JGP Istanbul - Men SP & FS

Sylvia

TBD
Junior Men SP Starting Order/Results: http://www.isuresults.com/results/season2324/jgptur2023/SEG001.htm

Time Schedule by skater (Thursday 18:15-22:00 local/11:15 am-3:00 pm Eastern time): http://www.isuresults.com/results/s...JUNIOR----QUAL000100--_StartListwithTimes.pdf

SP Livestream: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8siLqCXOc

StN. Name Nation

Warm-Up Group 1
1 Rio NAKATA JPN
2 Aleksei VLASENKO HUN
3 Razvan CIONAC ROU
4 Elias SAYED SWE
5 Lukas VACLAVIK SVK

Warm-Up Group 2
6 Daniel KORABELNIK LTU
7 Jakub LOFEK POL
8 Ean WEILER SUI
9 Yoanis APOSTOLU BUL
10 Terry Yu Tao JIN CAN

Warm-Up Group 3
11 Arin YORKE GBR
12 Jegor MARTSENKO EST
13 Ege ALACAN TUR
14 Konstantin SUPATASHVILI GEO
15 Aurelian CHERVET SUI

Warm-Up Group 4
16 David BONDAR CAN
17 Kai KOVAR USA
18 Wendell HANSSON-OSTERGAARD DEN
19 Daiya EBIHARA JPN
20 Gianni MOTILLA FRA
21 Minkyu SEO KOR

Warm-Up Group 5
22 Nikita KRIVOSHEYEV KAZ
23 Fedir KULISH LAT (was UKR in 2021)
24 Kyrylo MARSAK UKR
25 Luca FUENFER GER
26 Ali Efe GUNES TUR
27 Furkan Emre INCEL TUR

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Oh gosh, I lost track of time and missed Nakata. :lol: Well, it looks like he did just fine!

Hedwig

Antique member
Razvan from Romania - obviously not one to finish in the top five but I really liked his program and his relaxed skating style, good content in between the jumps as well.

Wyliefan

I always appreciate a good Godfather program, but a bow tie does not go well with it.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
Judging by the weather here about 700 miles south, these kids will be skating through fog up to their waists by the last group.

Sylvia

TBD
Juniors is so much fun, you see someone who is introduced as "5th at Swedish Nationals" and you expect a wobbly 2toe - and then it is a squeaky clean 3flip-3toe!
Sayed also skated a clean SP with 3F+3T at Cranberry Cup in Boston last month - scored higher here!

Hedwig

Antique member
Lukas from SVK also great - the steps after the lutz were great - the change of direction, the energy in the steps was cool!

Sylvia

TBD
Lukas Vaclavik spent some time training with Team Raf in Irvine, CA this summer - he’s now based in Trento, Italy. He’s landed 3A before, IIRC.

Hedwig

Antique member
Lukas Vaclavik spent some time training with Team Raf in Irvine, CA this summer - he’s now based in Trento, Italy. He’s landed 3A before, IIRC.
he certainly had enough room left for at least one rotation more!

Kateri

void beast
I need to know the theory behind Ean Weiler's costume, because he looks like Hanyu got mauled by a wolf (or maybe by some of his fans).

Hedwig

Antique member
Ean - poor guy - this was clearly nerves, the jumps looked good in the air but two falls.
very Weir-esque and not just because of the Weirtard!
Wonderful rotational jump into twizzle in the step sequence
very big talent!

Wyliefan

Very nice skate by Konstantin. I think Georgia is going to be just fine without Morisi.

Wyliefan

Kai's got a terrible lean on his jumps. :( The lutz was better than the axel, but neither of them had much of a chance from the get-go. Pity, because he's got a good program.

Did he hit a growth spurt? I don't remember him being quite this tall.

ETA: 52.54 is a pretty good score considering those jumps!

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Kai's got a terrible lean on his jumps. :( The lutz was better than the axel, but neither of them had much of a chance from the get-go. Pity, because he's got a good program.

Did he hit a growth spurt? I don't remember him being quite this tall.

ETA: 52.54 is a pretty good score considering those jumps!
The explanation is sitting in the K&C with him.

Hedwig

Antique member
the elements were great, obviously
but he is oddly sloppy for a Japanese man - toes not pointed, legs not totally stretched here and there

but will get into lead for sure

Wyliefan

Into 2nd, but he looks pretty satisfied with it. Less than a point behind.

Wyliefan

Collision on the warmup -- I didn't recognize the skaters. Looks like everyone's okay.

SkateFanBerlin

What is it? The Japanese just can`t miss. I know there are weak moments - Kaori at the GP final. But if they do it in practice they do it in competition. Ted says it`s because they`re so deep they can`t afford to make a mistake. I disagree. They`re not doing it out of fear. Mai admits to being nervous. But, it`s something different from what others think of as nerves. They`re still able to produce 90% of what they planned even with the nerves.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
What is it? The Japanese just can`t miss. I know there are weak moments - Kaori at the GP final. But if they do it in practice they do it in competition. Ted says it`s because they`re so deep they can`t afford to make a mistake. I disagree. They`re not doing it out of fear. Mai admits to being nervous. But, it`s something different from what others think of as nerves. They`re still able to produce 90% of what they planned even with the nerves.
Maybe Sota is 1/4 French...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information