JGP Linz - Men SP & FS

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Vlasenko - his Elvis program last season was better - if only because his lack of expression made it so easy to snark about. I just can't with shitty emo song.

ETA - lmao - Ted is oh-so-Canadianly telling us that there was absolutely NO effort at presentation in this program.

Karen-W

Li - doesn't have the cool panache to pull this music off like Nathan Chen. Plus, the costume just makes this seem like a twee SNL parody of men's skating.

Karen-W

Kakiuchi - hit or miss to open on his jumps - really solidifying my opinion that the Japanese junior men aren't quite as deep this season as they were last season. This guy needs to consider ice dance, btw.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Is this Ed's first time in the final group? I can't remember. Anyway, I don't think he's been there many times, so good for him!

Karen-W

Appleby - got the 3a! No quad this time. I really don't care for the loose-fitting tunic he has. Jump landings are a bit wonky - he has a lean in the air on almost all of them, so it's no wonder the landings are iffy. I don't think this will be enough to beat Naoki.
Is this Ed's first time in the final group? I can't remember. Anyway, I don't think he's been there many times, so good for him!
I don't think so - he won bronze in Courchevel 2 years ago.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Good start with the 3a combination and some nice clean landings. Second half went off the rails. Onward and upward, kid.

Baby Brits cheering in the audience!

Karen-W

Tian - first time seeing him as I slept through his SP - he has a nice lightness to his skating. He might have done enough to stay ahead of Naoki - the TES box was already full before that last spin, so I'm wondering if there's an invalid element somewhere?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Tian fabulous!!! Not sure if it was classical but it was sweeping! 🎶

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information