Adelina Sotnikova uber thread

DELTA

Adelina deserves a thread.:D

Right she's in the shadow of Julia. Can she turn is around? Good luck at the Olympics!:biggrinbo

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Adelina has many good qualities. She seems to have improved her consistency, which she used to struggle with. Good luck to her in the ladies competition.

kwanatic

I've been a fan of her since her junior days. I still find this exhibition to be in the top 5 of the last 4 years: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZ6yXGX4Icw This was amazing! She's always been my favorite of this wave of Russians.

She's struggled in the last few seasons but it's good that she's finally getting a handle on competing and staying focused. My biggest issue with Adelina is her packaging. Her music, dresses, some of the choreography...sometimes she looks like a tacky mess out there! She could be so much better but that Russian style of music/dress/choreography truly does her a disservice.

I really wish someone would step in and take over in that department. She's still very much a rough diamond in need of some polish but I think she's massively talented and has all of the makings of a future world champ if she can keep herself together.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Adelina deserves a thread.:D

Right she's in the shadow of Julia. Can she turn is around? Good luck at the Olympics!:biggrinbo

Being under the radar can be a good thing. Can't wait to see if she's going to bring it. I'll bet she's chomping at the bit to get out there and show what she can do.

Go Adelina! :cheer:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
I wonder if she's going to upgrade the 3toe-3toe to 3lutz-3toe or 3lutz-3loop in the SP?

MrLucky

Is Adelina a "wildcard" in Sochi?

I hope she skates two great programs which will give her a great shot at the podium.
Go Adelina !:kickass:

kwanatic

Is Adelina a "wildcard" in Sochi?

I hope she skates two great programs which will give her a great shot at the podium.
Go Adelina !:kickass:

Actually, I think she is. Judging by her scores at nationals and Euros, the judges have her in the same boat with Julia...in fact, she scores higher than Julia when both are clean. If Adelina turns in two strong performances, she can finish on the podium...and if that 3Lz-3L materializes in the FS and she goes clean the rest of the way...man, this is going to be one wacky ladies event!

kuzytalent

Banned Member
It is interesting to wonder who would be bumped off if Adelina skates great though. No way Adelina is beating Kim or Kim is off the podium. So that leaves Julia and Mao. A faulty Mao could be pushed off the podium by a very good Adelina or Kostner. A clean Adelina should beat Julia, but I dont think it will happen at this event with all the hype surrounding Julia. Yeah at Europeans Adelina probably would have won over Julia had she gone clean, but it wont happen here unless Julia is tired from the Team Event and underperforms. With Mao's triple axel inconsistency, Kim is the only one likely to stop Julia.

Katarzyna

I love Adelina’s skating. Fast and powerful with huge jumps but still elegant and gracious. And when she is on, she has personality to burn. I keep my fingers crossed that she will do well in the ladies event. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

crs

adelina's long program is not better than julia's sorry. a clean adelina won't beat a clean julia in this comp.

kuzytalent

Banned Member
I used to be a big fan of hers but her score today was such a joke that I will probably never cheer for her again. Totally turned off on her the moment her score came up today.

oleada

I used to be a big fan of hers but her score today was such a jofan you are.

t I will probably never cheer for her again. Totally turned off on her the moment her score came up today.

... Because Adelina has total control over what the judges give her..... :shuffle: some fan you are.

ADELINA :cheer:

kuzytalent

Banned Member
... Because Adelina has total control over what the judges give her..... :shuffle:

Well pretty much every Russian has been blatantly overscored all Games. The final results and medals have been right despite that so far (hopefully that continues) but it is pretty apparent it is not a coincidence and is a very team based fix. I am sure all the Russian skaters were in on the fix and deals to prop all their scores up a good 5% or more and they still didnt say anything about it and just accepted the cheating in their favor, just like the whole team being given a special doping product and saying nothing about it, so in that sense I think they all warrant some blame.

crs

Well pretty much every Russian has been blatantly overscored all Games. The final results and medals have been right despite that so far (hopefully that continues) but it is pretty apparent it is not a coincidence and is a very team based fix. I am sure all the Russian skaters were in on the fix and deals to prop all their scores up a good 5% or more and they still didnt say anything about it and just accepted the cheating in their favor, just like the whole team being given a special doping product and saying nothing about it, so in that sense I think they all warrant some blame.

Adelina is not my fave but the russians are doing in THEIR olympics games exactly the same thing Canadians did in Vancouver(americans also just not as bad as the canadians) but at least the russians have EARN their medals. Do we blame Ashley Wagner for knowing she was going to be in the team inspite that horrendous skate at nats?

kuzytalent

Banned Member
My favorite skaters are Osmond, Daleman, Li, and Wagner who never had a hope to medal here so try again. I cant stand any of the current top 3, but it is obvious to even a blind man the other 2 were atleast a good 5 points better.

kuzytalent

Banned Member
Adelina is not my fave but the russians are doing in THEIR olympics games exactly the same thing Canadians did in Vancouver(americans also just not as bad as the canadians) but at least the russians have EARN their medals. Do we blame Ashley Wagner for knowing she was going to be in the team inspite that horrendous skate at nats?

The Canadians werent overscored in Vancouver. V&M clearly beat the field in dance. Chan wasnt held up the way he usually is, which is funny, scored fairly at home but way overscored and held up the rest of his career. Rochette deserved her bronze and might have been robbed of silver since Asada made 2 huge mistakes and had the worst programs of her career. So nothing like Russia which is the most overscored home Olympics in history by a huge margin. I hope the earned Russian medals are not questioned now due to the ridiculous Sotnikova scores, which are the worst of the entire Russian team so far.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Adelina really brought her A game today. Congrats to her on a great skate. I hope she skates a clean and strong LP tomorrow.

Johnny_Fever

Granted, I'm out of touch, but this girl came out of left field didn't she? Makes you wonder why the Russians hung their hat on Lipnitskaia for the team competition. Maybe it was to keep Sotnikova fresh for the individual competition?

crs

Granted, I'm out of touch, but this girl came out of left field didn't she? Makes you wonder why the Russians hung their hat on Lipnitskaia for the team competition. Maybe it was to keep Sotnikova fresh for the individual competition?

don't worry julia is going to bring it tomorrow. it ain't over.

crs

The Canadians werent overscored in Vancouver. V&M clearly beat the field in dance. Chan wasnt held up the way he usually is, which is funny, scored fairly at home but way overscored and held up the rest of his career. Rochette deserved her bronze and might have been robbed of silver since Asada made 2 huge mistakes and had the worst programs of her career. So nothing like Russia which is the most overscored home Olympics in history by a huge margin. I hope the earned Russian medals are not questioned now due to the ridiculous Sotnikova scores, which are the worst of the entire Russian team so far.

rochette robbed by mao? wow,that's some ridiculous statement. rochette robbed mirai nagasu lol!

MrLucky

I love Adelina’s skating. Fast and powerful with huge jumps but still elegant and gracious. And when she is on, she has personality to burn. I keep my fingers crossed that she will do well in the ladies event. :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Good description of Adelina's sizzling SP.

Hope she brings it tomorrow.

Is the wildcard now one of the favorites to medal?

Go Adelina :kickass:

Johnny_Fever

The commentators thought that Sotnikova was mad about all the Lipnitskaia attention this past week. That's what got her so fired up today. Lipinski said, "If you ever get a chance to skate mad, I highly recommend it." or something to that effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information