Montreal chosen as host for 2020 figure skating world championships

Status
Not open for further replies.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
The good news for us in the U.S is the exchange rate is much more favorable now. My GPF ticket this year was 200 USD vs 250 CAD.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Thanks for the warning. :eek: :yikes: I hope they don't go on sale till next year...

puglover

I am missing Dash Tours who were great for me when I have gone to skating events on my own. Are there any other skating tour companies that people recommend?

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I may consider attending this, even though it is perhaps the farthest from me.

Long ago I visited Montreal in December. All I could see was the snow. So I want to see it in better climate. Summer would be perfect but worlds will be around March end. Hopefully it will be springtime, and less snow. I would like to know about the weather before I make anynpkans to attend, so I may not buy an all events ticket in advance.

peibeck

Simply looking
There was a booth for 2020 Worlds at Skate America, and the rep said tickets will probably go on sale in April or May.

Did they give you an idea of how exorbitant the tickets will be? Montreal is already on the pricey side, so I'm really curious.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series

Long ago I visited Montreal in December. All I could see was the snow. So I want to see it in better climate. Summer would be perfect but worlds will be around March end. Hopefully it will be springtime, and less snow. I would like to know about the weather before I make anynpkans to attend, so I may not buy an all events ticket in advance.

Worlds in London, Ontario was freezing with snow the same week in March that 2020 Worlds will be, so I'd plan on pretty much anything weather-wise.

Did they give you an idea of how exorbitant the tickets will be? Montreal is already on the pricey side, so I'm really curious.

I forgot to ask about the prices. Not sure if they have the information yet. They were just letting people sign up for the email list.

pat c

I could very well be wrong, but Bell Centre has 21,000 seats. London had maybe 10,000 if they were lucky, more like 7 or 8000. So, based on that your high side will probably be $1200 and low side maybe $600.00 (cheap seats). But don't quote me.

barbarafan

I could very well be wrong, but Bell Centre has 21,000 seats. London had maybe 10,000 if they were lucky, more like 7 or 8000. So, based on that your high side will probably be $1200 and low side maybe $600.00 (cheap seats). But don't quote me.

I don't find Montreal expensive...I thinks Stars on Ice Tickets were much cheaper in Mtl. Wait and see when they are closer to sale. As you move west.....starting with Ontario, it goes up and up.

peibeck

Simply looking

I hope you are right, but I won't hold my breath. :lol:

ChiquitaBanana

March is still winter time, really. As it was said, anything can happen, but snow would still be common and not unusual. But eh, I love snow! :) https://www.whereandwhen.net/when/north-america/quebec/montreal/march/

tamms

I was considering going to Japan for ’19 Worlds but I think it’s a better idea to attend the Montreal one. At least we can drive up from Boston. Now if ticket sale day can come faster…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information