alilou's Adventures in Wonderland - all over the map.

sk8pics

alilou,
Beautiful, beautiful pictures! And I think the ones you submitted for the contest are wonderful choices!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thanks Buzz. Got my fingers crossed, but either way it was fun just to put the entry together.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
There's a new blog post ready - the fourth and final one about the amazing Guelaguetza Festival in Mexico. More fabulous costumes and dances :cheer:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Two new blog posts are ready.

There's one in the This Nomadic Life series about money worries (and learning not to!)
Direct link: http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/this-nomadic-life-money-worries/

and a new travel post about some ancient Zapotec ruins, a hike in the high country, and the amazing Tlacolula Market - all in Oaxaca, Mexico. The link in my sig line will take you there.

We're currently in Buenos Aires! Going to some tango performances soon :)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Tango lessons sounds cool Alilou! :cheer2:
Um . . . I don't think we'll actually take lessons. I think Mr alilou has 2 left feet, and I'm good at bopping up and down :)
but we're certainly going to watch some of the best. Then I can talk about tango on FSU as if I know something about it :lol:

Tango is heavenly .. enjoy!
I'm excited to go to a show - they have dinner/show combinations here with professional dancers.

I don't know how you choose only five from all your wonderful pictures! Love how the blue of the door is echoed in the cockerel. Reminds me of my granny's house in Portugal when I was a kid. Thanks so much for sharing!! :D
Thank you! I also love the blue door and the blue feathers. Sometimes everything just aligns and the shot is right there for you.

I envy you!
Awww - come on down :) it's pretty cool here - early spring - but still wonderful.

l'etoile

Two new blog posts are ready.

There's one in the This Nomadic Life series about money worries (and learning not to!)
Direct link: http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/2013/09/21/this-nomadic-life-money-worries/

and a new travel post about some ancient Zapotec ruins, a hike in the high country, and the amazing Tlacolula Market - all in Oaxaca, Mexico. The link in my sig line will take you there.

We're currently in Buenos Aires! Going to some tango performances soon :)

That blog entry broke me into tears, Alison(can I call you by your name?). Always cheering you guys on for your happy journey:)

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Wow Tango lessons...you should be so HOT! ;)

No no no! Not lessons. Just watching. Watching real professionals :cheer:

The Tango - one of my favourites!!

I'm hoping it will become one of my favourites once I see it performed live by the best in the world :)

That blog entry broke me into tears, Alison(can I call you by your name?). Always cheering you guys on for your happy journey:)

Which post - the money one I guess. It was such a breakthrough for me, such a freedom. Thank you l'etoile <3
I'm so glad it resonated for you.
(Alison is fine - anyone just has to look at the blog to know my name)

I think finally getting to Buenos Aires is just about worth a few tears too ;)

orientalplane

Mad for mangelwurzels
Wonderfully sensitive and observant writing and incredible pictures, alive with the vibrancy of colour and the human spirit. Your journal is a real feast for the mind and the eyes. :)

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Thank you so much orientalplane and skatesindreams :) I'm so glad you're enjoying it.
I'm having a lot of fun putting it together. Still!

Alilou

Ubercavorter
If you've been following along you know I'm in Buenos Aires. The birth pace of the Tango. From the brothels.

Tonight I went to Tango show.

:inavoid: OMG OMG OMG :inavoid:

S.E.X. on the dance floor. Unutterably hot, sensuous, uninhibited, raw, and unashamedly brazen, while being classy at the same time.

AMAZING :swoon:

orientalplane

Mad for mangelwurzels
If you've been following along you know I'm in Buenos Aires. The birth pace of the Tango. From the brothels.

Tonight I went to Tango show.

:inavoid: OMG OMG OMG :inavoid:

S.E.X. on the dance floor. Unutterably hot, sensuous, uninhibited, raw, and unashamedly brazen, while being classy at the same time.

AMAZING :swoon:

:eek: Wow, sounds as though you REALLY enjoyed that! :grope: :lol:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
:eek: Wow, sounds as though you REALLY enjoyed that! :grope: :lol:
Yes! I did really enjoy it. I've never seen live tango, real tango dances by professionals, before - only in movies, youtube, etc. And it was a very intimate setting, the dancers were no more than ten feet from us. Oh I knew it was a sexy dance, but always felt just mildly uncomfortable about it, but seeing it live completely changed that. It is so brazen, so completely uninhibited, that it becomes a thing of great beauty, and of course great sensuality. Its the same cry we hear over and over about skating performances - you have to see it live, it's different live, well for me anyway. We both loved it. Plus the musicians were great, the singer fabulous, and they played three pieces of music that were totally familiar to me because everyone has skated to them (but don't ask me to name them).

Alilou

Ubercavorter
There is a new blog post ready about the wonderful city of Buenos Aires - as usual the link in my sig line gets you there.

Also a new post in the This Nomadic Life series about the "work" of travelling.
http://alisonanddon.wordpress.com/2013/10/10/this-nomadic-life-the-work-of-travelling/

We are on the road tomorrow - flying to Iguazu. We'll be there 4 days - hoping to catch a little of SA on Turkish TV or something, I don't think the time difference is that bad, we're only one hour ahead I think.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I loved the photos from Buenos Aires, and I'm so glad you had a stable, interesting place from which you could plan the next few months without having to worry about checkout times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information