Ksenia Stolbova has a new partner?

Mad for Skating

It is totally possible that she is just working on her other skills to not lose them while she waits for her healing to finish. I wouldn't worry until you see a post of SBS jumps.

That's very possible! I truly hope that's the case. Ksenia and Fedor are too magical together to just split.

reut

I tried to understand where those rumors are coming from. The only place I see is Russian forum ("new" FSO), they discuss what Vaytsekhovskaya wrote in her blog a week ago, on July the 1st. She mentioned that when she is back from her work trip to Mundial she'll go to see "her favourite lady pair skater with her new partner". When people tried to guess who she is talking about, she added: "I have only one favourite". Since then people on that forum tried to guess who is her one favourite lady in pair skating, the list was not long and Ksenia was one of few possible candidates. Vaytsekhovskaya has too many comments in her blog for me to read them all so I have no idea if in the end she went to see that favourite skater of hers but I trust fans on the forum to write it there as soon as she mentions something... Was there any other source?

Update: I saw discussion on "Russian thread" just now.

Kateri

void beast
I tried to understand where those rumors are coming from. The only place I see is Russian forum ("new" FSO), they discuss what Vaytsekhovskaya wrote in her blog a week ago, on July the 1st. She mentioned that when she is back from her work trip to Mundial she'll go to see "her favourite lady pair skater with her new partner". When people tried to guess who she is talking about, she added: "I have only one favourite". Since then people on that forum tried to guess who is her one favourite lady in pair skating, the list was not long and Ksenia was one of few possible candidates. Vaytsekhovskaya has too many comments in her blog for me to read them all so I have no idea if in the end she went to see that favourite skater of hers but I trust fans on the forum to write it there as soon as she mentions something... Was there any other source?

Update: I saw discussion on "Russian thread" just now.
For anyone else who missed the other thread: this video is what's got people het up.

hanca

Values her privacy
If it was really true that Stolbova/Klimov split up, I would think that Stolbova pairing with Rogonov would make sense, because at least she would have a partner of appropriate level. It is not as if there was a long queue of partners of comparable standard to Klimov. But apparently Rogonov’s new partner is not Stolbova...

Cherub721

YEAH!
I haven't logged into FSO in years... so it's gone now? Can someone please provide a link to the "new" FSO?

reut

I haven't logged into FSO in years... so it's gone now? Can someone please provide a link to the "new" FSO?

No, the "old" one is not gone, but less active. So when I need to check fresh rumours I go to the new one. There they are "over" active, so sometimes it's hard to find things. For example, I checked Ksenia/Fedor's personal thread, but now I see the much bigger discussion is in a completely different topic. I'm afraid I don't have enough time to read them all, so I hope to see the "final" result somewhere here. :)

Daena

Ooooh, it's escalates so quickly. From "New FSO": "Stories video is with Slusarenko as a coach. Stolbova is in Perm with Nikolai Morozov and Andrey Novoselov"

I love Russian figure skating, it gives more drama than Mexican telenovelas. The only trope they didn't cover yet is evil twin.

ivagall

Well, according to some "insides" from new FSO, for their rumoured new partners (it still can be fake, mind you): Rogonov has a girl from St.Petersburg, Stolbova's new partner is 30 yo and "you will fell from your chairs when you know her name" for Klimov.
Volosozhar would be pretty much the only name that would make me fall from my chair. I'm loving this off-season, not one dull moment. :watch:

zebraswan

Well, according to some "insides" from new FSO, for their rumoured new partners (it still can be fake, mind you): Rogonov has a girl from St.Petersburg, Stolbova's new partner is 30 yo and "you will fell from your chairs when you know her name" for Klimov.

Ksenia is from SPB and Rogonov is 30! :cheer2:I guess that would just be too good to be true though.

Daena

Volosozhar would be pretty much the only name that would make me fall from my chair. I'm loving this off-season, not one dull moment. :watch:
Nay. "Insider" says it will be ridiculous and laughable. "falling from chairs moment" but not in good way.
More tea: rumor has it Morozov is free for hunting again. Lock up your daughters. Don't lock up your wives tho.

Upd. Pah. It's Elena Radionova, I mean, for Klimov.
Nah, I am sitting safely on my chair.
Just FYI - I think it's all rubbish, just some kind of hysteria on forums and social media but it's soooo entertaining.

zebraswan

Nay. "Insider" says it will be ridiculous and laughable. "falling from chairs moment" but not in good way.

I don't understand...why would they break up just for both of them to downgrade? I can understand if they just had enough of each other, or if one of them just felt like finishing their career, but you don't trade in a Ferrari for a Pinto. You just don't.

Bigbird

I don't understand...why would they break up just for both of them to downgrade? I can understand if they just had enough of each other, or if one of them just felt like finishing their career, but you don't trade in a Ferrari for a Pinto. You just don't.

Well, Drozd left Loboda for Staviskaya didn't even try out with Ilinykh may have to skate with his sister for a while, ehem. Katsalapov left Ilinykh for Sinitsina, Ilinykh left Shibnev to team up with Lipnitskaya to have a real life and maybe Vasilisa has finally come to her senses when it comes to Morozov. Vasilisa gave Shibnev the boot, while Loboda might skate with him next. Cannot make this stuff up, OIR :).

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The only trope they didn't cover yet is evil twin.
That was the Tessa Virtue storyline.

Well, Drozd left Loboda for Staviskaya didn't even try out with Ilinykh may have to skate with his sister for a while, ehem.
They could think out of the box and ignore all of the brother/sister taboos and skate as Sieglinde and Siegmund. [j/k]

Bigbird

That was the Tessa Virtue storyline.

They could think out of the box and ignore all of the brother/sister taboos and skate as Sieglinde and Siegmund. [j/k]

:rofl: We need a fake baby story, somewhere we need a fake baby story.

So with all this getting married and going on vacations when will Anna P. actually train? Enquiring minds are just mildly curious. Hehe....

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So what does this expression 'tons of tea' mean. And referring to rumors as tea? I'm sure it's very interested and I'm dying to know!

bladesofgorey

Ooooh, it's escalates so quickly. From "New FSO": "Stories video is with Slusarenko as a coach. Stolbova is in Perm with Nikolai Morozov and Andrey Novoselov"

I love Russian figure skating, it gives more drama than Mexican telenovelas. The only trope they didn't cover yet is evil twin.
LOL.

Anyway, Morozov was def in NJ as of this Friday if that helps separate fact from fiction.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Well, looking at the video that was posted, my thought went immediately to Rogonov. How tall is he vs Stolbova?? If true, I mean sign me up and beam me up Scottie!!! I'm on board to infinity! :D :swoon: :inavoid: :cheer2: :encore:

I mean, I'm gasping to catch my breath. Put them on top already as #1 Russian team. :rollin: Please heal quickly, safely and thoroughly Ksenia. :saint:

What I love and I haven't even read but two or three posts in this thread so far is the fact that Alexei is so macho sexy and charming, while Ksenia is like a bolt of lightning. She's a stick of dynomite, banked and simmering just waiting to blaze to life on the ice. Kristina was well-matched physically with Alexei but she was somewhat more cold and reserved in demeanor, often unreadable. Fedor is handsome and charming and he's obviously one of the best pairs partners in the world, but he and Ksenia were always opposites who did not really attract, but who were technically and physically well-matched. There was very little spark though.

If I'm right about how I sense Alexei's and Ksenia's personalities and their mutual to-the-death passion for figure skating, I mean get on board and fasten your seatbelts! Oh dearie, have I lost my mind yet or what? :D No confirmation and I'm salivating already. Lord have mercy... :nopryde: :40beers:

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
An "insider/EV" said it is def. not Rogonov.

Oh well, hope always springs eternal. I got very ahead of myself there. I don't even know if Alexei's and Ksenia's heights would be comptatible for pairs skating (ETA: Alexei Rogonov is listed as 5'11" which is probably a stretch. He seems more like 5'9" or 5' 10"; and Ksenia is listed as 5'2" -- I would have thought she was a tad taller than that).

In any case, I was thinking of the fiery passion and sexiness that both Alexei and Ksenia exude. Plus I was hoping Alexei could find a new partner quickly.

Is it at least true then that Ksenia is partnering with someone new?

ETA:
This off-season has been so busy and full of rumors and unexpected developments. If Rogonov does have a new partner who is not actually Ksenia, then who is she? And will she and Rogonov be coached by Dmitriev too?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information