Which skater/team has best chance to be a real *surprise* world medalist this year

Most likely to win a surprise medal at Worlds

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
All the ice dance teams are moving to Toronto as it’s the only path to success so no Moscow team is going to do well! Lol!

But why wasn’t bukin invited to the Pyeongchang Olympics? No success at all until that is explained. They almost lost to zahoroski and Guerrero at worlds because of fear over his being a huge doper. Plus they are trained by total no name losers with no success in modern ijs ice dance.

IMO Russia should have been banned from the 2018 Winter Olympics period. For all their cheating at the 2014 Games (doping, riggage, cover ups, etc..in all sports). By letting the country compete, but randomly banning certain athletes without a justifiable individual reason- Klimov/Stolbova, Stepanova/Bukin, it unfairly harms those athletes and their reputation much more than if the country were banned. There was no justification to banning Stepanova & Bukin from the Games if they were going to allow Russia to compete, and this probably did unjustifiably hurt how they got scored at worlds.

Cleo1782

In pairs theres some good teams that could be first-timers on World podium this year...

Della Monica & Guarise
Moore-Towers & Marinaro
The Knierims
Yu & Zhang (if healthy)
Peng & Jin
Zab & Enbert
Ryom & Kim
Marchei & Hotarek

I would put Kayne/O'Shea ahead of the Knierims and Ryom and Kim (who they handily beat at 4cc's). That being said I don't expect any of the three to medal.

savchenkoboss

Banned Member
I think the script now is for a podium of Sui & Han, Tarasova & Morozov, and James & Cipres at worlds, probably in that order, but I agree there are a number of good dark horses in pairs this year so anything could happen, especialy as both T&M and J&C are quite inconsistent at times.

clairecloutier

I feel like pairs is going to be quite open this year, with all the retirements/splits/injuries/etc.

If I had to bet today on a pairs team medaling at Worlds, who haven't already medaled there, my money would definitely be on Zabijako/Enbert.

StasiyaGalustyanLove

Banned Member
I vote "other" in great hope's and prayer's that Ross Minor will compete and full fill the promise of a new day he showed with his glorious performances in San Jose last winter. My memory of the skate, music of Queen and William Joel, I can not stop tingling whenever I remind myself of those precious moments he made on the ice for all of us to enjoy.

If Ross does not compete, I will choose Keegan and my wife will certainly be cheering/ grunting loudly for him at all event's of the season to come.

Seerek

I feel like pairs is going to be quite open this year, with all the retirements/splits/injuries/etc.

If I had to bet today on a pairs team medaling at Worlds, who haven't already medaled there, my money would definitely be on Zabijako/Enbert.

I'm probably the 1-2 people on this board that actually likes this team, but concede that they won't be going anywhere, no less an World podium, until they solve their apparent mental block in the long program. I also question how much input they have in their programs (I know the FP last season was supposed to be a "concept").

MAXSwagg

I'm probably the 1-2 people on this board that actually likes this team, but concede that they won't be going anywhere, no less an World podium, until they solve their apparent mental block in the long program. I also question how much input they have in their programs (I know the FP last season was supposed to be a "concept").

They have very nice skating skills and quality movements/positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information