Whoopi Goldberg walks off the view

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Absolutely TEAM WHOOPI on this one.

The level of audience entitlement is through the roof these days. It is not only distracting to the performer, but audience members around them as well.

The audience members' argument was that they paid $700 for their tickets, and could do what they liked.

Several years ago I was at a stand-up comic's act where she stopped mid-show and berated an audience member for texting during her show. The artist said, "Your face is lighting up like a (expletive) beacon. Turn off your phone right now.

Recently at the musical, MAMMA MIA prior to the show, ushers held up signs that said, Turn Off Your Phones & No Singing!

Earlier this week I attended another live musical where an audience member sitting directly behind me decided it would be a great idea to sing along at the top of their lungs.

Normally I would put up with such nonsense.

But in this instance I turned around and went the full Patti Lupone on them and said, "How lucky I am to have paid $150 for two shows. One playing up on stage and another one behind me."

Said audience member got the message and was silent for the remainder of the event.

Last edited:

PeterG

The level of audience entitlement is through the roof these days. It is not only distracting to the performer, but audience members around them as well.

The audience members' argument was that they paid $700 for their tickets, and could do what they liked.

Several years ago I was at a stand-up comic's act where she stopped mid-show and berated an audience member for texting during her show. The artist said, "Your face is lighting up like a (expletive) beacon. Turn off your phone right now.

Recently at the musical, MAMMA MIA prior to the show, ushers held up signs that said, Turn Off Your Phones & No Singing!

Earlier this week I attended another live musical where an audience member sitting directly behind me decided it would be a great idea to sing along at the top of their lungs.

But in this instance I turned around and went the full Patti Lupone on them and said, "How lucky I am to have paid $150 for two shows. One playing up on stage and another one behind me."

Said audience member got the message and was silent for the remainder of the event.

Did you even watch The View that day? I watch ever day and nothing you say is true.

Goldberg did not walk off The View.

At the end of the segement, Whoopi walked from the table out into the audience to celebrate the 90th birthday of one of the audience members. Goldberg did so to take a picture with the birthday gal.

It was a sweet moment that shows that Whoopi loves her audience members. ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Cachoo

This seems like the least motivated walk off ever.
Well Peter G explained it. Shame on E News or whoever for the clickbait. And you are right...she sauntered off of the set...way too relaxed and mellow to be angry.

PeterG

Well Peter G explained it. Shame on E News or whoever for the clickbait. And you are right...she sauntered off of the set...way too relaxed and mellow to be angry.

I watch The View every day and yahoo (who I have e-mail with) knows that I like the show. So every single day there's something wild and wacky about the show...that didn't really happen. One day one of the dressers chose a shirt for Alyssa Farah Griffin to wear that had a bit of an off-the-shoulder thing to it. It looked a little different, but Griffin was up for trying something new. Whoopi made a joke about cutting a hole in the other side of the shirt to even up the look and yahoo had some headline like, "Whoopi takes a pair of scissors to Alyssa Farah Griffin"!!! :lol: Idiots. :D

Cachoo

I watch The View every day and yahoo (who I have e-mail with) knows that I like the show. So every single day there's something wild and wacky about the show...that didn't really happen. One day one of the dressers chose a shirt for Alyssa Farah Griffin to wear that had a bit of an off-the-shoulder thing to it. It looked a little different, but Griffin was up for trying something new. Whoopi made a joke about cutting a hole in the other side of the shirt to even up the look and yahoo had some headline like, "Whoopi takes a pair of scissors to Alyssa Farah Griffin"!!! :lol: Idiots. :D
I get so irritated at these clowns. With me it is my love for the Kansas City Chiefs. There will be a supposed debate about KC on Good Morning Football or some other sports show....you click on it and the team isn't even mentioned. They know Patrick Mahomes is popular so he pops up in the headline and has absolutely nothing to do with the discussion.

DreamSkates

I used to teach in college. This kind of entitled attitude is not just in entertainment shows.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I did something similar once at a small venue for a band I loved. Three frat boys stood in front of me and three songs in had not stopped talking. I said, “This is not the soundtrack to your conversation, kindly shut the F up”. I doubt they shut up but they did move away from the angry middle-aged concert Karen. :kickass::lol:

Winnipeg

IN general, not related to the VIew as I did not see this show:

entitled, selfish, rude, etc Many people just do not care about whether or not their actions adversely affect others. Sad but true.

Example - watching a sporting event with a few fans and a guy plops down and starts playing his guitar. No-one wanted to listen to that because we were watching the game........eventually got the hint and stopped.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

Apologies to THE VIEW fans if this was upsetting to them.

The intention of my original post was about poor theatre etiquette and in no way meant as a slam against Goldberg (whom I adore).

Moving on, I was a bit horrified that a fan managed to sneak backstage at a recent show starring Lea Salonga in an attempt to get a selfie with them. Rightly so, she asked them to leave. I know I would have been far less civil under the same circumstances.

Any time someone's safety is compromised, I hope the security person was given a severe dressing down for it. It doesn't how much you pay for a ticket, stars are not public property!

(Hopefully the story is correct and not another tricky example of CLICK BAIT).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information