Savchenko/Massot Fan Thread

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I really like the SP. It still needs polish and to be error free, but if so, it will score very well. John Kerr's choreography is playful, but intricate. The twist is huge as always. I know they're focusing on the jumps this early in the season and don't plan on making the twist a quad yet, although I'm certain that's in the future, but the exit is unique and will serve them well.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
That triple axel deserves +3 with a clean landing, they've basically perfected it already (and with room to spare). :lol: It's already their best executed throw jump.

Also love that they're keeping the swing-exit from their split twist in the SP (which likely means +3) :kickass: they're going to be very competitive this year. :glamor:

Last edited:

cris

That triple axel deserves +3 with a clean landing, they've basically perfected it already (and with room to spare). :lol: It's already their best executed throw jump.

Also love that they're keeping the swing-exit from their split twist in the SP (which likely means level 4 and +3) :kickass: they're going to be very competitive this year. :glamor:

I love it, too, but they only got level 2 (why????) and quite a few +2 and even a +1 here. I'm a little worried. And very angry at the judges.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I almost wonder if they were penalized by some of the judges :confused: it looked fine to me, the split before the twist looked good too..

Looks like they'll be scoring over 80 with a clean performance!

cris

I almost wonder if they were penalized by some of the judges :confused: it looked fine to me, the split before the twist looked good too..

Looks like they'll be scoring over 80 with a clean performance!
Yes, I wondered if they had not been penalized so as not to encourage other teams to do such an element. As if it were that easy!

Last edited:

arakwafan2006

I have to say that I was surprised they went for it. Not because of the fall Monday but because they are such a new pair. I thought that element was still baking in the oven, not being ready to be rolled out. MAN!!! nice

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
I loved it too, so cheeky and they really danced out there, great move to get an ice dancer to choreograph. Can't wait for the FD. Bruno looks like a big chap but boy, is he light on his skates.

Last edited:

kittysk8ts

They are a completly new team IMO. Skating with more power and oh boy, Bruno now can sell it :eek:
I am speechless really.
Ditto. That was just awesome. WOW. I too am perplexed about the level 2 on the twist tho......

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They are a completly new team IMO. Skating with more power and oh boy, Bruno now can sell it :eek:
I am speechless really.
I can't believe anybody will still opine about how they'll never reach the same level as she did with Robin, or that Robin is a better skater, or that they had more chemistry. Savchenko/Massot are going in totally different directions which suits them just fine. The fact that she can skate with such different partners and continue to push the envelope at 32 is just awe inspiring. And, she looks fabulous.

I am curious why the twist didn't score higher. Anyone with insight? I think the exit is awesome, difficult and totally fits the music. What did the judges score them down on?

kittysk8ts

I can't believe anybody will still opine about how they'll never reach the same level as she did with Robin, or that Robin is a better skater, or that they had more chemistry. Savchenko/Massot are going in totally different directions which suits them just fine. The fact that she can skate with such different partners and continue to push the envelope at 32 is just awe inspiring. And, she looks fabulous.

I am curious why the twist didn't score higher. Anyone with insight? I think the exit is awesome, difficult and totally fits the music. What did the judges score them down on?
Agree with you 100%.

I have re-watched that darned twist 10 times. I think they got the level 2 because either she lands or he brings her down to his shoulder, apparently to effect that FABULOUS dismount. I wonder if that was the tech. controller's issue? Anybody out there have any ideas? I honestly don't know.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
It might've been deemed a "shaky exit" as he didn't just set her down, he swung her around instead, which may have been called as a mistake? Maybe they also lost a feature because of the exit not being normal, and it affected the level also? Lifts are rewarded (in the level) with that kind of added difficulty in the exit, but the twist must be a no-no. I cant understand the GOE otherwise, it would explain the lack of +3's and lack of rewarding the difficulty in general.

Whatever, if that's the case then she'll just find another way to be a :glamor: on the other elements.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
We know it wasn't a mistake because they've been practicing it all summer. :lol: I would have thought they'd have researched whether any part of the exit would be reduced in value because it's not the norm. I hope they keep it regardless because it's perfect for the program.

kittysk8ts

It might've been deemed a "shaky exit" as he didn't just set her down, he swung her around instead, which may have been called as a mistake? Maybe they also lost a feature because of the exit not being normal, and it affected the level also? Lifts are rewarded (in the level) with that kind of added difficulty in the exit, but the twist must be a no-no. I cant understand the GOE otherwise, it would explain the lack of +3's and lack of rewarding the difficulty in general.

Whatever, if that's the case then she'll just find another way to be a :glamor: on the other elements.
Haha, you're right, she will just find another way. Shame if they can't keep that dismount though :(

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
The judges must have forgotten what the 90's split 3twists looked like :shuffle: the woman was usually caught as she's hitting the ice, it was always just a matter if he could prevent the THUD sound from happening, avoid getting socked in the face, and if she wouldn't sprain her leg upon impact. That's what a good split triple twist was back then :drama:

They should've gotten a boost on transitions if anything!

Last edited:
C

casken

I was just saying in the German skating thread how blown away by the sp I was.

Not just the axel or twist, but just the amount of connecting dance holds and choreography and how well they handled it was really impressive.

barbarafan

Maybe the catch was wrong

That is the only thing I could figure out...She has to be caught away from his body with the arms not touching the shoulder....(i hope I am being literate ) so if he caught her lower to halt and turn her into that amazing exit it would not check that bullet point....They may just have to change their placement of the halt ...I am sure the judges will explain it to them so they can fix it...I loved it and the whole program.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
Oh - My - God,

Can I just say I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE their SP at Nebelhorn (except at some point homegurl gonna have to realize she cant 2 foot 100% of her throws 100% of the time.) And to be honest I hope judges keep dinging this.

I LOOOOVEEEEDDDD their music choice. And I have loved all their music choices so far!!!

I feel so secure that they will NEVER come out and do Maleguena or R&J or POTO. I am so intrigued by them.

Do all y'all think she (well maybe behind Natalia Mishkutenok) is the best female pairs skater of all time?

They are just so INTERESTING, I love them and their music and their expressions... I wish Chris KNIERIM would watch their programs over and over and take note because if he could up his anty I could see them being a comparable- Savchenko & Massot.

P.S. Did all y'all see the exit from the twist? How cool was that??????

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
@AngieNikodinovLove , welcome to the fan club :40beers: They are just special together. They bring the best out of each other's skating and interpretation. For me, it's skating at its best when in dance or pairs, two people complement each other so well.I find it extremely fascinating and that's the main reason I'm not into singles as much.

kittysk8ts

Oh - My - God,

Can I just say I LOOOOOVVVVEEEE their SP at Nebelhorn (except at some point homegurl gonna have to realize she cant 2 foot 100% of her throws 100% of the time.) And to be honest I hope judges keep dinging this.

I LOOOOVEEEEDDDD their music choice. And I have loved all their music choices so far!!!

I feel so secure that they will NEVER come out and do Maleguena or R&J or POTO. I am so intrigued by them.

Do all y'all think she (well maybe behind Natalia Mishkutenok) is the best female pairs skater of all time?

They are just so INTERESTING, I love them and their music and their expressions... I wish Chris KNIERIM would watch their programs over and over and take note because if he could up his anty I could see them being a comparable- Savchenko & Massot.

P.S. Did all y'all see the exit from the twist? How cool was that??????[/QUOTE]

Uber cool. Only level 2 though. Bit of a discussion up thread....do you have any idea why it would be called a level 2?

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

No idea @kittysk8ts that twist should have been a level 20!!!

What are the rules for a level 4 twist? Man catches her at hips above his head, her hands above her head and then he has to perhaps immediately put her on the ground??? I dunno....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information