Anna Duskova / Martin Bidar split announced; both aim to continue with new partners

Tinami Amori

In the first article you attached it says “it is recommended to use a one-word in foreign languages, if it is not necessary to use the formal name of the country.” So that sort of confirms what I am saying. The formal name remain the Czech Republic. But thank you for enclosing the link.

I didn’t even bother to read through the others then.
look, i loved Chekoslovakia back in the days, and now love Czechia and Slovakia.... if a Czech person prefers to hear Czech Republic, i will say "Czech Republic"... it's your country (but Czechia is a legit name, and so is Chechian by grammar)....ne konce sveta! "Czech" it is :D

hanca

Values her privacy
look, i loved Chekoslovakia back in the days, and now love Czechia and Slovakia.... if a Czech person prefers to hear Czech Republic, i will say "Czech Republic"... it's your country (but Czechia is a legit name, and so is Chechian by grammar)....ne konce sveta! "Czech" it is :D
I am not prefering to hear Czech Republic to Czechia, I don’t care either way, but the adjective is Czech and not Czechian. And Czech Republic is not my country...

Eislauffan

I heard about Martin having a try-out with a Russian girl (will not disclose the name now since obviously he didn't want to make public with whom he was trying out when he covered the face on IG, plus it also might have been a different girl). If he skates with a Russian girl, I'm not sure how going to Canada would work (money, visa etc.).

Strange that there are no news on Anna, since she stated in that article that she has a new partner and will announce soon who it is. Maybe it didn't happen after all.

Rock2

Martin is tall and a beast of a guy (in a good way). Given that Anna didn't look super tiny next to him I wonder how easy it will be to repartner. I think she's in the 5/2 or 5/3 range which for a pair girl isn't exactly tiny. Strikes me as sort of a Justine Brasseur type. You can just see her in pairs but it has to be the right partner who will be able to handle her.

I'm surprised she found someone so quickly, given her apparent lack of willingness to relocate.

Now that mentioned Brasseur, I checked out Bardei's Insta. Seems he stopped posting in Jan from Montreal and has since married. His wife has posted in the past week from Montreal so it doesn't look like he has gone anywhere. Cancel that mental thread drift....

RoseRed

I heard about Martin having a try-out with a Russian girl (will not disclose the name now since obviously he didn't want to make public with whom he was trying out when he covered the face on IG, plus it also might have been a different girl). If he skates with a Russian girl, I'm not sure how going to Canada would work (money, visa etc.).

Strange that there are no news on Anna, since she stated in that article that she has a new partner and will announce soon who it is. Maybe it didn't happen after all.
I would think visa would be the bigger issue. He said he wanted to skate for Czechia still, so there would be no money from the Russian Fed no matter where they trained.

Eislauffan

I would think visa would be the bigger issue. He said he wanted to skate for Czechia still, so there would be no money from the Russian Fed no matter where they trained.

Obviously, the Czech Federation would need to pay, and the question will be can they and will they? Also, Russia has to release the girl. But we don't know if he is going to team up with her in the end. ;-)

hanca

Values her privacy
Which country will they skate for and who is their coach?
Well, Russian pairs are quite full still and they wouldn’t be sent to Europeans and worlds, so they will very likely skate for the CR.

Re: the coach, the gossip on the Russian forum said Pavlova, but whether it is true...

hanca

Values her privacy
Well, that explains that there were no news about her. Although there was an article in Czech newspapers naming the guy. It is a junior pair guy, I forgot his name. But I guess they didn’t skate much together before she got injured, so there was not much news to write.

hanca

Values her privacy
It seems that there is some problem in Osipova/Bidar’s partnership. About a week ago there was a photo of them posted and the Czech federation wrote something like ‘if this work out, it will be great!’ but yesterday there was an article that Bidar is still looking for a partner. They mentioned that he tried to skate with Osipova, (which is apparently good because at least he could practice) but as she won’t be able to represent Czechia in this coming season, he may have to continue searching for a new partner. They made it sound as if the partnership with Osipova was temporary or just a try out. It sounded a bit weird, because they were blaming the ‘complicated situation’ - her being a foreigner and therefore not being able to compete in 2018-19 as a reason on why he has to keep looking for a new partner, which surely they would have noticed when they got together that she is not a Czech girl? Osipova competed internationally only one competition and it was more than a year ago, and therefore if I understand correctly, ISU rules are not preventing her to compete for another country this coming season. So wonder where the problem is. Did Russia refused to release her? Did they learned from releasing Alexandrovskaya?

And the explanations about practicing with Osipova also sounds a bit dodgy. Wouldn’t every partner have a different timing on many pair elements? So practising temporarily with Osipova would not be that helpful.

http://flutz.ru/dushkova-vystupit-v-novom-sezone-bidar-eshhyo-ishhet-partnyorshu/

https://sport.idnes.cz/krasobruslen...-fpx-/sporty.aspx?c=A180627_124928_sporty_rou

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Hmmm, Nika looks petite as Martin is easily holding her aloft in a one-arm lift. I'll be interested to see how this new pair for Czech Rep will fare...
It won’t if he is still searching. It’s a pity, I like Osipova as a skater.

barbarafan

It seems that there is some problem in Osipova/Bidar’s partnership. About a week ago there was a photo of them posted and the Czech federation wrote something like ‘if this work out, it will be great!’ but yesterday there was an article that Bidar is still looking for a partner. They mentioned that he tried to skate with Osipova, (which is apparently good because at least he could practice) but as she won’t be able to represent Czechia in this coming season, he may have to continue searching for a new partner. They made it sound as if the partnership with Osipova was temporary or just a try out. It sounded a bit weird, because they were blaming the ‘complicated situation’ - her being a foreigner and therefore not being able to compete in 2018-19 as a reason on why he has to keep looking for a new partner, which surely they would have noticed when they got together that she is not a Czech girl? Osipova competed internationally only one competition and it was more than a year ago, and therefore if I understand correctly, ISU rules are not preventing her to compete for another country this coming season. So wonder where the problem is. Did Russia refused to release her? Did they learned from releasing Alexandrovskaya?

And the explanations about practicing with Osipova also sounds a bit dodgy. Wouldn’t every partner have a different timing on many pair elements? So practising temporarily with Osipova would not be that helpful.

http://flutz.ru/dushkova-vystupit-v-novom-sezone-bidar-eshhyo-ishhet-partnyorshu/

https://sport.idnes.cz/krasobruslen...-fpx-/sporty.aspx?c=A180627_124928_sporty_rou

It is possible that Russia will not release her....It took a long time before Lubov was released and even when they said they would release her it took forever for them to do it and it only happened when Antipova's dad was going to do a big interview with the press against the Fed. and the coach (they were very unsure at this point if she would survive). And at the time Russia had several great teams competing so right now not so much.

hanca

Values her privacy
It is possible that Russia will not release her....It took a long time before Lubov was released and even when they said they would release her it took forever for them to do it and it only happened when Antipova's dad was going to do a big interview with the press against the Fed. and the coach (they were very unsure at this point if she would survive). And at the time Russia had several great teams competing so right now not so much.
But since then they released quite a few skaters and much better than Osipova.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Oh, I didn't notice that questionable development @hanca. I mean good luck Czech federation with your meddling requirements. The uppermost concern is finding a skilled and compatible partner for Martin, not just finding someone who can begin skating with him this season. :duh::drama:

hanca

Values her privacy
That is good news. I did not know.
Well, since Iliuschetchkina they released Alexandrovskaya to skate for Australia, Khaliavin to skate for Spain, Stepanov (for azerbaijan), Souza-Kordeiru (for Croatia), Yanowskaya (for Hungary), Chernivskaya (Israel), Tkachenko (Israel)... i think there is much more but this is who I immediately thought about.

In comparison with some of them, Nika Osipova is no one. E.g. Yanowskaya was world junior champion, whereas Osipova wasn’t sent even to JGP.

hanca

Values her privacy
Oh, I didn't notice that questionable development @hanca. I mean good luck Czech federation with your meddling requirements. The uppermost concern is finding a skilled and compatible partner for Martin, not just finding someone who can begin skating with him this season. :duh::drama:
What exactly do you mean by OUR meddling requirements? I didn’t meddle in anything, so I do find your post a bit offensive... you blaming me for the actions of Czech skating federation is a bit like if I was blaming you for the actions of the Russian president. I don’t live in the czechia and the actions of czech skating federation are nothing I could ever influence in any way, so why is it OUR meddling?

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
What exactly do you mean by OUR meddling requirements? I didn’t meddle in anything, so I do find your post a bit offensive... you blaming me for the actions of Czech skating federation is a bit like if I was blaming you for the actions of the Russian president. I don’t live in the czechia and the actions of czech skating federation are nothing I could ever influence in any way, so why is it OUR meddling?

Sorry you misunderstood my reference. I don't know what country you come from, and I wasn't referring to you when I said 'your.' I was speaking of Czech fed only, or whoever is involved in telling Martin what he can and can't do. You had indicated it is rumored the possible partnership with Osipova is probably not going to happen because Czech fed wants Martin to find someone with whom he can begin skating with right away who will not have citizenship or release problems.

I was merely indicating my feeling that Czech fed should not meddle or interfere with Martin finding a compatible partner because that's more important in the long run. If they base it more on release and citizenship and starting competition right away, Martin could end up with someone who fits those requirements but who may not ultimately work out for him in more important partnership compatibility aspects.

D

Deleted member 40371

Yes, Antipova's dad was fighting for Lubov rather than his daughter, keep up with your wack theories.

I hope Russia doesn't release athletes to countries that wanted Russia to be banned from winter games, why would you release to these countries. The attitude is like, now that we got our Russian, lets ban Russians so that our Russian wins medal.

hanca

Values her privacy
Sorry you misunderstood my reference. I don't know what country you come from, and I wasn't referring to you when I said 'your.' I was speaking of Czech fed only, or whoever is involved in telling Martin what he can and can't do. You had indicated it is rumored the possible partnership with Osipova is probably not going to happen because Czech fed wants Martin to find someone with whom he can begin skating with right away who will not have citizenship or release problems.

I was merely indicating my feeling that Czech fed should not meddle or interfere with Martin finding a compatible partner because that's more important in the long run. If they base it more on release and citizenship and starting competition right away, Martin could end up with someone who fits those requirements but who may not ultimately work out for him in more important partnership compatibility aspects.

I don’t think it is the federation who is telling Bidar what to do.

To be fair, it was written such way that it may or may not happen. There was not written ‘he will get another partner’, it was more ‘he may have to get another parner, because with Osipova the situation is very complicated...’. At the same time it mentioned that Czech test skates are in September, so that makes me wonder whether they imagine that he would find someone that fast and gel with the person so quickly... also, if he goes ahead and finds another partner, how does he know that her situation with being released will be any different (unless he finds a Czech girl)?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information