2023-2024 Skate Canada Challenge – Junior/Senior

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Well, we all do, if it comes to that. And yet we go through it over and over and over ... :lol:

Wyliefan

Crazy ordinals at the top, for all there was no actual movement. Bashynska/Beaumont and Sales/Wamsteeker were fortunate to have their cushions from the RD.

barbarafan

Crazy ordinals at the top, for all there was no actual movement. Bashynska/Beaumont and Sales/Wamsteeker were fortunate to have their cushions from the RD.
The monkey shines of judge 1 2 and 3 in the RD fixed everything for B/B overall.

barbarafan

Or it's possible they skated well. ;)
They did skate well but look at the marks of judge 1 and 2 against the other judges and look at the pcs marks of judge no.3 of Fabbri/Ayer...in the 6's against high 7's and 8's of the other judges.

barbarafan

That might be called having a difference of opinion.
Could be... Or could be where they are getting their directions from. I looked quickly at what I could find on their backgrounds as far as weird results as I had never noticed their names before. Interesting.....Leslie Lawrence, Claudia Baron, Shannon Downing...Who is in charge of choosing judges?

honey

I’m here for a barn burner of a Saturday night watching the senior women from Challenge ;).

Some of the bigger names in this first group! Interested to see how Bombardier looks after some of the earlier events.

honey

I’m very impressed with the work that Amelia Orzel has done. Yes the jumps are still quite slow going in, but this is much improved. The entrance into the loop especially was pretty quick. Very steady skate.

Wyliefan

Good for Kaiya getting off her 3-3! Looked like there was an UR in there, but even if her TES drops, it's got some room to drop.

ETA: Into first with 60.22. :cheer2:

honey

Good for Kaiya getting off her 3-3! Looked like there was an UR in there, but even if her TES drops, it's got some room to drop.

ETA: Into first with 60.22. :cheer2:
TES went down 6 points from when she finished. q on the flip and lutz, < on the toe. And a ! on the lutz. I didn’t expect a Canadian panel to go that hard tbh :slinkaway

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I think that is best that Kaiya has skated, so she moved into first and Fiona is second but I missed her skate. Up next are the junior women, lots of next gen team members and former

4rkidz

TES went down 6 points from when she finished. q on the flip and lutz, < on the toe. And a ! on the lutz. I didn’t expect a Canadian panel to go that hard tbh :slinkaway
I think the judging has been good at the domestic events.

honey

Oh good to know I have two devices running to watch both rinks lol
She had a really cute program (very sassy). Lutz combo was good, flip was under and !, plus a fall. She looked pretty well prepared though.

4rkidz

Over in juniors.. Clean program for Michelle Lee of Hamilton who is back after being off for a year or so, fortunate she was so young. Landed her triple lutz but no triple triple. 141.64 and into first.

4rkidz

Bit of a difficult skate for Abbie Baltzer, maybe not fully back from her injuries in the Fall. But she is also on the younger side so has time. More next gen skaters coming up.

4rkidz

Good skate from Kara Yun landed her triple triple but down on one jump and rest was clean, should easily go into first.

4rkidz

Nice job from Lulu. Just looking at the jump technique, I think she's the most promising skater here.
She did really well especially as she was another one off injured in the fall, fortunately she is of small stature so not going to grow too much either.

Wyliefan

A very strong skate from Uliana, but a very perfunctory one. Kaiya and Sara-Maude rightfully beat her on PCS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information