NBC NBCSN Broadcast Schedule 2018-2019

Sylvia

TBD
Thanks, @maureenfarone! :) Copying out the Grand Prix series TV broadcast dates/times (in Eastern time):

Skate America
Saturday, Oct. 20
6 - 8 p.m. NBCSN (Live)

Sunday, Oct. 21
12:30 - 1:30 p.m. NBC
4 - 6 p.m. NBCSN (Live)

Saturday, Oct. 27
Skate America (recap)
3 - 6 p.m. NBC

Skate Canada International
Sunday, Oct. 28
4 - 6 p.m. NBC

Grand Prix Finland
Sunday, Nov. 4
1 - 3 p.m. NBC

NHK Trophy
Sunday, Nov. 11
12 - 1:30 p.m. NBC

Rostelecom Cup
Sunday, Nov. 18
12 - 1:30 p.m. NBC

Internationaux de France
Sunday, Nov. 25
4 - 6 p.m. NBC

Grand Prix Final
Friday, Dec. 7
11:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. NBCSN

Saturday, Dec. 8
8 – 10 p.m. NBCSN

Sunday, Dec. 9
4 - 6 p.m. NBC

Another link: https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/10/01/figure-skating-tv-schedule-nbc/

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Hot off the presses!

http://usfsa.org/story?id=91827&type=media

This schedule doesn't look complete as it doesn't include the Olympic Channel coverage referenced here:

Beginning with Skate America, NBC Sports Group will present an unprecedented 80+ hours of coverage, including 30+ hours of figure skating coverage on NBC, with an additional 50+ hours airing on NBCSN. Additional programming plus encores of NBC and NBCSN figure skating coverage will be presented on the Olympic Channel: Home of Team USA

Sylvia

TBD
"... plus encores of NBC and NBCSN figure skating coverage will be presented on the Olympic Channel"

Being the post-Olympic season, I would not be surprised if what's listed is all we get. :(

ETA: I missed seeing the "Additional programming" at the beginning of the sentence ... maybe there's still hope?

love skating

Clueless American
"
ETA: I missed seeing the "Additional programming" at the beginning of the sentence ... maybe there's still hope?

Gosh I hope so, the Olympic Channel's broadcasting was the best last year. This schedule (for the Grand Prix at least) is pretty bare and I will be very disappointed if more isn't shown on the Olympic Channel other than repeats. But I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case to get more people to subscribe to the NBC app. :(

laviemn

"... plus encores of NBC and NBCSN figure skating coverage will be presented on the Olympic Channel"

Being the post-Olympic season, I would not be surprised if what's listed is all we get. :(

If the Olympic Channel doesn't fill in the gaps, then there would be no TV broadcasts of the Pairs Short and the Free Dance at Worlds. :( and :mad:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The “additional coverage” on Olympic Channel will surely include most SPs coverage and even couples’ LPs/FDs (Prs & Dnc).

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I’m starting to think that the majority of live coverage will be via the Figure Skating Pass on NBC Sports Gold. I’ll be on the edge of my seat waiting 7-10 days for my service providers to push out the remaining October programming schedules. Not that I have anything against watching via Gold, but I’m spoiled with my TiVo capabilities and prefer broadcast to stream when I have a choice.

TanithandBenFan

I’m starting to think that the majority of live coverage will be via the Figure Skating Pass on NBC Sports Gold. I’ll be on the edge of my seat waiting 7-10 days for my service providers to push out the remaining October programming schedules. Not that I have anything against watching via Gold, but I’m spoiled with my TiVo capabilities and prefer broadcast to stream when I have a choice.

My cable guide goes out two weeks, so I'll be able to see this weekend if there's Skate America SP coverage scheduled on the Olympic Channel.

A.H.Black

It looks very much like NBC is pushing the Figure Skating Pass and that is the only way we will see extensive coverage of the Grand Prix. I will probably wait for youtube videos.

TanithandBenFan

I think the "additional programming" referenced in the press release probably means the same type of coverage we saw last year. Otherwise, what's the point of the Olympic Channel. They don't have that many sports to cover.

SpeedySucks

I think the "additional programming" referenced in the press release probably means the same type of coverage we saw last year. Otherwise, what's the point of the Olympic Channel. They don't have that many sports to cover.

Exactly, I will be very surprised if we don’t get full coverage on the Olympic Channel. They need the programming that skating provides.

laviemn

I'm really hoping this is not accurate.

https://www.teamusa.org/olympic-channel-broadcast-schedule

It looks very much like NBC is pushing the Figure Skating Pass and that is the only way we will see extensive coverage of the Grand Prix. I will probably wait for youtube videos.

If NBC is pushing the pass this much, I think they'll be aggressive about blocking Youtube uploads. Just when I finally have Olympic Ch plus unlimited recording through YoutubeTV, and I really don't want to pay for yet another streaming service.

A.H.Black

If NBC is pushing the pass this much, I think they'll be aggressive about blocking Youtube uploads. Just when I finally have Olympic Ch plus unlimited recording through YoutubeTV, and I really don't want to pay for yet another streaming service.
I'm sure NBC will try to block Youtube videos, as you say. However, there are many other countries broadcasting the Grand Prix. Other than Skate America (which NBC is showing a lot of) the rest of the Grand Prix should have videos uploaded quickly. I always like watching the Eurosport videos anyway.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I just wish my cable provider would offer the Olympic Channel. Boo hiss.

Make sure its not offered in a higher tier. I have it with Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) and Olympic Channel last year broadcast so much content!!!!

P.S. Once figure skating season is over I cancel that tier. I believe its 7.95 per month.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World

This is the figure skating schedule for NBC and NBCSN Note: this is not for NBC Sports Gold.

This schedule is from October 1st, 2018 and is accurate:

Figure Skating Season TV Schedule for NBC Sports - Olympic Talk

It begins Saturday, Oct. 20th with Skate America - 6-8 p.m. Eastern time on NBCSN (Live).

Just editing to add that Heather has updated her figure skating TV schedule:

Figure Skating TV Schedule

What I like about Heather's schedule is the fact that she has a printable version of it.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

mollymgr

According to this schedule, all the Olympic Channel broadcasts, including the short programs, are being aired the week after Skate America.
I looked at my Xfinity guide and the Olympic Channel is airing the Youth Olympics, some live Archery and marathons up to the Saturday of Skate America.

A.H.Black

I just checked this link: https://www.teamusa.org/olympic-channel-broadcast-schedule which laviemn provided above and programs from SA are now on the schedule. The programs on this schedule have not been added to the broadcast schedule for NBC/NBCSN.
According to this schedule, all the Olympic Channel broadcasts, including the short programs, are being aired the week after Skate America.
Good news. I know some fans will be upset they don't get to see it live on the Olympic Channel. It doesn't matter to me as long as it is shown. I can never watch live anyway. So now it looks like NBC is still pushing the Figure Skating Pass for those who want to watch live.

love skating

Clueless American
I'm disappointed in the delay, as we often had live coverage last year or at least same day coverage - but I'm happy they are at least showing short programs eventually. I can wait, but it's disappointing that they have this whole Olympic Channel to use but instead they choose to promote the (paid) app over the (paid) channel. I guess it's where the money is or where they hope it will be. Or maybe it's just the future of TV watching in general as things are all going the streaming route.

TanithandBenFan

I wish they would release the full Olympic Channel schedule for the GP series so I can know for sure whether to cancel the sports package. If they're not showing anything live, I have no use for it.

mollymgr

The Olympic Channel seems like a waste of a network. All they have is fillers, reruns and infomercials with very few live events. I have a feeling it won't be around much longer if they don't have any content. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information