2016 Academy Awards (Oscars) - Ceremony & Red Carpet

aftershocks

Banned Member
I think Spotlight's director will probably win because Academy never recognizes achievement in action direction.

George Miller is a brilliant talent, but his work will probably not be rewarded by the Academy tonight because I don't think the Academy takes action direction seriously. He was nominated along with Mad Max for best picture because the critical praise for Mad Max was so overwhelming that the Academy probably felt that had to nominate it. However, as much as I would like to see it win, it would be a big surprise. Yes Mad Max was violent, but it's violence was gorgeously crafted and creative. Not all violence is mindless entertainment.

Yes, true. I personally think that Trumbo deserved an Oscar nod for Best Picture, especially with there now being more than five nominees allowed for best picture.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I like how Kerry Washington expressed herself re the diversity controversy just now on ABC, with Robin Roberts.

Cute Matt Damon interview with Robin. :)

Last edited:

Jay42

Between the click of the light
I think Olivia Wilde's dress would look better if it was a v-neck instead of straight down like that.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I will say this for the Red Carpet this year--at least they're all different looks. I hate years when all the dresses are the same color, same basic style, and everyone shared the same lipstick.

Sofia Vegara. :swoon: Robin Roberts looks the best she's looked in a long time--maybe the best she's ever looked. Saorise Ronan looks like a mermaid in the best way possible. :swoon: :swoon:

Jacob Trembley FTW for best tuxedo wearing.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
WTF is Charlotte Rampling wearing? It looked like she had pockets on her boobs, which might be a fun idea in certain circumstances...but I don't think the Red Carpet is it.

Rooney Mara wearing a slutty doily, like Judge Judy's collar decided to have a wild night out.

AYS

🌻
I looked at a slide show. For me, Daisy Ridley and Alicia Vikander win. Robin Roberts looks nice. The rest are meh.

aftershocks

Banned Member
So cool seeing Louis Gossett, Jr. and his wife talking with Robin Roberts! "An actor and a gentleman!" Indeed.

Cate Blanchett looking so lovely, as always. :)

Cheers to Stallone. :cheer2: But I want Mark Ruffalo to win! :encore: :swoon:

Lady Gaga seems in permanent clean-up mode. :lol:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Did Stallone have a stroke? I am not kidding.

I think he did have something happen (not a stroke) when he was a very young guy. But that was well before he struck it big as an actor with the original Rocky! You must be pretty young yourself, as the way Stallone's mouth droops on one side is not new. :D Maybe it seems more pronounced as he ages.

IceAlisa

discriminating and persnickety ballet aficionado
I think he did have something happen (not a stroke) when he was a very young guy. But that was well before he struck it big as an actor with the original Rocky! You must be pretty young yourself, as the way Stallone's mouth droops is not new. :D Maybe it seems more pronounced as he ages.
It's not the mouth drooping, it's the slurred speech.

sweetsparky

Good Ice Dance = THE SEX
Did Stallone have a stroke? I am not kidding.

I once read that he had some kínd of partial facial paralysis from birth and that was the reason of his slurred speech. It was a gossip magazine so not sure how accurate that story was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information