out of spot-light” and “not naming her publicly an Olympic champion” in favor of Medvedeva is a well known and discussed fact. Many were happy, after May 07 announcement of Medvedeva leaving, that “finally we can call Alina an Olympic Champion”. I can quickly find only one ref (but there are more).
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/taliaskate/1691135.html

This was supported by western press “wrong Russian won”..
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...igure-skating-2018-winter-olympics/366111002/

And now the issues around “manipulation of the show dates on Channel #1”.
Olympics ended on Feb. 25th. Most/all athletes returned to Russia on the 26th.
Alina was sick, and her team asked for few days off, before she can attend the events and other commitments.

1) “Meet the Olympic Champions” was a “special edition” segment, not scheduled far in advance, because there were very few guarantees of Gold for “OAR” team given the drug scandal. After 2 Gold medals for OAR team, the show was initially scheduled for March 01, but due to some manipulations switched to Feb. 28th, (which did not give Zagitova time to recover, and! also few hockey players also could not attend due to date switch),

The subject of the show was “Olympic Champions” (champions, not medal winners), and the two “stars” were Hockey Team and Zagitova (and of course Medvedeva, the two Dream Girls). Plus famous other guests, like Tarasova, etc.

It appears that the switch to an earlier date was due to Tarasova and “team Medvedeva” availability issues on March 01, and request for earlier date, due to scheduling conflicts for other commitments, which is a very “iffy” situation, given that neither one of them appeared on any other shows on March 01.

The original show planned for Feb 28th, was a standard “family drama” segment, which was easily moved to March 01 date.
https://www.1tv.ru/shows/pust-govor...r-i-karina-pust-govoryat-vypusk-ot-01-03-2018

Because the show was “Olympic Champions” (not Olympic medalists), Zagitova being sick, they had to invite “some other figure skating Olympic Champion” and that was Sotnikova, so at least the “Olympic Champion” criteria is met, given that Med is a silver medalist, not a Champion. Tarasova, while giving lip service to Zagitova’s medal, played up to the max Medvedeva, and insulted Zagitova’s father.

2) “Urgant” segment #939 which was to include Zagitova and Medvedeva, but ended up with Medvedeva and Bobrova, was also switched from the original earlier scheduled date, and ran on March 13th. Alina was ready and healthy, but it was less than a week before FS Worlds in Milan on March 19th (and the team was leaving for Milan on 15th or 16th)
Original segment with Golden Girls of Figure Skating (Zagitova and Medvedeva) was scheduled for March 05, which gave Alina plenty of time before Worlds.

Miraculously “team Evgeniya” again had a scheduling conflict, and with “some higher influences” the show was moved to “just few days before the Worlds” when it was obvious that Alina can’t attend. Again with “some manipulations” the producers were convinced it is ok to just have Medvedeva and she’ll bring “her best friend” Bobrova.

The segment #936 that was supposed to run on March 13th, was with Alegrova, and she was not very happy with the switch either, playing on the fact that “she has all the time in the world, and can just drop by at any time..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScwTPnItB4

I don't blame them for being dissapointed with the outcomes of the Olympics. I personally felt bad for Medvedeva-from a human point of view, although I was never her fan for her skating.

Good.... nobody prevents one from "being disappointed" or feeling bad from Medvedeva, or showing her support.
That does not justify acts of aggression and hindrance against a legitimate Gold Winner.

I cannot imagine how hard was for Medvedeva to sit home, to not be able to train and to see Zagitova winning in her absence, increasing her PCS.
Then send Medvedeva a love note.. :lol: Her set back does not justifies any actions to undermine and hurt Zagitova.

I too, was a bigger fan of Medvedeva, than Zagitova and wanted Medvedeva to win. But treatment of Alina is not fair, and a big portion of negativity was and is inspired by "team Medvedeva", because of jealousy and vindictiveness and inability to accept legitimate results. As much as adored everything about Medvedeva, i will never accept jealousy and vindictiveness, principles of what's right and wrong must come first.

Obviously Zagitova is a talented skater who had a superior tech content at the Olympics, nobody is denying that. But for many, Medvedeva was the legitimate winner of the Games.
:D well, there are also some crazies who run around and claim they are Napoleons and Nikolas IIs.. but they are not given the ownership of Fontainebleau or Winter Palace.. :D

The ONLY legitimate winner of 2018 Olympic Games is ALINA ZAGITOVA, regardless of what idiots think or how they feel sorry of Medvedeva...:p

Last edited:

NAOTMAA

I hope Voronov won’t do what he always do = failed at Nationals :saint:

Don’t get me wrong, I respect him, I want to see him on the Euros and Worlds team this year, but everything depends on how he skates at Nationals. Last season he had all chances to make the team, but he messed up at Nationals. He has no one to blame.

Also, as last season showed, the Fed did the right thing sending Aliev and Kolyada to major competitions, as Russian men had two medals at Euros, first in 6 years medal at Worlds and finally got three spots

I know Voronov is like a sentimental favorite online because they like it when the oldies stick around and remain successful but I don't think there's any conspiracy to keep him off the team or anything like many think. Last year everyone was pretty much blah. It's not like he was brilliant they still picked someone else.

And Kolyada, Aliev and Samarin may be inconsistent, and don't hit often, but they have a much higher potential ceiling then he does. Their skating also doesn't appear as dated either. Considering the expectations of the men in general (outside of Kolyada who I believe they expect to challenge for a medal every time) and everyone equally being sub-par I had no problem with the fed. going with youth and rolling the dice. Dimitri scoring 98 points and placing 5th in the Olympics SP (combined with his performance at Eruos) shows you why it was right they went in that direction. I don't Voronov would have scored the same. If this year is just as messy as last year, or everybody as clean, and nobody stands out I have no problem is they did it again.

Madison25

It's a well known fact to all that "media is business".. :D, although Russian Channel #1, besides "business" is also an official government channel, which 70+% of Russians watch for sources of news, events, entertainment, and "directions of the country".

You were right to say that you think "that probably" because there are real sequence of events. My relative is an executives at Channel #1, and my other cousin is an editor in chief of “Maxim”, TV-series script writer and an invited quest speaker at Channel #1. Their “circle” of journalists, photographers, producers, agents is quite wide, including those “in sports”.

The issue of “holding Zagitova out of spot-light” and “not naming her publicly an Olympic champion” in favor of Medvedeva is a well known and discussed fact. Many were happy, after May 07 announcement of Medvedeva leaving, that “finally we can call Alina an Olympic Champion”. I can quickly find only one ref (but there are more).
https://www.sports.ru/tribuna/blogs/taliaskate/1691135.html

This was supported by western press “wrong Russian won”..
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...igure-skating-2018-winter-olympics/366111002/

And now the issues around “manipulation of the show dates on Channel #1”.
Olympics ended on Feb. 25th. Most/all athletes returned to Russia on the 26th.
Alina was sick, and her team asked for few days off, before she can attend the events and other commitments.

1) “Meet the Olympic Champions” was a “special edition” segment, not scheduled far in advance, because there were very few guarantees of Gold for “OAR” team given the drug scandal. After 2 Gold medals for OAR team, the show was initially scheduled for March 01, but due to some manipulations switched to Feb. 28th, (which did not give Zagitova time to recover, and! also few hockey players also could not attend due to date switch),

The subject of the show was “Olympic Champions” (champions, not medal winners), and the two “stars” were Hockey Team and Zagitova (and of course Medvedeva, the two Dream Girls). Plus famous other guests, like Tarasova, etc.

It appears that the switch to an earlier date was due to Tarasova and “team Medvedeva” availability issues on March 01, and request for earlier date, due to scheduling conflicts for other commitments, which is a very “iffy” situation, given that neither one of them appeared on any other shows on March 01.

The original show planned for Feb 28th, was a standard “family drama” segment, which was easily moved to March 01 date.
https://www.1tv.ru/shows/pust-govor...r-i-karina-pust-govoryat-vypusk-ot-01-03-2018

Because the show was “Olympic Champions” (not Olympic medalists), Zagitova being sick, they had to invite “some other figure skating Olympic Champion” and that was Sotnikova, so at least the “Olympic Champion” criteria is met, given that Med is a silver medalist, not a Champion. Tarasova, while giving lip service to Zagitova’s medal, played up to the max Medvedeva, and insulted Zagitova’s father.

2) “Urgant” segment #939 which was to include Zagitova and Medvedeva, but ended up with Medvedeva and Bobrova, was also switched from the original earlier scheduled date, and ran on March 13th. Alina was ready and healthy, but it was less than a week before FS Worlds in Milan on March 19th (and the team was leaving for Milan on 15th or 16th)
Original segment with Golden Girls of Figure Skating (Zagitova and Medvedeva) was scheduled for March 05, which gave Alina plenty of time before Worlds.

Miraculously “team Evgeniya” again had a scheduling conflict, and with “some higher influences” the show was moved to “just few days before the Worlds” when it was obvious that Alina can’t attend. Again with “some manipulations” the producers were convinced it is ok to just have Medvedeva and she’ll bring “her best friend” Bobrova.

The segment #936 that was supposed to run on March 13th, was with Alegrova, and she was not very happy with the switch either, playing on the fact that “she has all the time in the world, and can just drop by at any time..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScwTPnItB4

Good.... nobody prevents one from "being disappointed" or feeling bad from Medvedeva, or showing her support.
That does not justify acts of aggression and hindrance against a legitimate Gold Winner.

Then send Medvedeva a love note.. :lol: Her set back does not justifies any actions to undermine and hurt Zagitova.

I too, was a bigger fan of Medvedeva, than Zagitova and wanted Medvedeva to win. But treatment of Alina is not fair, and a big portion of negativity was and is inspired by "team Medvedeva", because of jealousy and vindictiveness and inability to accept legitimate results. As much as adored everything about Medvedeva, i will never accept jealousy and vindictiveness, principles of what's right and wrong must come first.

:D well, there are also some crazies who run around and claim they are Napoleons and Nikolas IIs.. but they are not given the ownership of Fontainebleau or Winter Palace.. :D

The ONLY legitimate winner of 2018 Olympic Games is ALINA ZAGITOVA, regardless of what idiots think or how they feel sorry of Medvedeva...:p

Dear, you seemed to build up an entire conspiracy theory in which I personally don't believe.
I don't see what would be the big purpose of preventing Zagitova to be present in 2 shows. In the big picture, it is really not very important. And maybe she was invited in other shows, but she refused to go, we do not know that for sure. You are right, Zagitova was the winner of the Gold medal and as a result she received all the prizes in money, cars, apartament etc. And she even has a strong fan support on Instagram (i suppose ''someone'' is behind this group, if I were to think in terms of conspiracy theory).

I would add something, I think that your words have some truth: indeed Zagitova was hindered in her status as the OGM. Eteri, through her actions, was the person who did that. For example, I remember the press conference with both Medvedeva and Zagitova, when Zagitova wanted to say something and Eteri stopped her giving priority to Medvedeva. The same when they met Putin. Eteri pushed Medeveva to ask him about a new rink. Zagitova was left - by Eteri in one corner.
It's good that now when Medvedeva has left, Zagitova in Eteri's eyes is the deserved winner of the OGM, cause at the press conference after the Olympics she said that Medvedeva is still the best.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Dear, you seemed to build up an entire conspiracy theory in which I personally don't believe.
I don't see what would be the big purpose of preventing Zagitova to be present in 2 shows. In the big picture, it is really not very important. And maybe she was invited in other shows, but she refused to go, we do not know that for sure. You are right, Zagitova was the winner of the Gold medal and as a result she received all the prizes in money, cars, apartament etc. And she even has a strong fan support on Instagram (i suppose ''someone'' is behind this group, if I were to think in terms of conspiracy theory).
"personally not believing" and various "probably" and "maybe" is your prerogative...;)

Mad for Skating

I hope Russia doesn't do what it did last year and that is NOT sending Voronov to Olys, Worlds. Once again he goes to GPF, others do not.

I can’t help liking Voronov myself. With all the Russian men bombing this season and three spots on the line, he’s got a good shot.

I don’t think there was a conspiracy against Sergei last year, but he certainly has tough luck, and I really hope it will end.

Today is Russian National Hockey Day... i would be so happy if SHE would occupy herself with hockey for a change.. :D
https://pp.userapi.com/c846523/v846523567/142bac/wWPJOEFshoE.jpg

Sotnikova... a gift that keeps on giving... off the ice..
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq04_0pn3q1/ :rofl:

Aww Adelina, I still miss her sometimes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information