Dylan Farrow Accuses Father Woody Allen of Sex Abuse

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
But somehow when it comes to child sex abuse, all of a sudden people are so scared to believe the victim. Very inexplicable...

especially if it is in the child's own house by a relative

when the plumber down the street is "inappropriate," do people suggest counseling or call the police?

i dont know why people think mia was coaching her when she seemed willing to work with woody on it for a while

heckles

when the plumber down the street is "inappropriate," do people suggest counseling or call the police?

Alison Arngrim, who played Nellie Olsen on Little House, wrote about her experiences being molested by her brother. People have told her that she needs to reconcile with him, but she replies that you wouldn't have dinner with a stranger who had robbed your house.

heckles

So, we learned two new things from Woody's missive:

1) He couldn't have possibly been boffing his daughter because he was too busy doing the other.

2) He couldn't have been nailing his daughter in the attic, because child molestation is a space-intensive activity.

Okay.

Allskate

I think Woody would be smart to stop talking now. He just provokes more responses that make him look bad.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I don't know much about Ronan Farrow, but I sincerely hope and trust that he wouldn't exploit his sister's pain to promote his new show. He'd have to be a first-class jerk to do that.

orientalplane

Mad for mangelwurzels
It's well known that Elvis had an eating problem. But I repeat - benzodiazepines do not (by themselves) change one's appearance. Your ignorance is as clear as day. No more replies from me, no matter how many pictures of a fat Elvis you manage to find.

mrinalini

Mia Farrow has always creeped me out more than Woody Allen. She is brittle and recessive on-screen, and altogether a very mediocre talent despite what she may believe. I've heard many say she was only cast in some of Woody's best films because she was sleeping with him. She is also no one to take the moral high ground (I've heard about that Dory Previn story), and her Mother Teresa syndrome just leaves a bad taste considering that not many of her adoptees attest to her wonderful parenting abilities. Couple that with the hunger strikes and she just seems to be raging against her ever increasing irrelevancy. All that I've read and heard about her leads me to believe that she grew up a spoilt Hollywood brat who'd be quite capable of displaying the spiteful and deranged behavior that Allen accuses her of in his article.

Allen also brings up a good point about Farrow now insinuating that Ronan is actually Sinatra's child and how that makes her look downright nasty and deceitful.

VGThuy

I loved her in Purple Rose of Cairo and Husbands and Wives though. I do think despite everything, Woody Allen brought out the best in Mia Farrow in terms of acting.

mrinalini

I loved her in Purple Rose of Cairo and Husbands and Wives though. I do think despite everything, Woody Allen brought out the best in Mia Farrow in terms of acting.

Yes, I thought she was most effective in Purple Rose, and I never found her particularly atrocious in any other of Allen's films, but she was always the weakest link and never a standout. I'd always see her pop up in an Allen film, and I'd never think oh, here's that actress because of her amazing talent but more like, here's that babyish voice again because she was hooked up with Allen.

She also wasn't too bad in Rosemary's Baby, but then again I always felt that the tone of the film and the story made her seem better than she really was.

VGThuy

Yes, I thought she was most effective in Purple Rose, and I never found her particularly atrocious in any other of Allen's films, but she was always the weakest link and never a standout. I'd always see her pop up in an Allen film, and I'd never think oh, here's that actress because of her amazing talent but more like, here's that babyish voice again because she was hooked up with Allen.

She also wasn't too bad in Rosemary's Baby, but then again I always felt that the tone of the film and the story made her seem better than she really was.

I would have given Farrow an Oscar nod (even though I agree with your assessment of her acting, but I find her endearing in those films) for Purple Rose over Anne Bancroft in Agnes of God (an Oscar nod for that performance I simply do not understand and I usually like Bancroft).

mrinalini

I would have given Farrow an Oscar nod (even though I agree with your assessment of her acting, but I find her endearing in those films) for Purple Rose over Anne Bancroft in Agnes of God (an Oscar nod for that performance I simply do not understand and I usually like Bancroft).

Oh my, yes. I saw Bancroft in Agnes of God not that long ago and was unimpressed by both her and the film (and I normally like Bancroft too - we have similar tastes ;)). I would definitely have given Farrow an Oscar nod over Bancroft that year for Purple Rose.

I think it says a lot about Farrow's talent that she never garnered a single Oscar nomination despite appearing in quite a few high-profile films and being chummy with the Hollywood elite (I've seen her crow that George Cukor was her godfather and that she swanned around with Audrey Hepburn).

Oreo

Interesting article in the Wall Street Journal

FWIW, back in the 1980s I started dating a recently divorced guy with two young boys. His former wife was so bitter, she was determined to put him in jail and concocted a child abuse case against him. Not only did she convince one of her boys that his father abused him, but even got him to sign a statement for the court. She even convinced the court mediators and members of her church to the point where they also wrote letters of support to the court, even though none of these people had even met him or seen him interact with his son(s). The only problem with all this was that her carefully documented timeline didn't work because on the weekend in question, I was taking care of the kids (their dad was down with strep throat). I took them to the beach where at least 10 of my friends saw them with their shorts on and guess what? No bruises or contusions. Even still, this wound through the courts for a couple of years, and the oldest boy was so brainwashed, he refused to see his father for years after that. (In his case, he eventually figured out his mother his mother was a sociopath.) To this day she still keeps it up, even though her ex-husband passed away several years ago and the kids are in their early 40s and late 30s.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Sorry, but I'm not buying it. People who love their children don't lash out at them. They worry about how the false allegations are impacting them and try to figure out how to fight the charges without also hurting their children even if that means they can't fight as effectively. OTOH, when I was working with an organization that hunted down pedophiles, that is exactly how they reacted. They acted like the charges against them were ludicrous without offering any actual explanation or evidence as to why they were not to be taken seriously. We were just to take their word. And they often lashed out inappropriately towards the children involved.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Then it's odd that Temamzepam and its sisters are prescribed to chemo patients to get them to eat.

Temazepam is a sleeping pill, also known as Restoril. I've never seen it used (or any benzos) used for chemo patients for anorexia. The most common drug used for that is Megace (megasterol), although Marinol (synthetic pot) and Remeron (Mirtazipine, which is an antidepressant) are also used.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I take Temamzepam for a sleep aid & even though it often doesn't work for me it has never inspired me to get up & get a snack. I often do get up & pace the house but I never want to eat in the middle of the night. And I don't wake up especially hungry either.

judiz

Sorry, but I'm not buying it. People who love their children don't lash out at them. They worry about how the false allegations are impacting them and try to figure out how to fight the charges without also hurting their children even if that means they can't fight as effectively. OTOH, when I was working with an organization that hunted down pedophiles, that is exactly how they reacted. They acted like the charges against them were ludicrous without offering any actual explanation or evidence as to why they were not to be taken seriously. We were just to take their word. And they often lashed out inappropriately towards the children involved.

I am a teacher, one of the five year olds in my school will start spending the weekends with her dad who divorced her mom last year, he left her but I don't know why.

According to the child's babysitter, a teacher's aide, mom has already told the child "don't let daddy touch you". and "tell me if daddy hurts you in any way.". There was never any question of the father being inappropriate with his daughter but mom has been bad mouthing the father since they separated.

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
Quick thread drift because someone mentioned Allison Arngrim. I want to read her book, just for the title! "Confessions of a Prairie Bitch: How I Survived Nellie Oleson and Learned to Love Being Hated"

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information