The Dance Hall 11: Movin' On Up 2023-2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

litenkyckling

Looks like it will be Spain for Smart and Dieck:

I’m not surprised really - Olivia has said a few times recently in interviews that’s she’s really grateful and owes a lot of her career highs to the Spanish fed so she probably feels like she wants to keep repaying them for that. (That and Germany has no money)

skatfan

I’m not surprised really - Olivia has said a few times recently in interviews that’s she’s really grateful and owes a lot of her career highs to the Spanish fed so she probably feels like she wants to keep repaying them for that. (That and Germany has no money)
Agreed. Add to that if the couple continues to train in Canada, Smart would have almost insurmountable difficulties in getting German citizenship.

Dobre

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
A toast to FSU for apparently accurate speculation from the start.

We'll take citizenship-challenges-in-ice-dancing for $400, Alex.
I think the category is just citizenship-challenges-in-figure-skating, since we're quite adept at identifying them no matter the discipline, and we know which countries give away passports to anyone, even if they've never set foot on their sovereign territory (cough-Azerbaijan-cough-Spain-cough-Georgia-cough).

Sylvia

TBD
April 21:

Majorov has switched to Ice Dance! He says he has a partner, but no mention of who that is yet.
Milla Ruud Reitan is Nikolaj Majorov’s partner - his post today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CsI4ZsHIZy6/

From the the German news thread in July 2021:
Maybe this was mentioned earlier, but I just realised Norwegian former novice single skater Milla Ruud Reitan is now in Oberstorf and will represent Germany in ice dance.
Milla Ruud REITAN is 17 now and competed once internationally for Germany with Nikita REMESHEVSKIY, according to their ISU bio: http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00110948.htm

Sylvia

TBD
@Belsornia, GBR's Billy Wilson French's new partner is Sophia Gover (her full name was tweeted by AnythingGOE earlier today) who placed 14th with Daniel Patriquin, based in Mariposa, of 16 Junior teams at 2022 Canadians - scroll down to the "Sophia & Billy" profile on IDE's website: https://www.icedanceelite.ca/meet-our-teams

Copying over from the Club Shows & Benefits thread in GSD:
13 May, Scarboro FSC Spring Celebration Showcase: https://www.instagram.com/p/CrO1p_rM33y/

The post shows: Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont, Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus, Molly Lanaghan (who spelled Scarborough the British way in her repost :) ) / Dmitri Razgulajevs, Charlotte Chung / Axel Mackenzie, Cat Tibau / Cayden Dawson, plus new teams Emma Goodstadt / Christian Bennett and ??? / Billy Wilson French (if anyone attends, let me know who she is!).
LIVE streaming on Scarboro Figure Skating Club's Facebook page TODAY (Saturday from noon to 3 pm Eastern time): https://www.facebook.com/people/Scarboro-Figure-Skating-Club/100036867081798/

Hoping to see a preview of this:
Nadiia Bashynska/Peter Beaumont (CAN)
RD: "Never Tear Us Apart" by INXS/"The Wild Boys" by Duran Duran
Choreographers: Carol Lane, Juris Razgulajevs, Marc-Andre Servant are listed in their ISU bio
ETA that AnythingGOE has tweeted that Billy has been testing in Canada so it's being assumed he will compete in/for Canada: https://twitter.com/AnythingGOE/status/1657400564576051200

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Wyliefan

Goodstadt/Bennett up now, doing a James Bond program (Goldeneye). Bit rough, but it's early days (I think this is their first outing anywhere?).

Wyliefan

Thanks for filling that in. I know next to nothing about James Bond (only knew Goldeneye because I Shazamed it). :lol:

Looks like Nadiia and Peter are in the next group. She's in braids, a miniskirt, and knee socks, so this should be interesting. :) Molly and Dimitre are out there too, dressed to do their doll program.

Wyliefan

L/R had a fall right at the end of their program -- I didn't see on what. Just looked up to see both of them on the ice!

Dobre

Huh. I kind of find skating for Canada an odd choice since there's just much more competition. I'm interested to see this pairing.
Great Britain requires the partner to live in Great Britain in order to get citizenship so we don't see that happen very often with half British teams.

Also I think Canadian junior dance is heading into a rebuilding phase.

litenkyckling

Great Britain requires the partner to live in Great Britain in order to get citizenship so we don't see that happen very often with half British teams.

Also I think Canadian junior dance is heading into a rebuilding phase.
The GB citizenship rules are a huge part of why we never fully realise our potential the way other countries do - so annoying!

flatfoot

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
@Belsornia, GBR's Billy Wilson French's new partner is Sophia Gover (her full name was tweeted by AnythingGOE earlier today) who placed 14th with Daniel Patriquin, based in Mariposa, of 16 Junior teams at 2022 Canadians - scroll down to the "Sophia & Billy" profile on IDE's website: https://www.icedanceelite.ca/meet-our-teams
Thanks @Sylvia. I'm happy that Billy has found a new partner and that this team has already made it further than his previous partnership with Kat DelCamp. Hopefully we'll see them in summer competitions and in the mix for JGP selection (after all, by choosing to skate for Canada he's likely taking at least one JGP spot with him).

A bit disappointed that they have chosen to skate for Canada though. I'm biased of course, but it seems perplexing to choose one of the deepest fields in ice dance over a country which is struggling to fill its spots at major events. There's the citizenship issue, but if down the road they do reach the level of contending for Olympic berths there would be the CanaDanes' approach - and I'd have thought the increased opportunities and exposure from skating for GB would help them to get to that point.

They did a very cute program to a Beauty and the Beast medley.
It's been so long since he competed that I wouldn't have expected his current on ice style to be a cute Disney programme!

Andrea82

I guess Material Girl is the Harris/Chan's RD choice

litenkyckling

I think this could be really fun - Holly has the sparkle in her performance to pull this off and she seems to have a good costume budget so can't wait for that!

leilaofpaper

based on her youtube vlog, Material Girl + Express Yourself at the very least.

VGThuy

I know people bemoaned the possibility of Madonna RDs but her music isn’t used that often in skating given her output. Okay, so a lot of her music isn’t “SFW” but a lot is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information