Word Games

Susan1

Wordle 338 2/6

⬜🟨🟨🟨🟨
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Wahoo! It was right there.

We just had a 12 hour power outage (11:30 p.m. to 11:30 a.m.). A guy in a truck flew down my street, turned left onto the grassy median, sideswiped a tree and kept going left, right into the power pole at the corner of the street next to me. Cut it in half. AND DROVE AWAY. Police are still looking. 2 hours sleep. A stranger came up the street with me and opened my garage door this morning so I could get out.

hoptoad

With a little luck, I had my best wordle day yet: 3335-6 20

That's my daily worldle notes: English-Latin-Latin-Spanish - Quordle
I often get a total of 23, and only twice got 22. I'm not sure I'll ever top this one as it's necessary to have a bit of luck across five games. :D

yeah, I'm an addict ...

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Wordle 340 3/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟩
⬜🟩🟩🟩🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Nice. A bit lucky, my second word was just fishing for letters.

Susan1

DON'T READ IF YOU HAVEN'T DONE THE PUZZLE TODAY -

Why today? It wasn't a hard word, I just had the right four letters that could start with three different things. Of course, I tried the other two first. It's not the first time they have done this.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Wordle 340 4/6

⬜⬜⬜⬜🟨
⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟨🟩🟩⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

When I started on this little journey 140 days ago, I often relied on the classic Wheel approach of some combo of STRNLE. Almost always got a few letters to work with in the first guess. Problem was, too many words use those letters, had me on the edge of "which one is it" seat, until I finally broke my streak by picking the wrong of two possible options.

Since then, current streak 63, I'm more reckless about it, and have found that starting with at least three less common consonants (ie the ones worth 2, 3, 4 points in Scrabble) is the way to go. Why? Because getting them wrong is often as useful as getting them right.

Today I did
TANGO SPOKE COULD VOUCH
so by the time I got to the 4th guess, I'd already eliminated enough potential options that it was obvious what the answer was.

The fun of this for me now is not so much getting it in fewer guesses than it is how random a word I can start with and still get it in 3-4.

misskarne

Wordle 341 6/6

🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩⬜⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩⬜🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟨🟩⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

I really do think there should be some kind of notif that there is a double letter.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Further to my strategy notes above, today's random opening word was CRAZY:

Wordle 341 4/6

⬜⬜🟨⬜⬜
🟩⬜⬜⬜🟩
🟩⬜🟨⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

CRAZY ABOUT AGENT ASSET

Jenny

From the Bloc
I've been playing the NY Times link since it switched over. I do think it will stay free (ie subscription not required) for the foreseeable future. They're using this as bait to get you to play their other games, some of which will cost you.

misskarne

Wordle 342 X/6

🟨⬜⬜🟩⬜
⬜🟨⬜🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩⬜
⬜⬜🟩🟩🟨

Grr.

I've changed my opening word for the last couple of days from TRASH to ANGRY, because that's all I am and cannot think clearly. Though I'm not sure I'd have got this one regardless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information