2023-2024 Skate Canada Challenge – Junior/Senior

danafan

Canadian ladies über

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I am away for a few days, if you get a chance can you post the on demand links from daily motion once the event is completed? Appreciated :)
I'll try to remember - perhaps someone else will jump in - I'm away part of the time myself.

You should be able to find them on the Skate Canada Daily Motion channel - the ones from Skate Canada International are there: https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I'll try to remember - perhaps someone else will jump in - I'm away part of the time myself.

You should be able to find them on the Skate Canada Daily Motion channel - the ones from Skate Canada International are there: https://www.dailymotion.com/skatecanada
thanks - - was wanting to see what kids I might see at Nationals in Calgary if I can sneak away a bit to the rink.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I guess all of the senior men will qualify for Canadians as there are 14 entered here, two of which have byes (Orzel and Rakic) and three others have byes (Chiu, Sadovsky, Gogolev). So there will only be 17 men at nationals? Looks like women's will be the only full field at nationals in senior if I did my counting right.

Ice make after one group?

LOL at Bachynska and Beaumont promoting the Skate Canada online store. I do like the blue national team suits though.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Wow Guinzbourg might have had the skate of his life. He has the tech scores for 4CC and jr worlds. The reviews were not kind to him though; q on the 3axel and the combo. His tech dropped quite a bit and he looked disappointed with his score.

victorskid

I had a poorly timed dental appointment but got home in time to see the 2nd 1/2 of the 2nd group and now the 3rd group is starting. I'm grateful for that ice make :)

I'm going to miss the free dances tomorrow, unfortunately, so grateful for the archived stream :)

Skate Talker

While Mikhail Mogilen was skating I was having flashbacks of Brian Pockar stylewise and physically. That's a compliment as Pockar was a very smooth skater for those who won't know his skating. There was someone gone far too soon. I know Brian did commentating for CTV but I like to think he would have had a more hands on role with upcoming skaters as a coach, or more likely a choreographer.

Skate Talker

By the way, the 3rd stream should actually show 3 feeds simultaneously when everything is on the go - Rinks A & B and the interview, fluff, advertising on the 3rd feed.

victorskid

These juniors have picked much more interesting music than any of the seniors I've seen so far this season. I'm quite enjoying this.
I was thinking the same thing and, strangely, many of them are from the same schools as those we've already seen...

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I'd forgotten Hensen/Lickers's neon patchwork costumes. Or my mind was trying desperately to block them. :lol:

ETA: Also their music. :scream:

barbarafan

Bash/Beau into first with 75 and change. They like that! :)
Carol Lane has lots of push with domestic judges. The levels jumped up after they were shown during competition. Judge 1 and 2 were sort of interesting as well. I usually have to look to international competitions to get a better idea of how our skaters are doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information