Downtown Jason Brown - Let the Good Times Roll (uber thread #2)

DreamSkates

Missing being on the Olympic team was a major disappoint for Jason. The quad didn't work (although he reported he could rotate in practice), his triple axel fell apart. I think he was over choreographed - which I enjoy watching, but his technical was not up to par with the other men. And won't be from now on. Not with Chen and Zhou nipping at the podium's heels.

Sylvia

TBD
If anything her skaters are known to underrotate their jumps <snip>
Didn’t Tammy poach the French jump coach that helped Jason develop his quad? Richard whatshisface and Karen Chen give me literally no confidence in her coaching tho sry2say.
Um, even though I think Jason was just having fun at the Riverside rink last week, Richard Dornbush and Brendan Kerry had no problems rotating their jumps (3A & quads) when they were with Gambill, and Sean Rabbitt has been consistent with his triples through Lutz. Also, that's a big assumption, posting about anyone "poaching" Restencourt.

Sorry for the OT.

Anyway, it's good to see Jason has been enjoying his down time in the California desert lately, including taking in Serena Williams' first round tennis match in Indian Wells! :)

Last edited:

Tavi

Missing being on the Olympic team was a major disappoint for Jason. The quad didn't work (although he reported he could rotate in practice), his triple axel fell apart. I think he was over choreographed - which I enjoy watching, but his technical was not up to par with the other men. And won't be from now on. Not with Chen and Zhou nipping at the podium's heels.

I’m kind of wondering why you would post such a negative comment in this thread.

katmari

Um, even though I think Jason was just having fun at the Riverside rink last week, Richard Dornbush and Brendan Kerry had no problems rotating their jumps (3A & quads) when they were with Gambill, and Sean Rabbitt has been consistent with his triples through Lutz. Also, that's a big assumption, posting about anyone "poaching" Restencourt.

Sorry for the OT.

Anyway, it's good to see Jason has been enjoying his down time in the California desert lately, including taking in Serena Williams' first round tennis match in Indian Wells! :)

Thanks for posting the full skater names. I always appreciate the extra effort you take to provide accurate information. :)

From various instagram posts over the last day or so, Jason is still spending time at the Icetown rink.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgRfR8zAel0/?taken-by=alaynnahquetzal
https://www.instagram.com/p/BgQKC8lAL2u/?taken-by=takaya.skate

DreamSkates

I’m kind of wondering why you would post such a negative comment in this thread.
Wasn't meant as a negative comment. His reality, and I was so hoping to see him at the Olympics. His change of coach may mean he feels he can go further with his skating technically and is seeking a person who can assist him in that direction.
I am a Jason fan, and would like to see him keep his standing or increase it, internationally.

Tavi

Wasn't meant as a negative comment. His reality, and I was so hoping to see him at the Olympics. His change of coach may mean he feels he can go further with his skating technically and is seeking a person who can assist him in that direction.
I am a Jason fan, and would like to see him keep his standing or increase it, internationally.

Thanks for explaining - it’s hard to say anything without knowing what’s going on with his coaching situation, but if he is making a coaching change, I would assume mastering 3A/4T/4S would be a priority.

If he can do that - and there’s no way of knowing whether he can at this point - he could be competitive. It also depends on how the ISU tweaks the scoring system and how judges award PCS and GOE going forward. But one thing that struck me about the men’s competition at the Olympics was that it wasn’t the two guys with the most quads or the highest BV - Nathan and Vincent - who medaled.

DreamSkates

Thanks for explaining - it’s hard to say anything without knowing what’s going on with his coaching situation, but if he is making a coaching change, I would assume mastering 3A/4T/4S would be a priority.

If he can do that - and there’s no way of knowing whether he can at this point - he could be competitive. It also depends on how the ISU tweaks the scoring system and how judges award PCS and GOE going forward. But one thing that struck me about the men’s competition at the Olympics was that it wasn’t the two guys with the most quads or the highest BV - Nathan and Vincent - who medaled.
And he did have a triple axel and TA combo at one time so there is no reason he can't get that back. And his programs are packed with components. Figure skating needs skaters like him!

Tavi

And he did have a triple axel and TA combo at one time so there is no reason he can't get that back. And his programs are packed with components. Figure skating needs skaters like him!
He got nearly +2.00 GOE on his 3A combo at 4CCs, so I would guess it’s not far off.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Doesn’t Tammy coach Yaroslav Paniot? I have only seen him at Liberty, but he had beautiful quads there. Even *I* could tell they were good. I have no idea if he learned them from Tammy, but at least he didn’t lose them:D

If Jason gets just one of those jumps, and Yaroslav gets one quarter of Jason’s performance skills, that’s a win-win.;)

katmari

Desert Ice Castle has posted another Jason video (there are two videos in the post):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BgW9PiMl...eserticecastle

deserticecastle Happy Thursday skaters! Sometimes you gotta just have fun on ice not only about boring trainings 🤗 we love having @jasonbskates here ⛸💛 #tbt #jasonbrown #deserticecastle #figureskating #skaterstar #wow #fun #thegreatestshowman #notenough

These videos make me miss Jason's skating even more!

RE: Choreography

Jason recently liked a tweet from a person hoping Rohene would continue to do his choreography so I think we'll continue to see Rohene programs from time to time.

I am interested in seeing how someone else choreographs Jason. I think it will be good for Jason to experience working with other people and getting used to different program styles.

Sylvia

TBD

katmari

Absolute Skating tweeted a link to an interview with Shingo Nishiyama (the young Japanese skater in the photo with Jason at the Cricket Club) and he had very nice words to say about Jason:

Are there any skaters you’ve watched recently and felt impressed by?
Jason Brown, he is nothing short of excellent! His style is a bit different than mine but if you ask me who moved me the most, I’d name him first. And Misha Ge at Four Continents, it was fantastic!

The interview was done back in February during the Olympics so meeting Jason just a few months later must have been a big thrill for him.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Absolute Skating tweeted a link to an interview with Shingo Nishiyama (the young Japanese skater in the photo with Jason at the Cricket Club) and he had very nice words to say about Jason:

The interview was done back in February during the Olympics so meeting Jason just a few months later must have been a big thrill for him.

Thanks for the link. I had never heard of Shingo until I saw the photo of him with Jason, but judging from his interview, he sounds like a skater to keep an eye on.

And that photo with the article of Shingo smiling on the ice during a program has Jason levels of sunshine:)

katmari

Thanks for the link. I had never heard of Shingo until I saw the photo of him with Jason, but judging from his interview, he sounds like a skater to keep an eye on.

And that photo with the article of Shingo smiling on the ice during a program has Jason levels of sunshine:)

He does sound like our kind of skater and some one to watch out for in the future.

Here's a 45 second snip of Jason's Can't Stop the Feeling number:

https://twitter.com/HATerrio7/status/985321324372512770

Including ... not 1 ... not 2 ... not 3 ... but 4 split jumps in a row. :eek:

We really need a split jump emoticon.

ETA:

I found a video of Jason's complete performance to Can't Stop the Feeling on vimeo:

https://vimeo.com/263979250

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
VLOG - Getting Back Up: My Post Nationals Story (May 4, 2018): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OltR5dekKGg
Hey Everyone! It's me. I know my 2017/2018 skating season has been over for quite some time, but I wanted to share some of my thoughts with you all. It wasn't an easy season, and "all my dreams didn't come true," but the lessons live learned and the growth I have made since makes the season itself priceless and irreplaceable. Do I wish to relive any of it? Absolutely Not! But I am loving the person I am becoming and maturing into because of the past experience I had to deal with and face head on. I would like to thank everyone for all their continued love and support throughout the year. It means so much to me! I love you all and I can't wait for you to see what I have in store for next year!! I'm not giving up, I'm not done fighting, and I know I have a lot more to give!!! The journey continues… Much Love, Jason
:respec:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information