What would Nancy Kerrigan do?

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
Our skating community in Hobart, Tasmania (in Australia) is at risk of losing the State's only ice rink. The current rink is for sale and there is a real possibility that if sold it may not continue as an ice rink. We are currently lobbying government for help to assist with a new rink.

Anyway don't know how it happened but Nancy Kerrigan sent us a video supporting us. We have a FB page that in a few days has over 1000 members. So please feel free to join. And if you know any international skaters see if you can get them to send us a message. It would really brighten the community's day.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

Aussie Willy

New article and news video report:
Thanks for posting the link. The ABC also came and did an updated news story that went nationally last night (that hasn't been linked to the article yet). I got interviewed for it so I got a bunch of random messages from people saying saw me on the TV. As soon as I can find the clip I will post it here.

Now if we could only get Will Ferrell doing Chad Michael Michaels.

VICK B.

skatesindreams

It was a very good episode ... Maybe the premiere of Celebrity Antique Roadshow USA.. Her 2 Olympic Medals and Vera Wang dress valued at 180 thousand insurance value...
She didn't realize the importance of her items at all.

Aussie Willy

Did an interview with one of the commercial radio stations here in Hobart. The Nancy Kerrigan clip has given us great exposure for our rink situation. What was great the guy was genuinely interested in what is going on. Funny though when we were talking about skating I was able to say "Well I started as an adult in 1993, just before the 94 Winter Olympics". Cue soundbite from the clip.

ETA - here is the podcast of the interview I did this morning with the radio station.

We have further media interviews coming up later this week.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information