Worlds 2024 Rhythm Dance: ‘Dance me to the end of RoLi’

peibeck

Simply looking
Swiss guy is a lot stronger than her, but maybe with a lot of work we'll see them more in the future. Not bad, but not great.

skatingguy

decently
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKIY 🇮🇱
Personal Best: 64.14
Season Best: 62.83
Music: Faith by George Michael
Careless Whisper by George Michael
Wake Me Up Before You Go Go by George Michael
Coach: Galit Chait Moracci

Came 19th at 2024 ECh, 13th at 2023 ECh & 17th at 2023 WCh. Placed 23rd at 2020 WJCh & 25th at 2019 WJCh. Finished 6th at Warsaw Cup & 10th at Budapest Trophy 2023. They are twins. Born in Ukraine and train in the USA. Coach Galit Chait Moracci is the 2002 World Ice Dance bronze medalist.

Rukia

A Southern, hot-blooded temperamental individual
ok as someone who used to get in trouble all the time for making her chasses too bouncy I have some tips for this team

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
All we really need to complete the twin quotient is a boy/girl set of twins who compete in singles. Just sayin'...

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Mark Hanretty was a competitive ice dancer, right? You can tell he's absolutely LOVING this event. Although, he's been pretty darn excited about every event so far. I really like his commentary a lot.
Yes, went to Worlds and Euros once. I think he started commentating around 2016 but it may have been earlier. He knows his stuff. I've never heard him as excited and into the performance as he was for Stellato and Deschamps last night. He and Tonia were out of their seats basically screaming by the end of the program. Reminded me of Scott Hamilton's first venture in commentating, I think 85 Worlds? He was screaming endlessly too over every. single. jump.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Mark Hanretty was a competitive ice dancer, right? You can tell he's absolutely LOVING this event. Although, he's been pretty darn excited about every event so far. I really like his commentary a lot.
He was. He switched to dance from singles. He retired very early at a time full of eville politiks in British skating. He is a lovely skater though and a lovely guy too!

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
I really like Zehnder/Sieber. They have another season of Jr eligibility and I think they should take it. They could qualify for the JGPF next season - they're quite charming.
Yeah, I agree. Z/S have personality and potential but they're not going to make it to Milano-Cortina so they should do what's best for their long-term development, and a strong junior season will give them a stronger base than a mediocre senior one.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Yes, went to Worlds and Euros once. I think he started commentating around 2016 but it may have been earlier. He knows his stuff. I've never heard him as excited and into the performance as he was for Stellato and Deschamps last night. He and Tonia were out of their seats basically screaming by the end of the program. Reminded me of Scott Hamilton's first venture in commentating, I think 85 Worlds? He was screaming endlessly too over every. single. jump.
Mark's energy level this week has been amped up several notches from what he's normally like on the JGP and GP or even last year for Worlds. I really think that being there in person has made him giddy, lol.

skatingguy

decently
Mariia NOSOVITSKAYA / Mikhail NOSOVITSKYI 🇮🇱
Coach: Galit Chait Moracci
Music: Selection by George Michael

Choreo Rhythm Sequence
Sequential Twizzles W:3 M:4 - rotation check by Mariia on the 2nd twizzle
Pattern Dance Type Step Sequence 2
Straight Line Lift 4

Midline Step Sequence W:1 M:2

The 80's were definitely tacky, but this is the wrong kind of tacky. I don't know what is going on with her outfit but it looks like someone did an arts & crafts project at summer camp. The performance is missing any feel for the music, or the character of George Michael. These two are just not cool enough to pull off this music. I think Tkachenko/Kiliakov will take the lead as the senior team for Israel by next year's worlds.

59.16 = 3rd Place

Last edited:

skatingguy

decently
Olivia SMART / Tim DIECK 🇪🇸
Personal Best: 72.56
Season Best: 72.56
Music: Call Me by Blondie
Rapture by Blondie
Call Me by Blondie
Coach: Marie-France Dubreuil, Patrice Lauzon, Romain Haguenauer, Pascal Denis

Debut at WCh as a team. 2024 National Champions. Ranked 6th & 8th in their GP event 2023. Placed 2nd at Challenge Cup 2024. Were not selected for 2024 ECh. Teamed up in fall 2022. She is originally from GBR while he is from GER.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information