What's in your Spotify Wrapped day report?

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don't have Spotify. :lol: But my sister likes to tell me all her data about the music she listened to and then I saw my friend also posted about hers. So I'm interested to know who and what Spotify says you listened to all year.

My sister's #1 artist was Guy Clark. My friends was Qsensx.

I have YouTube Music so luckily I don't have to tell what I've been listening to. ;)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I have YouTube Music so luckily I don't have to tell what I've been listening to. ;)
:lol:

I have Spotify but I don't think I listened to it one time in 2021. And I forgot to install it on my new computer. I mostly watch YouTube videos in the background when I'm on my computer and listen to music in the car.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I don't have it either. I think I'm going to get Apple Music, though, as apparently that will give me access to my complete musical library across all devices, which I don't have now. It irritates me no end to have to pay for a monthly service to access stuff I already bought, but I guess that's the age we live in.

genevieve

drinky typo pbp, closet hugger (she/her)
Staff member
I don't have Spotify. I listen to an actual radio station (not sirius or whatever) and when I'm in the mood for something more curated I go to youtube and look up "obscure euro hits of the 80s" or whatever. :p

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don't have Spotify. I listen to an actual radio station (not sirius or whatever) and when I'm in the mood for something more curated I go to youtube and look up "obscure euro hits of the 80s" or whatever. :p
Yeah, I only used to go to youtube and get stuff. But then one time I was trying to get rid of ads on youtube by paying and I accidentally paid for YouTube Music and I liked it so I've kept on.

I listen to radio for classical music. But I'm too old for pop there's no stations that play stuff that old anymore. :drama:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don't have it either. I think I'm going to get Apple Music, though, as apparently that will give me access to my complete musical library across all devices, which I don't have now. It irritates me no end to have to pay for a monthly service to access stuff I already bought, but I guess that's the age we live in.
I don't really get how things work in the age we live in, partly because I don't have a smart phone I guess. What platforms do you have your musical library on? I've been trying to figure out the best way to have music these days besides having hundreds of old CDs in piles on the floor. :shuffle:

I like the YouTube Music streaming service but I can't imagine having that as the way I keep music.

Wyliefan

I have an iPod, which I'm told is in itself a very old-fashioned thing to have. But I had my old iPod Classic for years and years and I got used to it, so I got another one when it expired. I'm totally a Luddite living in the era of technology. :lol:

But what I found when I got the new one is that without Apple Music, it will access only part of my collection.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I have an iPod, which I'm told is in itself a very old-fashioned thing to have. But I had my old iPod Classic for years and years and I got used to it, so I got another one when it expired. I'm totally a Luddite living in the era of technology. :lol:

But what I found when I got the new one is that without Apple Music, it will access only part of my collection.
Yeah, I thought iPods and the like were no longer used. I thought everyone keeps their music on their phones? Or a platform (Apple music?) they can access with their phones?

I'm trying to figure out if there is a digital device I could keep my music on so I could play it in the car and places where I am offline. Besides a phone...

Wyliefan

Yeah, I thought iPods and the like were no longer used. I thought everyone keeps their music on their phones?
That's exactly what everyone said to me when I was looking for help finding a new iPod. But I'm stubborn. :lol:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I had ripped so many CDs and had them all in iTunes but somehow I managed to lose them all and my phone now only has music I bought via iTunes. It's a very small and very weird selection.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I use my YouTube music for background music while working and to drown out the whine of the computer or the kids upstairs. I can't work and really listen to music at the same time so I'm afraid that if I had a year's most played list it would look like women's figure skating fans worst nightmares. :slinkaway

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
I have been waiting nearly 35 years for them to develop a superior format to the compact disc. It has yet to occur.

My extensive music library is tangible and cannot be stolen or hacked or lost.

-BB

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
It will shock no one that my top two artists were Cheap Trick and Def Leppard. My Chemical Romance was third, and then the Art of Noise and The Bee Gees were four and five, and I only have one song from each of them on my playlist. :confused:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I'm trying to figure out if there is a digital device I could keep my music on so I could play it in the car and places where I am offline. Besides a phone...
I still have one of these. But I generally stream music these days. My music isn't stored on my phone, but I play it through my phone.

My husband and I ripped all our CDs long ago and then added a massive library of music we were given by a DJ. I have everything organized in Music Bee on my computer (my husband uses something else), but I never use it because streaming. It's a shame, as I have a lot of music in that library that I can't get from YouTube Music. But it's just so easy to stream everything.

mella

If you just want to access your own music I don't think you have to pay a subscription. Previously if you wanted to access new music you didn't need one either if you were happy to live with ads. It might have changed but if it did I missed it.

The exception is that if you want to connect into a wireless speaker system (like Sonos or similar) I think you do have to have a subscription.

Jay42

Between the click of the light
My number one artist is Arcade Fire. I'm in the top .005% of their listeners. Number one song is Ancient Dreams in a Modern Land by MARINA. Though the most fun part for me was seeing that ABBA's Money, Money, Money was the song that would play over my fight scene in the movie soundtrack of my life.

Mayra

There's no way my top 5 were my top 5. I refuse to believe it.

Rauw Alejandro was my top artist and "Todo de Ti" my top song, and I'll accept that.

Hilariously WAP by Cardi B was listed as my #2 top song. I honestly can't remember ever getting on spotify and saying, I'm going to listen to WAP today. When did this get into my top 10 let alone my top 2?! :rofl:

quartz

scratching at the light
I don’t have Spotify (because I’m an old Luddite and like my old music in old formats), but my family does. Husband was quite proud that he was in the top 20% with 30,000 minutes of what was described as “wistful and bold”. Then daughter chirped in that she was in the top 11% with 45,000 minutes, also “wistful and bold”. Then the son chimes in with, hey, I’m top 3% with 85,000 minutes, but his was “progressive metal”.
Husband and son are pretty good with finding stuff I like when I am with them, hey, quartz, you might like this, and usually I do, and then later I go right back to Kansas. :lol:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don’t have Spotify (because I’m an old Luddite and like my old music in old formats), but my family does. Husband was quite proud that he was in the top 20% with 30,000 minutes of what was described as “wistful and bold”. Then daughter chirped in that she was in the top 11% with 45,000 minutes, also “wistful and bold”. Then the son chimes in with, hey, I’m top 3% with 85,000 minutes, but his was “progressive metal”.
Husband and son are pretty good with finding stuff I like when I am with them, hey, quartz, you might like this, and usually I do, and then later I go right back to Kansas. :lol:
So your top music on Spotify would be Kansas. But would that be "wistful and bold?" :lol:

I listen to Kansas occasionally.

Rob

Beach Bum
I don't really get how things work in the age we live in, partly because I don't have a smart phone I guess. What platforms do you have your musical library on? I've been trying to figure out the best way to have music these days besides having hundreds of old CDs in piles on the floor. :shuffle:

I like the YouTube Music streaming service but I can't imagine having that as the way I keep music.
I was trying to figure out what a Spotify Wrapped day report was and how you knew what it was when I didn't, but now I see - its your sister, lol! Dinosaur here listens to XM Radio and occasionally uses my friend's Pandora when she is here for a party. I had Apple Music, which I got to download some music for a trip, but I forgot to cancel and paid for it for like 3 years. I think I used it a couple of times for party play lists. I also have a few playlists on Amazon Prime music (dance tunes, dinner party tunes, rock tunes, Mexican tunes) but I use my online services like a mix tape, lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information