Tessa Virtue & Scott Moir : Just For Us # 45

Zazy

Is this Tessa's response to P/C's videos? ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the choreography but Scott is fantastic as usual. My eyes always go to him in these hip hop videos, even if Tessa has better technique. He's so authentic and natural in the way he moves and expresses himself.

Shayii

Is this Tessa's response to P/C's videos? ;)

I'm not a huge fan of the choreography but Scott is fantastic as usual. My eyes always go to him in these hip hop videos, even if Tessa has better technique. He's so authentic and natural in the way he moves and expresses himself.
Lol that was my first thought too--War of the Social Medias; VM and PC with their dancing videos and apparently the Shibs haven't slept in a week lol. Agree about Scott.

RoseRed

I think Scott is underrated as a dancer because Tessa is so unreal. Like she might be better than him, but she's basically better than everyone in ice dance (imo of course), so that doesn't say much about his skills. He's still one of the best dancers in the field.

asunta

I think Scott is underrated as a dancer because Tessa is so unreal.
Exactly, I always believed that Scott deserves attention :)
I'm glad that this short clip show Scott's "true colors": his inner potential and genuine movement qualities to a wider group of observers, juxtaposing him with highly praised Cizeron.

Last edited:

princeton123

I don't know where I've been hanging out, but haven't people always thought Scott was better than Tessa? Maybe not after 2010, but definitely pre-2010, forums were always complaining about her and how he needed a better partner to succeed.

lauravvv

I don't know where I've been hanging out, but haven't people always thought Scott was better than Tessa? Maybe not after 2010, but definitely pre-2010, forums were always complaining about her and how he needed a better partner to succeed.
I don't know how it was before 2010, as I was not a fan yet and was not on this forum or any other figure skating forum, but I have not read anything of the sort since the 2011/2012 season when I joined FSUniverse. There have been/are just a couple of exceptions - one or two posters who thought/think that Tessa is weaker than Scott, even mediocre, and that their success is all Scott, but they have not even been able to explain why exactly they think so except saying that Tessa is "bland" or that she simply must be weaker because of her shin problems and (as they think) not being able to train that much because of that. And then there is Krylova who apparently thought (or still thinks) that Scott is the more talented one in their team, but she has not exactly explained why either.

Yes, untill Sochi, now we have another story - Tessa is everything, Scott is nothing, but I disagree with this, they are both amazing, and more amazing together.
Read above what I wrote to princeton123. I have not read almost any complaints about Tessa being weaker than Scott even before Sochi. As for the rest, I definitely agree with you that they are both equally amazing, but I think that the "Tessa is everything, Scott is nothing" part is exaggerated. No one has said anything like that. If someone is especially praising Tessa it does not mean they think that Scott is nothing and vice versa.

Last edited:

Vera Costa

If I may, this is the first season I've really seen the acknowledgement of how amazing a dancer Tessa is. Before, it's always been Scott who was regarded as the stronger partner. At least, that was the perception I had. I remember posts both pre and post Vancouver, wishing to see Scott with another partner. Part of this was due to the knowledge of Tessa's health issues at the time and part of it was the impression that Scott was the better partner and to some, better off with a different partner. Not that Tessa was supposed to be weak, but their partnership was always about how wonderful Scott was. His skating skills, his musicality, his expression, his partnering abilities.

It wasn't until Carmen, that people started acknowledging that Tessa had her own set of strengths and not until the last couple years that their partnership has been seen as that of equals.

Tessa has worked so incredibly hard to get where she is and so has Scott. Let's celebrate that. The praise of one does not negate the excellence of the other.

lauravvv

If I may, this is the first season I've really seen the acknowledgement of how amazing a dancer Tessa is. Before, it's always been Scott who was regarded as the stronger partner. At least, that was the perception I had. I remember posts both pre and post Vancouver, wishing to see Scott with another partner. Part of this was due to the knowledge of Tessa's health issues at the time and part of it was the impression that Scott was the better partner and to some, better off with a different partner. Not that Tessa was supposed to be weak, but their partnership was always about how wonderful Scott was. His skating skills, his musicality, his expression, his partnering abilities.

It wasn't until Carmen, that people started acknowledging that Tessa had her own set of strengths and not until the last couple years that their partnership has been seen as that of equals.
Weird - either I have not read the same things as you, or our perceptions are very different. I definitely don't remember or really have not read posts where people wished to see Scott with another partner. I do remember posts praising Scott, but almost none outright saying that Tessa is weaker than him - definitely not in the same way that people have said (and, in most cases, continue saying) that Davis was weaker than White, Weaver was/is weaker than Poje, Papadakis is weaker than Cizeron, Chock is weaker than Bates or Stepanova is weaker than Bukin etc.. Mostly I have read praise of them as a one whole, of their skating skills, their musicality, their interpretative abilities and their skills as dancers. It has also been emphasized how their skating skills are equal unlike in many other partnerships. But Tessa has been especially praised for her "balletic" skills.

Tessa has worked so incredibly hard to get where she is and so has Scott. Let's celebrate that. The praise of one does not negate the excellence of the other.
I completely agree with this. Probably because of that I don't always perceive praise of Scott or of Tessa as saying that Tessa is weaker than Scott or, reversely, that Scott is weaker than Tessa.

princeton123

I don't know how it was before 2010, as I was not a fan yet and was not on this forum or any other figure skating forum, but I have not read anything of the sort since the 2011/2012 season when I joined FSUniverse. There have been/are just a couple of exceptions - one or two posters who thought/think that Tessa is weaker than Scott, even mediocre, and that their success is all Scott, but they have not even been able to explain why exactly they think so except saying that Tessa is "bland" or that she simply must be weaker because of her shin problems and (as they think) not being able to train that much because of that. And then there is Krylova who apparently thought (or still thinks) that Scott is the more talented one in their team, but she has not exactly explained why either.

Read above what I wrote to princeton123. I have not read almost any complaints about Tessa being weaker than Scott even before Sochi. As for the rest, I definitely agree with you that they are both equally amazing, but I think that the "Tessa is everything, Scott is nothing" part is exaggerated. No one has said anything like that. If someone is especially praising Tessa it does not mean they think that Scott is nothing and vice versa.

It was definitely a sentiment that was there, especially prior to 2010. After 2010, she started getting criticized for not being as consistent as he was (always messing up twizzles), but before 2010, a lot of people saw him as the "star" of the team who was just dragging her along for the ride. Her skating skills definitely weren't as good as his back then. I think 2010-2014 showcased her superlative dance quality more which put them on equal footing, but she herself was also a far superior skater than she was in, say, 2008. Tessa improved enormously in those years...so maybe there is hope for the Sinitsinas and Stepanovas of the world.

zilam98

i really want to see the instagram clips, but i don't have an account, nor do i want to. i tried logging in via facebook, but i still can't get the clips to play. do i need to get an actual instagram account just to see the clips that tessa posted? or is there a program i need to download before i can get those clips to play? or are those clips posted on youtube or vimeo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information