World of Dance

Josh78

Michael has been on my radar ever since he won SYTYCD Australia a couple of years ago and I got a chance to see a couple of his routines on Youtube -- he's continued that style, passion, and movement which has only gotten stronger as he's matured -- and he just seems like the sweetest, nicest guy (I follow him on Facebook) so I'm glad he is doing so well!

PeterG

Just finished last night's episode. And...I love Ciara. But having her show up the day of the show? :confused: And having the mentors make suggestions just TWO days before the performance? It would make more sense if the dancers had two days to work on their performance (I assume all are bringing routines that they've been working on for months, if not a year or more), then the mentors give feedback with four more days of rehearsal. Then two days before performance night, Ciara gives them more input.

Less happy with the winners of the second two groups. I basically had S-Rank and Poreotics tied. Poreotics I'd have in first if they hadn't made a mistake. I find that Poreotics stand out more than S-Rank does as a team, they're more memorable. Surprised The Ruggeds came in second. Their routine had staging and lighting as the star with The Ruggeds as featured dancers. I also thought they could have involved their injured person in a more interesting way. Have him seated at the back of the stage to one side, maybe using fans or lengths of fabrics in different colours moved around to divide the sections of their dance. Dance is not just legs, the choreographer could have had him explore dance and movement via just the upper body. Could have been very interesting I think.

So disappointed that Sean & Kaycee didn't win their category. I find them both very intriguing - individually as people and as dancers. And I like them as a team. And I love Sean as a choreographer. Holy crap, if this is what he's doing at 16, what will he be creating at 26? At 36? At 46? What a wonderful story his life is going to be. Filmmakers should be following him around and releasing a movie about him every five years or so. :respec:

My final two would have been The Lab vs. Sean and Kaycee. But I'll be happy with The Lab vs. Michael Dameski.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Going back to SYTYCD for a minute... I binge watched the last 4 shows last night, 3 of them for the 2nd time. I finally figured out what was bugging me and it’s the music the choreographers chose. There was a lot of music that just repeated over and over at the same level. How do the dancers show nuance if there’s none in their music? For me, there were very few choreographic standouts. Sheesh, even Mia used a piece that was 8 bars on repeat! End rant.

I’m fine with the final four on WOD. I was hoping Jaxon could have come up with something new, but he Eva Igoed at the wrong time. The Lab FTW with Michael as my backup.

Rogue

Sexy Superhero
I love The Lab! Hope they win the whole thing. I also loved Karen y Ricardo, though I can't complain about them choosing Michael. But I could watch Karen spin all day long (and she probably could spin all day long)! I feel like they may have shown them out of order last night and spoiled the upper team results when Neyo told The Lab that they would've beat S Rank with their score, and S Rank and the upper teams hadn't been shown yet.

I certainly hope they showed the JT division dances out of order. Because otherwise the judges shouldn't have given The Lab any scores higher than 98 just in case. Yes, it turned out that they were the clear winners, but it was always possible the other 2 teams could have pulled a rabbit out of their hats and beat them.

alj5

WOD: Finally caught up.

Uppers - Karen & Ricardo are so perfect, and this was no exception. But Michael came out with a performance that brought the audience on a journey with him.

Junior Team - The Lab were great. I like their routine at "the cut" better, but it was really fun and creative. But they were the clear winners of this group.

Upper Team - I'm not mad about S-Rank winning. Poreotics had that big fall at the end. I loved the Rugged's concept and they danced it well. Shame their star dancer was injured. This is a dance I'd like to see live, and it was the most entertaining to me.

Juniors - Kaycee & Sean WUZ ROBBED! That's all I have to say.

chantilly

Thought most of the right winners went through.
Though all three junior teams were better then SRank.

However Poerotics were just ok.
SRank beats them on precision, synchronization and skill but SRank severely lack creativity.

I can’t imagine letting The Ruggeds through with that injury
He’s part of the team and he can’t dance with that injury.

You could definitely argue for Sean and Kaycee but the other team are stronger dancers. Their concept and backdrop was atrocious. It totally undermined them. Sorry can’t remember their names.

Michael was the clear winner for me

Karen and Ricardo are fantastic but completely repetitive.
I get very little from them emotionally.Too bad about Zack and partner.

I’m guessing the Lab will take it.

And they deserve it.

Scrufflet

Loved The Lab and they earned it! Michael was fantastic. I still can't easily distinguish the others though, even though they are fantastic technically. Really liked seeing the people from last year return! A good night! And satisfying results, just like SYTYCD.

chantilly

^ Thought the omissions of Eva was odd. It may have to do with the fact she competed this year.

Fast forwarded Les Twins.

So thrilled about SYTYCD.

Derek is so talented. But I just find him to be a tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information