U.S. Men in 2017 - articles & latest news

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympic

OK. Good for Tim! The coaching change, quad attempt, and getting out there early might show a full-on effort by Tim to move up.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ So Tim is training full time with the Cains in Texas? I hadn't seen that reported, although there are plenty of pics of Tim at the Cain's training camp (which he apparently has been visiting off-and-on for awhile).

Rock2

Can't wait to see Tim's Novo Amor LP. Like...dying.

That song has been on my ipod for a few years now and I NE-VER for a second thought anyone would have the guts or good sense to skate to it. It's perfect for him.
I'm hoping the choreo turns out to be as special as I'm expecting.

Sylvia

TBD
Can't wait to see Tim's Novo Amor LP. Like...dying.
Hopefully a video will surface after Dolensky debuts his FS at Broadmoor Open next week (or when he competes again later this summer).
Tweeted by Grant Hochstein today: https://twitter.com/Grant_Hochstein/status/865314341012217856
Final day of long program choreography is in the books. Thank you Peter Oppegard for helping me make the Music of the Night.
POTO may be overused but I think this song suits his strengths.
Hochstein tweeted this 3A clip from his FS program a few days ago: https://twitter.com/Grant_Hochstein/status/874359226100994048
He is scheduled to start his season at Skate Detroit next month.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Ashley and Max would make a super cute couple :shuffle: just sayin'

Max looked great at the recent cheese fest! I didn't know he could do a 4T so well, I'm always so hard on him but it wouldn't bother me if he were as high as 1st alternate. It would probably bother the crap out of him, however. Either way his 3axel and 4T look very nice and clean.

Sylvia

TBD
Timothy Dolensky won the Senior Men's event at the Broadmoor Open yesterday, debuting his free skate that garnered him the Jenkins trophy for the "outstanding free skate performance by a Senior competitor" -- here's a photo from the award presentation: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVsyMhFAGMw/
Dolensky scored 151.22 in his FS, 229.10 total. Jordan Moeller was 2nd with 200.73, 130.36 in FS; Jimmy Ma placed 3rd 185.02, 126.39 in FS.
2017 U.S. Junior silver medalist Camden Pulkinen won the Junior Men's event with 178.59 total, 119.33 in FS.
(Additional info is posted/linked in the 2017 Broadmoor Open competition thread in Kiss & Cry.)

Yesterday Vincent Zhou shared photos of the 2 banners that will hang in his rink in Riverside, CA: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVsWLs1ljR_/?taken-by=govincentzhou&hl=en

Last edited:

olympic

Ashley and Max would make a super cute couple :shuffle: just sayin'

Max looked great at the recent cheese fest! I didn't know he could do a 4T so well, I'm always so hard on him but it wouldn't bother me if he were as high as 1st alternate. It would probably bother the crap out of him, however. Either way his 3axel and 4T look very nice and clean.

Max -> clean 4T? That sounds like a breakthrough of sorts ...

VGThuy

Honestly, the only American men I really care about making the Olympic team is Nathan Chen and Jason Brown (I have a soft spot for Vincent Zhou but as of right now I don't NEED him to make the team). The others I can give or take, so if Max kills it this season and has a great Nationals, I wouldn't mind if he placed high enough to be named on the team over Rippon, Farris, and other fan favorites.

Sylvia

TBD
For those with Snapchat, Tim Dolensky is supposed to be posting today via usfigureskating's account from High Performance Singles Camp in Colorado Springs.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode

Oh, how very condescending of you. :rolleyes: And just who are you putting on that team ahead of him?

Max -> clean 4T? That sounds like a breakthrough of sorts ...

Well, he was supposed to be adding the 4T into his FS at Nationals, but after the SP I imagine it was a "let's just get the FS done clean". Either way, his 4T was very, very nice across both days of the Aerial Challenge.

skateboy

Honestly, the only American men I really care about making the Olympic team is Nathan Chen and Jason Brown (I have a soft spot for Vincent Zhou but as of right now I don't NEED him to make the team). The others I can give or take, so if Max kills it this season and has a great Nationals, I wouldn't mind if he placed high enough to be named on the team over Rippon, Farris, and other fan favorites.
I would like to see Nathan, Vincent and one of Max/Adam/Joshua on the team. Jason has been to the Olympics before and he is not likely to improve considerably from his previous placement there. I would like to see others get the opportunity for the "Olympic experience."

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I want the Olympic team to be Max/Jason/Joshua, but realistically, everyone is fawning all over Chen so it would take a real disaster to keep him off, in which case I would prefer Chen/Max/Joshua. As sad as that would be for Jason, he has already been to an Olympics. And then you'd also have a team who are rotating all their jumps, too.

VGThuy

I would love to take two quadsters with high base values AND Jason Brown. Brown is someone who can be counted on to hit, and I just think his skating is so darn beautiful to watch that I would love for him to have the Olympic audiences again to showcase himself and his skating. Jason is already a star and I think he's proved himself to be capable of having memorable performances. Just so long as he hits this fall and at Nationals or at least skates well enough to place top 3 at Nationals. Nathan Chen I think has the makings of being a Michelle Kwan-like superstar...even if not on that level than at least a recognizable name.

Firedancer

I want to see Nathan go. I agree he is a superstar in the making and he has accomplished more than all the other US men. I would like to see the second and third spots come down to who skates best between Jason, Josh, Adam & Vincent through the summer, fall & nationals. We haven't seen Josh compete yet so we don't know what he will look like. But I have a hard time saying I want see Jason or Adam stay home if they are healthy. It is going to be heartbreaking for whoever gets left home.

jlai

Question everything
I actually don't have strong feelings over if Nathan goes to the olympics or not. I wanted him to go to worlds this year because he missed out on his spot the year prior due to injury. Now he has gone to worlds once, and gotten a 4cc title, i think even if he retires today, he has already achieved something.

Last edited:

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
Oh, how very condescending of you. :rolleyes: And just who are you putting on that team ahead of him?

Well, he was supposed to be adding the 4T into his FS at Nationals, but after the SP I imagine it was a "let's just get the FS done clean". Either way, his 4T was very, very nice across both days of the Aerial Challenge.

I knew you would love that. :) You never miss a beat to get angry over it either. You're always ready with the claws out to claw at people's faces, and I respect that. I'll just shut up about Max this season in general, things will play out the way they'll play out.

Nathan, Jason, and Adam. He also has to worry about Vincent, Josh, Grant, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information