Who's planning to go to Saitama for Worlds 2019?

JasperBoy

Stayin inside
It's good to know Uniworld was able to sell those tix at the last minute.
Yes, it is an expensive trip. I was looking forward to touring Japan without too much effort (I'm 75). Guess I will never get another chance now. 😒

Sugar64

Where did you guys end up finding tickets? It seems rather impossible right?

My sister lives in Japan and was able to get some tickets for us. I didn’t have any luck with the ticket lottery for those of us outside Japan.

muffinplus

I was able to get a men's free ticket through ticket.st, but the prices are absolutely ridiculous..hopefully I won't have any admission issues

Sugar64

Has anyone been to the practice sessions? Any reports about the venue and how early they open the doors?

Edit: Ok, I just got photos of my tickets and it says on them what time the doors open!

Last edited:

npavel

Yes, I was there today. The practice entry with tickets is no problem. When the competition starts the main rink is closed for practice, but the arena opens 2 h before competition so you might get in to see the last group before they clean the ice.

There were very few atlets at practice. I was at dance and the first 3 groups of men. The second group of men had only Hanyu missing, the third group were complete. All the other groups were pretty empty or at most with one skater

Sugar64

It’s only the first day and they’re already sold out of souvenirs! There wasn’t much of a choice to begin with. They still may have programs left.

The ladies restroom across from Section 220 has a lot of stalls and seems to move the quickest.

n*ice mom

By the way, I live in Nagoya. Not going to Worlds as I was lucky enough to go to the Olympics last year. It was easier to get tickets for the Olympics than skating events in Japan. Couldn't get tickets for the Grand Prix Final in Nagoya, but I did get to support the US team by showing several skaters, coaches, and parents around Nagoya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information