The Carolina Kostner Thread

leapfrogonice

I'd love for her to re-use either Debussy or Mozart.

However, she'd need to alter them to fit the ridiculous choreographic sequence rule.

Good point. There's flexibility though. Mozart was not so chock-full of content that it would not be such an effort IMO

jiggs

It's been reported on raisport.it that Caro has withdrawn from Nationals next weekend due to injury. It seems the back injury she has had throughout the summer/fall has worsened again and she doesn't want to take any risk ... such a shame :(

Wishin her a speedy recovery!!!

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
*sigh* I noticed this first on facebook. *trying to think only positive thoughts and sending positive energy and good health Carolina's way* Get better very soon, Miss Kostner!

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
:( Hope her quick and full recovery. I wish she shows her best performances at her final Olympics.

With Google translator maybe it says that Caro visits Rome with her team mates on December 18th to attend events organized by Olympic Committee. She plans to undergo the the necessary inquiries as to her therapeutic current physical condition.
http://sport.sky.it/sport/altri_spo..._carolina_rinuncia_campionati_italiani.html#_

Caro is also scheduled to The Gala 2013 held on December 29th in Bozen. She might skip this show, too.
http://www.icegala.it/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3&Itemid=9&lang=DE

lauravvv

I saw that this thread had new posts, and came here in hopes to find news of Carolina's training, changes to her programs, or something like that. But this news is not encouraging at all :(. What is it with Carolina and her bad luck in Olympic seasons/Olympics themselves? I truly hope that it's not too serious and she can be ready for Euros and Olympics.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It's been reported on raisport.it that Caro has withdrawn from Nationals next weekend due to injury. It seems the back injury she has had throughout the summer/fall has worsened again and she doesn't want to take any risk ... such a shame :(

Wishin her a speedy recovery!!!

That's a terrible news. I had not seen this until now. I hope she recovers soon. It will be a tragedy if she cannot skate in Sochi. I really see her as the dark horse there (to win) but with this new injury I am concerned.

msadot

Ja, Shez seems to be still on. :) Hope she'll use Ave Maria as her Gala program, least for Sochi: could you "Imagine" Caro n Yuna skating the same song?
In Selva (video disappeared) she skated Imagine wearing the Humoresque outfit.

AND... she never stopped skating, Jig: Rome, Selva Val Gardena, Merano, Oberst, ... simply, she is focusing on Sochi. Partly I am glad she was not in Merano, because this allowed Vale Marchei to win her 5th title. And Roberta Rodeghiero to reach the bronze.

Sk8swan

Ja, Shez seems to be still on. :) Hope she'll use Ave Maria as her Gala program, least for Sochi: could you "Imagine" Caro n Yuna skating the same song?
In Selva (video disappeared) she skated Imagine wearing the Humoresque outfit.

AND... she never stopped skating, Jig: Rome, Selva Val Gardena, Merano, Oberst, ... simply, she is focusing on Sochi. Partly I am glad she was not in Merano, because this allowed Vale Marchei to win her 5th title. And Roberta Rodeghiero to reach the bronze.

Mmmm as far as I know she didn't skate in Rome... She skated in Selva on the 27th after taking some break to heal and rest...
She was in Rome just to attend Italian Olympic Committee celebrations for the upcoming Olympics.

msadot

Mmmm as far as I know she didn't skate in Rome...

She never stopped training and skating. And obviously she paid a visit to "her" ice rink, Axel.

I said it and Alto Adige did not disappoint.

Pic with the most important person in her life: Ms. Mancini.
In 500 sotto la pioggia al Mercatino per Carolina - Cronaca - Alto Adige http://bit.ly/1dQBLJC

MAYBE... Carolina: «Dopo Sochi potrei anche rallentare» - Sport - Alto Adige http://bit.ly/19EtngZ

I am a bit confused: according to the interview (Dec 30 Morning), she did not know whether to propose Shez or not; but in the evening she skated it.

Last edited:

bronwynsings

Her Ave Maria program is so stunning, I hope she skates it in Sochi. The dress in particular looks amazing on her and helps contribute to her seeming like she is floating :)

bronwynsings

Oh no I meant in the gala (assuming she gets to skate in it)! Though it wouldn't make a bad competition program either.

museksk8r

Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy
Thank heavens for Carolina! She gives such grand life and emotion to everything she skates. There is a beauty and sophistication with her that I don't see with the other ladies, save Akiko Suzuki. They both connect so well with their music choices, as if the performance comes from their souls. I think I would be overcome with tears of joy if both Kostner and Suzuki managed to skate personal bests in Sochi. It would surely be my dream for the ladies division, along with a podium of Kostner, Suzuki, and Wagner.

sk8ingcoach

The Ave Maria program looked to me like a short program. She started straight away and went to 3T ( eventual 3t+3t ), the it looked like she was going around for 3lo but then did a spiral instead. I wouldnt be surprised if she has changed her sp to this ave maria.

Scheherazade is clearly staying. Saw some different choreography that i would like to see in the program

David21

Thank heavens for Carolina! She gives such grand life and emotion to everything she skates. There is a beauty and sophistication with her that I don't see with the other ladies, save Akiko Suzuki. They both connect so well with their music choices, as if the performance comes from their souls. I think I would be overcome with tears of joy if both Kostner and Suzuki managed to skate personal bests in Sochi. It would surely be my dream for the ladies division, along with a podium of Kostner, Suzuki, and Wagner.

I agree :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
The Ave Maria program looked to me like a short program. She started straight away and went to 3T ( eventual 3t+3t ), the it looked like she was going around for 3lo but then did a spiral instead. I wouldnt be surprised if she has changed her sp to this ave maria.

Scheherazade is clearly staying. Saw some different choreography that i would like to see in the program

I hope she will use a different outfit for Schez

Marco

She has her mojo back! Major love on both performances.

And now if she would just land those jumps...

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
with google translator:
RT @ msKOSTNER: Tomorrow, January 3, 21:10 pm do not miss the replica integral OPERA ON ICE 2013 LA 5!

I've been wondering Opera On Ice affected her Grand Prix Series since it was too close to the Grand Prix events. Why do they hold this show in autumn every year? Since this is the show skaters need lots of hours to prepare for, they should schedule it much earlier. :shuffle:

lauravvv

I've been wondering Opera On Ice affected her Grand Prix Series since it was too close to the Grand Prix events. Why do they hold this show in autumn every year? Since this is the show skaters need lots of hours to prepare for, they should schedule it much earlier. :shuffle:
It can't be in August, because then it would clash with 'All That Skate Summer' (not this season, since the only 'All That Skate' show was at the end of June), then at the beginning of September there is usually the second edition of 'Fantasy on Ice' in Japan - of course, most of the skaters who skate in 'Opera on Ice' don't skate in those shows, but Lambiel (who is the second star of 'Opera on Ice' besides Carolina) does, also Shizuka Arakawa (she usually skates in 'Fantasy on Ice'). But perhaps that's not even the main reason, a more significant reason may be that there are other events at the arena of Verona that can't be scheduled in a different time. And there may be more reasons.

MsZem

I see the sea
Skaters do pre-season and in-season shows all the time, and Carolina used to compete at Nebelhorn in the past, which of course is right before the GP. I doubt Opera on Ice would have affected her preparation, she's a veteran competitor and knows what she's doing.

msadot

I've been wondering Opera On Ice affected her Grand Prix Series since it was too close to the Grand Prix events. Why do they hold this show in autumn every year? Since this is the show skaters need lots of hours to prepare for, they should schedule it much earlier.

Her manager, the most important person of her life, thought this show for her. The show is September and she begins to promote it in February, with usual monthly mentions. I'll tell you more: she attended galas in Sleva, Bozen and Oberstdorf. Well, he already signed the autographs for the fourth opera on ice.
Also, there are shows in this period, too; with skaters busy in Nationals and Europeans and similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information