Glamour Puss thread: Sephora, I wish I could quit you...

Jenny

From the Bloc
$115??? That seems like a lot, but then again what do I know. I've had a few department store makeovers and of course they've always been free pending buying stuff.

Had one at Chanel a couple of years ago that did a good job and provided a lot of tips that I still use every day, and several of the products are still part of my daily routine. Last year I did one at Charlotte Tilbury and it was WAY over the top for me (Kylie Jenner brows, seriously!), but it was fun and we had a good time chatting through it together. Love the product line though - it's virtually taken over my makeup bag in recent months :)

Habs

A bitch from Canada
I always do my own makeup. Even for my own wedding I did it myself.

I did go for a pre wedding consult and bought some new products though.

Then just recreated the look myself, using a much softer touch and with less product.

I wasn't crazy about the idea of having my makeup done anyway, but after I found out the price, I treated myself to a couple of new things at Sephora and enjoyed not having black eyeliner on all day. :lol:

skategal

Bunny mama
I wasn't crazy about the idea of having my makeup done anyway, but after I found out the price, I treated myself to a couple of new things at Sephora and enjoyed not having black eyeliner on all day. :lol:

I would have totally done the same!

My wedding consult was free and I knew the lady doing it.

I bought the eyeshadow and lipstick she used. Loved it.

TheGirlCanSkate

I had a big swing of full face makeup, and now I am just wearing eyeliner, mascara, cheek color and lip. I've never shown so much skin! Before I put anything on I put on a couple drops of argan oil. It doesn't make me shiny like other oils. It has done wonders on my neck that was looking crepey too.

kimkom

Do you use just the pure oil or do you buy products with argon oil in them?

Does it make your hair feel heavy?

I use the Josie Maran light argan oil. I mostly use it on my face but when I use it on my hair I don't find it heavy, you only need a couple of drops.

beepbeep

Brazilian Eurotrash
Yes, one or two drops of the oil will do it. My skin is pretty oily, and it's been doing wonders (with the rest of the Caroline Hirons' like facial routine).

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I always do my own makeup. Even for my own wedding I did it myself.

I did go for a pre wedding consult and bought some new products though.

Then just recreated the look myself, using a much softer touch and with less product.
I had a professional do my wedding make up. We did a trial and I was very happy with her work. My wedding was in the daytime, mostly outside so I couldn't really look like a clown, all painted up. Plus I really wanted to look like me and not someone else which is what ends up happening with some brides when they have a pro do their look. I love how I looked in my wedding photos. The make up looked very natural, so you notice the woman, not the lipstick.

The one great thing from the make up artist was the non-smear liquid lipstick. It stood up to the You May Kiss The Bride thing really well and did not end up on my new husband. Today is our anniversary. :)

kimkom

I had a professional do my wedding make up. We did a trial and I was very happy with her work. My wedding was in the daytime, mostly outside so I couldn't really look like a clown, all painted up. Plus I really wanted to look like me and not someone else which is what ends up happening with some brides when they have a pro do their look. I love how I looked in my wedding photos. The make up looked very natural, so you notice the woman, not the lipstick. Today is our anniversary. :)

:cheer2: Happy Anniversary! :cheer2:

TheGirlCanSkate

Do you use just the pure oil or do you buy products with argon oil in them?

Does it make your hair feel heavy?
I only use a drop or two of the pure oil and I put it on wet hair only. I find if my hair or skin is slightly damp it absorbs better. I bought it at Trader Joe's, it was a bargain!

kimkom

I only use a drop or two of the pure oil and I put it on wet hair only. I find if my hair or skin is slightly damp it absorbs better. I bought it at Trader Joe's, it was a bargain!

So you rub a couple of drops in and don't rinse it out, then style as usual?

I should try it on my skin - it's pretty loose since having gastric bypass surgery. I've been using coconut oil on my body, but maybe this would work on the neck.

TheGirlCanSkate

So you rub a couple of drops in and don't rinse it out, then style as usual?

I should try it on my skin - it's pretty loose since having gastric bypass surgery. I've been using coconut oil on my body, but maybe this would work on the neck.
Yes, that is all I do! I focus on the length of my hair not the scalp.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I had my makeup done for PRkid's wedding, and ended up buying the lipstick and lip gloss. It was just an ordinary salon on the seaside in Rehoboth, DE, but they made us all look pretty and natural.

For my own very casual wedding I just put on my own makeup in the bathroom. :) The only extras were primer to keep it on and stay-on lipstick. I look at the photos and think I did OK. (keeping my hair from frizzing on the seaside was harder.)

IceAlisa

I had my makeup done for PRkid's wedding, and ended up buying the lipstick and lip gloss. It was just an ordinary salon on the seaside in Rehoboth, DE, but they made us all look pretty and natural.

For my own very casual wedding I just put on my own makeup in the bathroom. :) The only extras were primer to keep it on and stay-on lipstick. I look at the photos and think I did OK. (keeping my hair from frizzing on the seaside was harder.)
Rehoboth sounds so much like Rehovot. Anyway, in my case, having a professional blowout with a good anti-frizz product helps. I like the Kerastase Discipline Fliudissime spray. You should be able to find it in Israel.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Rehoboth sounds so much like Rehovot. Anyway, in my case, having a professional blowout with a good anti-frizz product helps. I like the Kerastase Discipline Fliudissime spray. You should be able to find it in Israel.

I have the Discipline definition cream, even though the name makes me think of 50 Shades of Grey. Works well. But there was nobody in Boothbay Harbor Maine to blow dry my hair the day before July 4, so I went natural. It was fine, I looked like myself.

altai_rose

Anyone here use lip liner? Does it really help lipstick stay on better and not bleed? Any recommendations?

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Anyone here use lip liner? Does it really help lipstick stay on better and not bleed? Any recommendations?
I've tried. I can't see the clear well enough to get a good line and I don't draw well enough to extend the lip line with a color. I will use it all over if I know I need color all day.

skategal

Bunny mama

I do sometimes use lipliner.

It depends on the lipstick I'm using.

I find it helps me stay inside my liplines if I am using a liquid lipstick.

The best lipliner I have found for eliminating bleeding are the clear ones sold especially for that purpose. Can't remember the name but it was something like "No more bleeding" or "No more lines."

Favorite lipliners I use are the NYX the mechanical one and the Marc Jacobs gel liners.

Both feel creamy and you don't have to sharpen them. (I hate dry lipliners and having to sharpen lipliners/eyeliners.)

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
The only professional look I loved was tje one for my prom. She was so attentive, did a light foundaation and really made my eyes pop with right shades and contouring (this was 2006). She gave me a lip pencil I still buy today when I can find it. ESTEE Lauder and I cant see the name now but need to buy a new one at the airport.

IceAlisa

Definitely prefer mechanical lip pencils. I think the one in my purse is Marvelous Moxie by Bare Minerals. Glides on smooth and creamy.

oleada

For the Dr. Gross users, Gilt City has a $150 credit for the Dr. Gross website on sale for $90, and $300 credit for $180. They also have the "Radiance Régimen Set" for $156 vs $261 it normally costs.

I don't use it but I thought some here might be interested :)

Glamour snark: my Becca powder highlighter broke and spilled all over. There was close to half of it left. I'm so annoyed :mad:

skategal

Bunny mama
Glamour snark: my Becca powder highlighter broke and spilled all over. There was close to half of it left. I'm so annoyed :mad:

Spray it down with alcohol and repress. My Becca Opal shattered and I was able to repress it.....until I broke it again. :shuffle:

They aren't good to travel with that's for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information