alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

sk8pics

Wonderful as always, ali. Thank you for sharing!

I love the pictures of the sea lions. I would like to print the one of the sea lion upside down, the shot of his sand-covered head. Is that okay?

Also btw, I am reading a sort of sequel to Falling Upward, called Immortal Diamond. I can e-lend it to you after if you like. I have to read more of it before I can really tell you what it's about, LOL.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks sk8pics. Certainly you can print the sea lion pic. I was amazed by how far they can tip their heads backwards.
And yes, I'm interested to read Immortal Diamond. Thanks :)

mtnskater

Hi Allison!!! Glad you are back in Vancouver staying at a fabulous place. So sorry about the ankle....I feel your pain cause I am going through a knee injury myself right now. Sitting here with ice on both knees as I write....

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Ouch! That sounds awful :( hope your knees heal soon. My ankle is almost better now, about 90% so I'm walking around again and very happy about it :)
We've moved on from that beautiful place by the beach. The owners came home from their holiday. Darn! :( but have been in a nice apt in leafy neighbourhood cat sitting. And next we have nearly 3 weeks in a similar neighbourhood dog sitting. After that we have 3 months house sitting all lined up and NO pets :cheer:

sk8pics

Thanks sk8pics. Certainly you can print the sea lion pic. I was amazed by how far they can tip their heads backwards.
And yes, I'm interested to read Immortal Diamond. Thanks :)

Thanks! I will let you know when I finish the book. :)

sk8pics

Oh my goodness, ali, you have really outdone yourself with this post. I just about gaped in amazement the whole way through. Beautiful pictures, wonderful narrative to go with the pictures.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
There is only one appropriate description for this entry:

"Fabulous"; in all senses of the word.
Thanks :) It was a seriously fabulous experience. We didn't really know what to expect, and it waaaaaayyy surpassed anything we could have imagined.

Oh my goodness, ali, you have really outdone yourself with this post. I just about gaped in amazement the whole way through. Beautiful pictures, wonderful narrative to go with the pictures.
Thanks so much sk8pics. I was trying to capture the feeling of being there as best I could. It was a really extraordinary experience seeing all that wildlife so close and so unconcerned by our presence.

Just one word: WOW!
Thanks Marge. It's definitely a wow kind of place. Maybe even more so for us because we hadn't read anything much about it before we went. I just knew it was about a bunch of animals, and vaguely remembered something about tortoises. Then when we got there and every day were surrounded by all this wildlife that didn't react to our presence by running away. It was so amazing.

orientalplane

Mad for mangelwurzels
skatesindreams, sk8pics, and Marge are right; what an extraordinary retelling, partly in your beautiful prose and partly in your insanely gorgeous pictures, of such an experience. :swoon: Familiar though the theory of evolution is to us now, perhaps it's little wonder that these islands are the place in which Darwin's observations of the biodiversity, combined with his genius, led to the triumph of The Origin of Species. Sad though, and I've said it before about previous blog posts, that the islands are under threat from so many human and non-human dangers. :( Nevertheless a truly wonderful place to read about, and evidently to appreciate at first hand. :)

BelleBway

a monkey stole my title
Just caught up on the recent blogs- very enjoyable, as always... and I'm so jealous of your photography skills! Galapagos is obviously on my list of places I'd like to visit, and now I am even more tempted. Thanks for sharing!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
skatesindreams, sk8pics, and Marge are right; what an extraordinary retelling, partly in your beautiful prose and partly in your insanely gorgeous pictures, of such an experience. :swoon: Familiar though the theory of evolution is to us now, perhaps it's little wonder that these islands are the place in which Darwin's observations of the biodiversity, combined with his genius, led to the triumph of The Origin of Species. Sad though, and I've said it before about previous blog posts, that the islands are under threat from so many human and non-human dangers. :( Nevertheless a truly wonderful place to read about, and evidently to appreciate at first hand. :)
Thanks so much OP. Putting together the Galapagos posts was really fun for me - so many amazing stories and sights to share. I think it's one of the best places we've been to. And I feel quite confident about the future - the people working in the national park (i.e. the whole of Galapagos) understand the problems and are working to eradicate the feral plants and animals - with some success so far. Tourism is strictly controlled. The places we went there was little indication of human habitation except in the towns. I think it's going to be okay

Just caught up on the recent blogs- very enjoyable, as always... and I'm so jealous of your photography skills! Galapagos is obviously on my list of places I'd like to visit, and now I am even more tempted. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks so much Belle. You really should go. It's expensive, but worth every penny for a truly unique experience. Meanwhile we still have Africa on our list, though it's getting closer to the top I think :D

pingu

It was great to read about Galapagos and at the same time to broaden my vocabulary regarding all sorts of animals :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Great job, ali, as usual. And :lol: at your comment about the dancing.
Thanks sk8pics. It seems it does't matter where we go we always come across dancing in the street, especially in South America. It has such a long strong tradition there. I don't know how we did it but we always seemed to be out and about at the right time.

It was great to read about Galapagos and at the same time to broaden my vocabulary regarding all sorts of animals :)
:lol: thanks Pingu. Yeah there's some truly unique animals on Galapagos - amazing place.

sk8pics

Great, ali! I am going to pass this on to Greg. He will love it, and tell me, again, synchronicity! BTW, I am almost done reading the book I am going to lend you... Soon, I hope.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Great, ali! I am going to pass this on to Greg. He will love it, and tell me, again, synchronicity! BTW, I am almost done reading the book I am going to lend you... Soon, I hope.
Thanks sk8pics. Hope Greg enjoys it. Let me know what he says.

skatesindreams

"Fascinating" can be a "loaded" word.
However, it's the word which best describes my reaction to both of your latest posts.

Thar church/shrine is "mind-blowing"!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information