Kurt Browning and Sonia Rodriguez

Rafter

I heard last week from a source that they’re divorced now. :sekret: Just wondering if anyone else has heard this? It’s sad if true, they seemed like a great couple. At the risk of rehashing the wedding ring debate in the Sasha Cohen marriage thread, I will say I noticed he stopped wearing his wedding ring a couple years ago so it’s probably true. :(

On an unrelated note, my husband can’t believe he’s hawking reverse mortgages on TV in Canada. :lol:

skategal

Bunny mama
I noticed the missing wedding ring so I did wonder. :(

My 7 year-old son saw the reverse mortgage commercial and after Kurt did the backflip he exclaimed "I'm going to do a back flip too when I am 55." :rofl:

And yeah, my husband said the same thing that he can't believe Kurt is doing those commercials.

jenniferlyon

I don't know anything about Kurt's private life, but I have seen the reverse mortgage ads on CBC. Donald Jackson is in one of them.

bbkenn

I heard last week from a source that they’re divorced now. :sekret: Just wondering if anyone else has heard this? It’s sad if true, they seemed like a great couple. At the risk of rehashing the wedding ring debate in the Sasha Cohen marriage thread, I will say I noticed he stopped wearing his wedding ring a couple years ago so it’s probably true. :(

On an unrelated note, my husband can’t believe he’s hawking reverse mortgages on TV in Canada. :lol:

I've looked everywhere on line and there is no truth to this rumor. They are still happily married.

Jot the Dot Dot

Headstrong Buzzard
They divorced some time ago, but happily co parent and have both moved on with other significant others
Yeah yeah, I hear Kurt has shacked up with Tennis icon Chris Evert (well after all, she married a tennis champ, a champion skier and a golf pro, so I'm guessing a Rugby player wasn't available), and Sonia has joined the cast of Instinct along with Alan Cumming, where she portrays Secret Agent P. Rowette. Then I convinced my source to get back on her meds. Granny, you have quite the imagination.......

Rafter

I think it's pretty clear from the original post that it is an unofficial, private source.

Yes thank you. All I’ll say is I heard it through the private school scene in Toronto. I did hear they are on very good terms.

Judy

:lol: Except when he proposed to Sonia in front of 20,000 people at the ACC during a SOI stop.

Yes but he’s never really shared much of his private life other than that. I wouldn’t see the point of him or her really keeping secret about this though.

dramagrrl

Very old news
How could it be "very old news" when they were still married as of summer 2017? There are several articles about both of them from June and July 2017 where their marriage is mentioned and even spoken about by one or the other in the interviews.

Yes but he’s never really shared much of his private life other than that. I wouldn’t see the point of him or her really keeping secret about this though.
I wouldn't say he's necessarily been private about his personal life. His previous long-term relationship before Sonia was documented in his autobiography and he also spoke about her (Monique Kavelaars) in the media and was photographed with her many times when they were dating. He has given interviews over the years about his family life with Sonia and his two sons.

WillyElliot

Tanning one day, then wearing a winter coat today.
I've looked everywhere on line and there is no truth to this rumor. They are still happily married.

LOL!!! Wow, now THAT'S a stretch! Since you couldn't find anything online about their divorce, you can declare that there is no truth to this rumor. Not only that, you gleaned from said lack of online info that they are still "happily" married?!?! Wow, I wish I had your positive mental attitude! (I am married, but I would never say "happily", because I'm too cynical. Comfortably married, I suppose... I wasn't born with PMA)

Last edited:

Judy

LOL!!! Wow, now THAT'S a stretch! Since you couldn't find anything online about their divorce, you can declare that there is no truth to this rumor. Not only that, you gleaned from said lack of online info that they are still "happily" married?!?! Wow, I wish I had your positive mental attitude! (I am married, but I would never say "happily", because I'm too cynical. Comfortably married, I suppose... I wasn't born with PMA)

Why the nastiness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information